Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Power Khan posted:

I know it might be hard to believe, but there's something on fire today in russia

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1632475044273086467

Honestly after all of this is over I'm curious finding out how much of these fires are intentional sabotage by Ukraine and it's assets, by internal dissidents, or just flat out industrial accidents.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

Further shaping operations in the Melitopol direction have occured. Two Russian bases have been destroyed according to the Melitopol mayor

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1632527954201698304?s=20

https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-ato/3678597-zsu-znisili-dvi-vijskovi-bazi-zagarbnikiv-u-melitopoli-fedorov.html

This is just adding more weight to my feeling that the Ukrainian spring counteroffensive is aimed at severing the land bridge to Crimea

That's my guess. They do another rope a dope, push Melitopol and then offer terms of surrender to Russia, before they rocket the Kerch bridge to rubble. And then the real humiliations begin, because it'll further strain Russian supply lines keeping Crimea supplied.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Karma Comedian posted:

Let's not talk about k/D's and 360noscopes and whatever else when talking about an actual conflict, there are much more interesting things to talk about tia

https://twitter.com/ZOV_TV/status/1632565396229292033?t=vo11r119cXDRH-Ql54OA8w&s=19

As a proficient shitter, that does look like a really comfortable toilet seat.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Alchenar posted:

Navalny's foreign policy can be summed up as 'Russia's only viable future is to become an integrated part of the European economy, which means we need to make nice with Europe and stop threatening to nuke them at the drop of a hat'. He's also made some statements to the extent of 'if the price of re-entry to Europe is Crimea and domestic reforms, that's a price we need to suck up and pay'.

For a Russian politician that's an astonishingly liberal position to take.

One of the big "what ifs" of world history in my opinion is after the fall of the Berlin wall, if Russia and the west mutually abandoned the belligerant attitudes (Which wouldn't happen immediately, but over time). We could be living in a world where Russia is a significant integrated part of the european economy and the big question on foreign policy is what's the legitimate need for a NATO.

But alas. Putin got high on the idea of being the next Peter the Great. And it's funny because had he died in 2021 he would have been seen nearly universally as the man who brought Russia back. And now this is all he'll be remembered for.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Can we PLEASE make the coprophilia posts probatable?

Why on earth would we do this? It's absolutely hilarious that Vladamir Putin fell down some stairs in his feebleness and shat all over himself.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It's the Pentagon stonewalling this. But other intelligence agencies and state department support it. So it's really up to Joey B where this ends up.

I understand their argument from a political point of view but on the other hand as a US citizen I have zero problems with international courts getting involved with US soldiers who intentionally do something like Bucha.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1634046984741945346
Finally realized that you're nothing but figures of fun to the west, comrades? Everyone mocks your weak, pathetic army because it's just that, weak and pathetic. The same for your delusional claims of conquering both Ukraine and all of Europe if you wanted to. :laugh:

Looks like the copium reserves are exhausted at Solovyov's studio. Putin will need to fill up their stockpile with units out of his personal supply.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I can't believe America keeps forcing the state media to do this...

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Son of Rodney posted:

https://news.yahoo.com/kremlin-claims-no-conditions-peace-103246444.html

Imagine still telling ukraine they should try to negotiate with these dipshits.

B-b-b-but he doesn't MEAN the WORDS that he says!! America!!

No I understand the default idea is a peace agreement is genuinely preferable. The pointless dying stops. But Russian elites literally openly say that the only way to solve this problem is through military means. Outright. So unless you have the opinion that Russia should just get everything it wants, the only rational and ethical thing left to do as a westerner is to support Ukraine financially and militarily.

Yet somehow this opinion makes me a bloodthirsty banderite.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Mar 15, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

That seems like a complete misallocation of human resources. But then again I guess I'm not a leader of a nation so who can say who's really wrong....

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Tell me you're desperate without telling me how you're desperate.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This is absolutely wild and utterly pointless at the same time. I guess in a nominal rational sense it's a good idea to prepare defenses ahead of an attack but if Ukraine is legitimately pushing on Kursk then Russia has explicitly Bigger Problems.

I guess they really expect NATO to invade Russia at this point or something.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm the kid on the right side who realizes whats going on.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

Russia invaded them, moscow/kremlin are fair game and personally i would love to see ukranian soldiers over-running moscow

Ehhhh....why? I'm annoyed more than anyone of whining about bloodlust posting but yeah that's objectively just wishing for needless death and war crimes.

No, I don't think Ukraine will push on Moscow. That's a tremendous waste of lives. Going on an invasive offense risks actual escalation and lowers support when they simply need to reclaim their territory from last year to unambiguously be victorious.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

There is a big difference between harassing and targeted strikes into Moscow (especially with the goal of eliminating military targets and Pooty Tang is absolutely a valid target) and actual boots on the ground. The former is absolutely a defensive act. The latter is not.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

quote:

Russia wont leave ukraine until theyre satisfied and they wont be satisfied until the ukrainians are dead.

One more year of losing at the level they have and Russia won't have a choice but to leave Ukraine alone. They're hemorrhaging men and material so fast they'll have nothing left to fight with.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

So allied troops on ground in germany during ww2 were wrong, gotcha

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Geisladisk posted:

Ukraine advancing on Moscow is so far fetched we might as well be speculating about the Lunar front of the Russo-Ukrainian war.

