Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Stroll driver of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

CancerCakes posted:

Lol Lewis had to get his dick out for the FIA medical deligaye

Edit: I'm leaving that typo there

get your rat out for the lads

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

return of the king

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Skarsnik posted:

Here is everyone's yearly reminder of why Tony got banned last time

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914982&pagenumber=520&perpage=40&userid=0#post510243659

Let's not wish for his return please

impressive, but it has nothing on the "did you poo poo yourself you gay baby" blaze of glory that el hefe (peace be upon him) went out with

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

ferrari already falling apart

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

alonso's back, baby

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

who do i have to talk to to get unbanned from the SAS discord

last year there was some random feeder series binwoman on as a pundit and i commented "who the gently caress is this woman" and apparently that constituted a sexist comment. i would have said "who the gently caress is this person" but there were 3 other people in frame. i would have said who the gently caress is this man but she was clearly not a man. i got an angry threatening DM from some mod who clearly took themselves way too seriously and thought they were internet judge dredd or something, and banned me when i tried making my case.

they weren't even in the F1 channel and i would like to livepost with the F1 thread again. i've been here since 2007 so i think if i was some raging closet sexist it would have already revealed itself by now

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Kirios posted:

It must be really embarrassing to be a McLaren fan.

i gave up in 2017 tbh, it was too crushing

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

well that was underwhelming

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

biceps crimes posted:

I can’t get over how poo poo mclaren is

it's not even comical at this point. they've suffered a fall from grace even worse than williams did

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Charles Leclerc posted:

Apparently you get a hard ban for asking why Naomi Schiff is on Sky's revolving roster of dogshit pundits.

Hello, I don't think we've been properly introduced, but I'm the one who asked who Naomi Schiff is. Calling me out is not at all tolerated full stop. If I see it again it'll be a report, this will be your only warning

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

just lmao that anyone actually still talks like this. i'm so glad our mods here don't actually think they're internet policemen

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

He's driving away already. This is worse than the Vettelreich

I'm going back to bed

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

MCLAREN ARE SO poo poo

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Alaois posted:

this is targeted harassment of my boy Esteban Ocon

this is anti-french racism going on here

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

increible

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Crazy how Lewis can drive next to Alonso and not be crashed but the second Verstappen gets alongside someone is in the wall. Not sure why that is.

hmm

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

alonso rules

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

banning red bull would instantly make f1 the best it's ever been

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

What’s the record for number of pitstops in an F1 race

I think like 6 or 7 during Canada 2011

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Cimber posted:

When was the last time AM took a podium?

vettel azerbaijan 2021

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

if we DSQ red bull from this season nando would be WDC

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Mike Krack

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

ethanol posted:

whys nico rosberg allowed back in the paddock

careful, asking questions like that might get you banned from discord

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

Once they ditch that ugly rear end pink BWT livery it will look a lot nicer. Any car that wears that poo poo looks like a bottle of pepto bismol.

i still don't know why BWT is going in so hard on sponsoring motorsport. what crossover does water treatment have with racing

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

There is hope for the Papaya Bois! Or something....

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/how-a-15mm-difference-triggered-mclarens-f1-2023-woes/10440908/

Looks like Baku will be welcoming McLaren!

So McLaren have learned nothing from their past and are chasing potential downforce instead of practical downforce again

same as it ever was

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

i won't tolerate this slander against the 2017 azerbaijan grand prix driver of the day, lance stroll

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

mclaren are so poo poo yall

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

idea: that has maldonado crashed today site, but instead it's "are mclaren poo poo" and the answer is always a big yes

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

the fia prez's son died in a car accident

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

tony quidtana posted:

Fuckin' hell..... did he try to turn?

i'm not sure, he wasn't a 14 time middle eastern rally champion so we'll never know

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

no votes for JJoC*?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This is the correct answer, and anyone who says otherwise is suffering from "I listen to a bad podcast that I don't realize is bad"-itis.

Don't feel bad, we all suffer from it in one way or another.

every f1 podcast i've listened to has been self indulgent bullshit that amounts to two random nerds with no credentials in anything talking shite for an hour and never getting to the point*

but apparently i'm learning most podcasts are like this so it must be some modern thing i don't get

*honorable mention bill burr because his takes are hilarious, but his podcast isn't about f1

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

everyone's like "no no no bro you gotta listen to this F1 podcast it's better than all the others" and it's basically listening to two nerds re-enact this thread except they have annoying british accents and say "erm" way too much

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

"so...erm....what did u think of the race yesterday"

"erm....that defijnitely was a race, haha"

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Frond posted:

Special type of unhinged, that place is.

since i'm banned from the SASCAR discord i have to make do with online streams and let me tell you, if you think motorsport.com is bad

i was gonna paste a screen of a choice one abour our lewis a few days ago but it was so torrid i was worried i'd get banned here too. needless to say it was littered with the N-word every other word

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I keep all my undercover cop work in archivos de programa -> nueva carpeta.

Archivos de completo -> Nuevo completo

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

Take Italian media for what you will, but sounds like Freddy is trying to pull a Ross Brawn and fire all of the Italians.

google translate link: https://www-quotidiano-net.translat...&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Original Italian: https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini/v2-e-la-ferrari-di-vigna-e-vasseur-senza-sanchez-5.7924

there has always been a direct inverse correlation between success and the amount of italians in the team

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

has he won 14 middle eastern rally championships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

Branding exercises can get complicated for arcane reasons or for simple ones like people doing business without getting along. Red Bull engines used to say TAG Heuer on them back when they were made by Renault for reasons that I think have to do with Christian Horner being a dick.

TAG Heuer used to be a McLaren sponsor because their owner, that ojjeh bloke, was a big shareholder of McLaren. When Ron Dennis came back in 2015 they fell out, so Christian Horner swooped in and ojjeh was more than happy to switch their branding to Red Bull just to piss Big Ron off