Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

An auspicious start to a new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Maneck posted:

He's right to point out that actually most NBA refs are pretty good. They're way better than they used to be. There used to be a ton of referees who seemed to think the fans were there to watch them, and they're mostly gone. Scott Foster is an aberration. And Fred's going to pay a huge fine for pointing out what seems to be acknowledged by everyone involved in the NBA, save officials and the league itself.

I do agree that there are some refs that are worse than others and officiate overly tight, but I also believe that dealing with reffing is an aspect of the game that teams and individuals just need to basically deal with, at least within the context of an individual game itself. Plan for it, and manage it during the game. From Fred's comments, it sounds like the team is letting the reffing get to them and it's affecting their performance.

Yes, I'm saying that Fred and the Raptors are mentally weak children and can't handle the whistles.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Paracaidas posted:

Again, not a basketball expert but seems notterrible while missing your best player :shrug:

I don't think my take on this is particularly wild or anything, but I think the reason they are doing reasonably well is because Ant is actually their best player??

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
Jeremy Lin still plays Dota, this is why he's a man of the people

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
Kings beat the Suns primarily due to the efforts of Kessler Edwards, just as everyone anticipated

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Shinjobi posted:

McGee was sought after specifically

Kyrie is 100% out after this season and Kidd should be thrown into a vat of poop

I read a blind item a while back that Kyrie is on his best behavior and will be gunning for a max from Dallas, once he gets that it will be back to letting the crazy shine. Full agreement about Kidd though.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
Current Jalen Rose looks like a parody version of Jalen Rose

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
I worked in LA for a year and the Lakers are everywhere and consume all aspects the area. By the end of my stay, I even sort of grudgingly liked them, it was that prevelant. It's no wonder sports media is all over them, they are brainwashed via the immersion.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
Pat Bev willing the Bulls to the post season while the Lakers crash out is a great storyline, this needs to happen

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Dexo posted:

Technically draft related but this is comical enough I'm posting it here

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1637120729677217792

I have a lot of bad 'kids these days' opinions because I'm elderly and cranky, but this idiot should have been kicked off the team at the very least, and now he's going to be a lottery pick. So gross.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Rick posted:

Problem is the Lakers were even farther away from the post season when they had Beverly and he's at least a contributor to why they were in that state, so I'm not sure that storyline has legs.

I'm getting the feeling that you're doubting the storyline, so I'll remind you that the season isn't over yet! Pat Bev 2023 NBA champion can still be willed into existence.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

These jerseys are so bad, I reflexively wince whenever I see one, which fortunately is a rare occurrence

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

It looks like just a chest pass while he scowls?? I mean, I'm aware I would absolutely snap both of my wrists trying to catch this, but based on the description it sounds like he baseball pitched the ball at the ref

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Bismack Billabongo posted:

An amiga two flashes the message “MVP ALSORAN JOEL HANS EMBIID WAS SHUT DOWN BY SIX FOOT SEVEN JOURNEYMAN THIRD STRING CENTER BISMACK BIYOMBO. KEVIN DIRANT..WELCOME TO THE VALLEY

>: “

lol as long as that fraud Jokic doesn't get another MVP!

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The Mavs will miss the playoffs, win the lottery, and draft Wembanyama, imho

cursed

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
16 years!! :unsmith:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

So inspiring... I simply can't believe this team is having problems!!

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
Let's see the Kings in the Finals vs the Knicks. I am asking, believing, and receiving.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

WhyteRyce posted:

I met Morgan after the game and we hugged and made up

She actually recognized me as soon as I went up to her

I am proud of you for mending fences, and I take back my earlier chastisement

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Kind of incredible considering the depth and talent that's out there now.

Not a hot take, but women's college basketball nowadays is a better and more enjoyable experience than watching the men frantically chuck shots every possession.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am genuinely perplexed at what the point is for an in-season tournament, but it seems like it would be a funny thing to make fun of a crappy team for winning and then putting up a banner.

I think the point is to try to make the earlier games count for something, since the season can be such a slog and the regularly scheduled games are going to be part of the tournament.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
I like it, can you imagine winning and being able to shout "In-season tournament champs BITCH" at someone else?? What a flex!!

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

R.D. Mangles posted:

pat beverly is probably already doing this somehow

Pat Bev will be the first In-season tournament MVP. I am asking, believing, and receiving.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Henchman of Santa posted:

Kyle Lowry only reached 20 ppg twice. Same with Mike Conley.

There's no way this is accurate, but I'm too lazy to do research, so I'll accept it

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
Ben Simmons was great...at not getting Bill Simmons to shut the gently caress up about him for a few years!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

kingcobweb posted:

Locker room dynamics of Luka and Rudy would be incredible

They do need defense...