I also don't think Ukrainian strikes on Moscow are a good idea because they have only a handful (if any) of weapons capable of reaching out that long, and these would probably be better spent on other targets.

Strikes on Moscow would make the Russians absolutely lose their loving minds but I don't think that would have any real life effect. They can't escalate any further without dropping nukes, and they probably aren't dumb enough to do that.

A land invasion of Moscow is absolutely fever dream clancy chat. Precision strikes into it? I'm not so sure because citizens of Moscow are one of the very few groups that Russian leadership even has a slight care for it. Repeated military target strikes in Moscow will make any narrative about victory or things going as planned / it's difficult but we're getting there significantly harder to pull off. Basically it's a psy-op to the people who actually can make a difference in changing the minds of the political elite.

But I think you're right in that it might not make a real difference.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 28, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

How is that remotely a strawman? In both scenarios, one country started a conflict in another country and wouldnt have stopped unless thoroughly trounced.

These are not the same wars, and there are not the same war or political objectives or considerations. Ukraine is fighting a defensive war. This is not a total war. No, once Russia is booted out of Ukraine they simply won't be able to invade again. (This was their last chance to conquer Ukraine because demographics and moving away from oil are going to gently caress them)

Ukraine is explicitly turning into the Israel of Europe after all this (IE: It's economy and objective is being a security state for the region)

Not to mention the allied forces had competing objectives of carving up germany and the west wanted to contain russian expansion as they became their political main competitor at the end of WW2.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 28, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

KazigluBey posted:

The Vietnamese did not have to do a single thing to the main-land US in order to win.

I want to reiterate that yeah, a land invasion of Moscow is absolutely fever-dream Clancychat and honestly I think should be banned outright because it's so far fetched. Russia would be in a state of absolute internal collapse at that point. But I don't think Vietnam is a perfect parallel. Media propaganda and culture of the US vs Russia is way different. Tactical strikes into Moscow disrupts Russian narratives very hard. They can't keep putting out press releases of "unfortunate smoking accidents" forever as an example.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Instead of the pointless clancychat, let's celebrate Finland joining us! With sound.

https://i.imgur.com/uJry7gl.mp4

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm horrified. There is all these escalating rules about showing combat footage that I found to just be ridiculous over-sensitivity aimed at placating even more unhinged folks.

But now I completely understand. Get loving banned TB for promoting this ABSOLUTE FILTH!! That Beaver did nothing wrong. :(

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 29, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Finland is trying to turn God into a woman and wear dresses and have sex with men

We must invade.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm assuming it's more about getting out the collaborators?

Anyway Putin should make this guy the new commander of the armed forces

Imagine being swallowing so much propaganda you believe Russia can possibly open up another front.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Russophobia :qq: :qq: :qq:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Joke Miriam posted:

What’s precipitated the sudden collapse of the Ruble?

Copium stockpiles are significantly depleted outside the Kremlin.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I've never heard of sieging someone's capital city as a feint. I guess the self-congradulatory propaganda message declaring taking over Ukraine they sent out too early in the first days of the war was also just a feint.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

My shitposting and white noise posting is actually just a feint for the absolute stable genius sublime poster I really am. :smugdog:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

"American propaganda brainwashed former soldiers to go to Ukraine."

So, that's funny.

Hey Terminal Autist you gonna actually come defend or explain this post or is this just another poo poo and run?

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 12, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Lets see what else Global Thinker posts. He seems pretty on the ball.

https://twitter.com/talkrealopinion/status/1646152700722135042?s=20

https://twitter.com/talkrealopinion/status/1646148016519217162?s=20
:captainpop: :aloom:

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 12, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mokotow posted:

Why the gently caress does the Massachusetts Air National Guard need to have a full intelligence brief on every aspect of the Russian invasion of Ukraine?

I would appreciate it if our civilian oversight would ask this exactly worded question to the military brass. Because it is a very good loving question.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1646615867285708802?cxt=HHwWhICxsYea-tktAAAA

Honestly I'm shocked at the absolute restraint the jews have with the space laser at this point.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Did she like, not check that he's racist, or not care that he's racist?

"Yes".

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Victis posted:

Intercept of extremely American mercenaries in Ukraine frustrated at the support they are receiving from Ukrainians. Hard to listen to

https://twitter.com/Gulli_ver_sn/status/1648696183307530240?s=20

Curses and drat, foiled again by strong Russia.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

There is a lot in the past I can defend Noam on but honestly I have to wonder what the gently caress is going through his head beyond dementia in regards to the war in Ukraine. He's been consistently wrong and doubles down on some real smooth brained takes that is completely at odds with other things he's said in the past.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's more they want to be juuuuust friendly enough to keep a foot in the door with Russia to step in at the first opportunity to scoop up some territory or infrastructure investments under the paper-thin guise of "helping".

Lets be clear, Russia is officially a resource colony of China after they lose this war.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

More good news for Russia. This is how you know they're winning.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

"We were told these billions and billions were spent on weapons. Where are they?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

zone posted:

Yup. It had to be partially demolished and rebuilt for this and many other reasons, including the appearance of black mold thanks to the water damage.

That's disappointing. When you spend 1.2 stolen billion dollars on a literal palace you expect good first results.