Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I don’t know about the rest of you but the fact that my grandfather was born in Lviv makes this whole invasion difficult to not take personally.

Slava Ukraini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

EorayMel posted:

Rock or something.

I too have used many Flameless Ration Heaters for my MREs

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

In 2005 I was a civilian contractor working for the United States Department of Defense. I can safely state with great confidence that you do not gently caress with the US Military unless you have no desire to continue existing.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Carlos Lantana posted:

He also played a piano with his cock

Is it wrong to think about the fact that Zelenskyys cock would have to be hard enough to be able to hit the piano keys with any kind of passion but not hard enough for a full erection because that would have probably destroyed the piano completely and then consider the fact that a limp cock simply would not have worked at all, or have I already put way too much thought into this?

Or maybe you are all prudes and the intricacies and delicate considerations of a man tickling the ivories with his manhood is just something that’s too much for your puritan sensibilities

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 16, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Prude. This is very important topic and I’m the only one brave enough to talk about it.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Viller posted:

Wheres my (canada) healthcare super military then?

edit: we have to depend on our southern third world country level healthcare cousin to defend us, very useful. But hey, I have free healthcare(that im paying out of the rear end for) that I never used in 38 years.

honestly, even if we could share our healthcare with our American neighbors across the border, there's no loving way our infrastructure could handle 300 million plus new patients. We have a tenth of the population of the United States and already have massive wait times for certain surgeries.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 16, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

Better to have massive wait times than simply being told to pay up or die

That's true. I wish we COULD share our socialized medicine with you guys because learning that medical bankruptcy is actually a thing and happens often was absolutely shocking. That is NOT a thing in Canada. Ever.

e:holy poo poo you guys pay HOW MUCH for insulin? That's...that's not right at all. Nope.

Anyway to get back on topic, my younger brother spent a couple of years in Kyiv and Saint Petersburg, teaching both peoples. He is fluent in both Russian and Ukrainian and has been mistaken for a native born of both countries. When I talk to him I can see that this conflict just breaks his heart because he loves both Russians and Ukrainians. It's very difficult for him to watch his friends kill each other.

Slava Ukraini!

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 16, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Paul_soccer is now a person of interest. Enjoy your free lifetime of government surveillance!

I was the systems administrator for a manufacturer of parts for nuclear weapons. The security at such a facility is extremely tight. Carrying a phone onto the manufacturing floor is immediate cause for termination and criminal prosecution.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Not sure what the last few pages in this thread are.

I’m just here to support my relatives in Western Ukraine.

Slava Ukraini!

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

zone posted:

That's made the stupid gently caress even worse off, because now everyone knows that Patriots can shoot down his unstoppable hypersonic incels.

goddamn

lol

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Guy, guys, guys, this is all George Washington’s fault.

Somehow.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

whiskey tango foxtrot is happening right now?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

It's trivia time! Did you know that many Ukrainians have an oddly bent little finger on their left hand? It's true because I have one. My little finger looks broken, but it's actually because I'm the grandson of Ukrainian immigrants.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

re: F-16's

Anyone mocking the F16 doesn't understand; Vipers are really, really loving loud and they shake the walls and knock things off shelves when they fly overhead. Don't underestimate how intimidating a combat fighter from the 1970's and early 80's can be.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

I was trying to talk to someone about this war yesterday, but I found it hard to be objective because I am literally descended from people that fled Stalins Holodomor. Other ancestors used to live on the Prut River bordering Romania, but the Russians destroyed that too. Sorry, I’m just frustrated because nothing seems to have changed over there. gently caress

At least I can think about my wife’s ancestors, who kicked the British out of Pennsylvania. That puts me in a better mood.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 21, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Soooooo are the Ukrainian soldiers super because they are gay or are they gay because they are super? The article is very ambiguous about this very important detail.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Barudak posted:

Thats my secret Bruce, Im always gay

Dr. Banner! Now might be a good time to get gay.

e:The Kremlin sure does seem to spend a considerable amount of time thinking and writing about man on man physical intimacy. Their obsession with gay sex is really loving odd.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 22, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

tiaz posted:

All fighter jets are 110-140dB from 1000' away or something nuts like that. It just isn't a relevant metric to the performance of the vehicle, and so they're as loud as they are.

Unless you live under the flight path of a military base, then the Vipers are much, much louder. Most expensive alarm clock I ever had; provided by the United States Air Force.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Guys, guys, guys, has anyone told this Putin fellow that he could end the war RIGHT NOW if his military simply left Ukraine? I can’t believe nobody has thought of this. I’ll take my Nobel prize now, thank you very much.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

It’s not fair that Ukraine is hitting back! Not fair at all I tell you!

E: My Ukrainian grandfather helped to end Nazism in the 1940s. I’m proud to say that Ukrainians are continuing that proud tradition.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 31, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

There are Nazi's in Germany?! Shocking. Shocking I tell you. I guess my grandfather missed a few.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Slava Ukraini!

That is all. My family settled in Manitoba Canada after fleeing the Holodomor. My grandfather joined the Canadian Armed Forces and met my Grandmother while training in England for some kind of beach landing in 1944. He helped to free Holland from the Nazi's.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 24, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

As long as we can agree Quake 3 in VR is best Quake

FTFY

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Wait until he finds out about Michael Pence.

Putin needs to be tortured to death. Fully given the treatment of Gitmo for his crimes against his people and the people of Ukraine.

If there was a way for Putin to feel all of the pain and suffering that he has caused, I would be all for that, but such technology does not exist yet.

Yet.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

The United States military can be at combat ready strength in under twenty four hours anywhere on the planet. The Abrams is only a part of that deployment package.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

Spaghetti with Meat still stands as the best menu item in my opinion, though.

FTFY

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Leave Coca Cola out of this, you monsters!

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

When I lived there, I used to go buy cigarettes at a tiny shack across the street from my student hostel. They were 30 rubles a pack (roughly $1 USD at the time) and they were the worst, most loving vile things I'd ever smoked. Russian cigarettes are so loving lovely they made me quit smoking entirely and I've been nicotine free for 13 years and counting. It's notable to me because it was the first time in my life that my life itself was improved because of how lovely something was.

In Russia cigarettes smoke you.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

uhhh, the Russians know they can go home anytime? Right? Like go back over the border and stop murdering Ukrainians? has anyone told them that this is an option?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

cynic posted:

I've worked in cybersec and with Ukrainians in the past and Ukrainian hackers fall into two categories; super boring, humourless and insanely competent, and really nice dudes who are insanely competent. I'm sure there are other varieties out there, but that's my own experience. It was weird as gently caress working with guys in Kyiv while the invasion was ongoing. These hacker dudes with cardboard boxes of Molotov's on the kitchen table behind them. I also worked with Belarusians. They were cool, but in a more sinister gangster kinda way. The Ukrainians were always a touch more dorky and endearing.

That was my experience working with Ukrainian Netcracker employees as well. They really, really know their poo poo.

e: a word of caution. English is my first language but apparently my Ukrainian accent is excellent because the Netcracker people were immediately suspicious. My first attempt to greet them in Ukrainian apparently surprised them because they asked me "where are you from?".

They described my accent as 'too good' for someone not born in Ukraine. I had to quickly explain that my younger brother had lived in Ukraine and had taught me how to speak, so as to address their suspicion.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 13, 2023

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Well, got my DNA test back.

I’m 74 percent Polish and Ukrainian and 3 percent Jewish.

My family settled in Manitoba Canada after fleeing Ukraine. My Polish-Jewish side fled Poland before the Nazis annexed it.

I hate Putin so much right now.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

sexy tiger boobs posted:

You missing a leg or something?

lol, I also have Scottish, Swedish and German DNA but they didn’t seem relevant to the thread at the time.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 11, 2024

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

I have a very ethnic first and last name that people sometimes struggle to pronounce here. If I dropped into Poland, literally everyone would recognize my name immediately and I would fit right in. I am very proud of the aid my Polish relatives are giving to my other relatives in Ukraine.

Putin is a piece of poo poo and I hope he dies, covered in poo poo.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Learning how to swear in different languages is always fun. I believe the word “gently caress” in French is Putain, which is a single letter difference from Russias glorious leader.

Putain Putin

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

thanks to this thread i've been able to do a deep dive on my Eastern European roots.

Turns out that my last name is spelt wrong and my grandfather is no longer here to explain why.

however my first, middle and last name, now that I know how to spell it correctly, are very, very Polish.

I am very proud of the assistance my relatives are providing to Ukraine.

Now I have to learn how to say gently caress Putin in Polish.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

McGavin posted:

I found out that the village my Polish grandmother was born in is now in Ukraine. It also no longer exists.

My mother tells me that I also had Ukrainian relatives living in a village on the Ukrainian/Romanian border, right on the Prut river, but the village was destroyed by the Russians.

gently caress Stalin

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 5, 2024

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

stab posted:

Just saw kurwa for everything and you're golden

This is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_FHYdYNI48

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

stab posted:

Just saw kurwa for everything and you're golden

Putin kurwa mac

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

I met a really nice Ukrainian family at Costco today; they are new to Canada. We talked a bit and I discovered that we might be related, which was exciting. But as I was leaving, the dad told me that in Ukraine "there is no hope'".

gently caress Putin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Zopotantor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2zqTYgcpfg

(And yes, being an EDS customer felt like being a passenger on that plane.)

As a former Electronic Data Systems employee who had to actually help build that goddamn plane, I sympathize.