Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

thread needs a little lever you can pull and it turns into a post your pet thread for when the fuzz shows up

The post where Toblerone Triangular coined the phrase 'purestrain gold' is behind a hidden door that only opens with a secret knock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mia Wasikowska posted:

this is my dog. hes sleepy and 19 years old

That's a good dog.

My dude held on until he couldn't in October. He was a good boy, but didn't like getting his picture taken.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Captain Jesus posted:

My other favorite was the insane "Yummy mommy" thread where goons were actually posting pictures of their "hot" moms which culminated with Samurai Asspirate posting pictures of his stepmom who he wanted to gently caress and actually made some pathetic moves on (and who also gets frequently confused with Microwave's mom).

Was it Microwave or that other guy who started that thread. I always remembered it as Microwave, have I been wrong this whole time?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

Sitting here giggling like I’m at the dentist at the intrusive thought “Home of the frog hog”

Great, now I'm thinking "Home of the Frog Hog" too. Thanks.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Col. Tigh leans his ear to the bulkhead, and hears the faint whisper of "Home of the Frog Hog".

"It's in the ship..." He growls. "It's inside the frakking ship!"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

Main things I remember about Microwave

Pretty mom
Did not like Keith Olbermann (back when everyone liked him for looking at the camera and PWNING Bush)

Didn't Microwave also sometimes do threads where he'd draw quick doodles of goons' absurd suggestions? Like "A mountain that just smelled someone fart" type suggestions.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Why does the cat have a calculator? Are cats good at math, because I still need to do my taxes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

What physics problem is this for?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Wait, they ate dry dog food? I can almost - almost - understand eating wet dog food, but DRY KIBBLE?!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

how is that worse than wet

Famethrowa posted:

yeah what kibble is basically just meat cereal. wet food is unbelievably gross.

Maybe I'm just remember the times I had to fish out a piece of water-logged kibble from my dog's water bowl or the times he'd down his full meal then immediately barf. Usually right under where I was sitting. Dog-warmed mushy kibble is not a scent that easily leaves one's memory.

Wet food always struck me as, at worst, meat paste - very definitely loving horrid to eat, but I guess if you were in a pinch, you have to make do.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

wet food is essentially wet "dog warmed mushy kibble", blended and sat in a tin for months..

your dog will loving love it though

Yeah, he fuckin' loved everything he was given, and most of the things he would sniff out on walks - especially rabbit and deer poo poo.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Frank Frank posted:

It’s loving wild that the first reply is from ANOTHER dogmurder guy I wasn’t even a aware of. How many dogmurder people do we have?

Perma'd in the same thread as the Dog Bricker perma, too, WTF

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I was behind on the series and had stopped reading the novels like halfway through the first one so when it changed, I remember thinking that it must be just a fake spoiler troll.

Then I got to the episode and LOL

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

:wtc:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

Tyranny is a very good game with an awesome setting and concept

I played it a while ago and only remember the dude who was basically sealed in his gross, rusty armor.

I should probably play it again.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Xaris posted:

the story of the GBS goon who would literally vomit if he saw a green vegetable and could only eat chicken nuggets and pizza everyday whips rear end

On the one hand "I'm a SUPERTASTER" is funny as gently caress. On the other, goddamn, that dude sounds miserable - to be and to be around.

And Jesus that penultimate post :stare:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

lil poopendorfer posted:

-got “2016 sucked” tattooed on his chest and it was his only tattoo I believe

I wonder if he got ones for further years - like how do you get one for 2016, but not 2020?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

I had someone return a dollar fifty hot dog combo meal after demolishing the hot dog and drinking the soda. respect.

Give that person the medal of honor because that's some drat courage.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

i had primal rage for the sega genesis and loved playing as the hosed up lizard with the long neck. it was blue. fun game. my brother was really bad at it though so he would never play it with me because i always kicked his rear end at it lol.

Primal Rage and XMEN Vs. Street Fighter are the fondest memories of elementary school skate parties.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I only read the first two I think? Up until the one that ends with the male protag getting ganged up on by his nerd friends and forcibly undergoes 17th century surgery for his kidney stone. That's when I went "Ok, that's enough Stephenson for me, thanks!"

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fritz the Horse posted:

love to read about our hero Jack Shaftoe and his syphilitic dick rotting off or w/e

"Half-cocked" Jack is a pretty funny name though, tbf

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

some plague rats posted:

I heard that rust marstalis creep had decided it was the proper venue to litigate something I said and, god love me, I just cannot help myself

The rate at which you can go from a post to a red av buy so angry it's not even proofread is pretty astounding.

Are you getting at least a branded mug for your efforts at raising SA's revenue?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

roleplaying as victorian children while a furry breaks into their house on christmas eve

I must have missed this phase and I can't say I'm disappointed.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I mean, those Star Wars cross section books were definitely some of my favorites as a kid, so I get the appeal.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to making money because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on another user. I read your posts in the GBS thread and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to buy that avatar in response to those posts?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you buy this avatar for yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about avatar traceability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone buys an avatar for themselves, and that's what you did here. You log in to the forums to do so and they are associated with your account.

link here:https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4027239&pagenumber=20&perpage=40#post530681135

I guess I can see why you said this:

I wish I could say this is the first time you've done this, but it's not. You seem to have used the avatar system to direct death threats at yourself and tell yourself to kill yourself repeatedly and even said that you, yourself should "join the 41%". Why? Why the gently caress would you do that? Mirror universe Koala's March where she sockpuppets negative attention at herself instead isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where you start blaming other people for them and manipulatively pretending you don't know what they're referring to.

So yeah, I am averse to making money if it's from someone buying hateful avatars for themselves and trying to pin it on other people.

fake edit: lmfao I swear on my forums life I'm not responsible for that KM avatar - it wasn't there when I started typing this post. Someone else must have puzzled it out.

I'm gonna have to revoke my suggestion that she get a branded mug for her fundraising efforts. This is the kinda poo poo that deserves hand prints and an autograph in concrete in for people to take their picture next to when visiting the Something Awful Offices.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm really glad this happened so early today because I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get any work done today and LOL this fuckin' seals the deal.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

the true crime here is giving some of the worst posters on the site a chance to gloat

If spr is put in the Leper's Colony for this, let this be the reason given.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

nah, what she did, while we can laugh and laugh and laaaaaugh at it, was hosed up manipulative poo poo that also is harmful for the reasons Endorph stated previously. That Jeffrey didn't pair that Final Atomic Buster without even at minimum a ban, merely a de-ranking and a get-well-soon, is pretty surprising.

It's (apparently, allegedly) being discussed:

vyelkin posted:

It's very possible. Forgive us if we take a moment to figure out the next step, this is such a bizarre situation that there isn't an established precedent or anything.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

Oh drat didn't know Jeff made a post about you too, link that poo poo

Dig Scroll up, stupid.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I carry no forums grudges. Because 95% of the time I have no posting object permanence.

5% of the time something lodges in my idiot brain that makes me LOL.

This is gonna take up a LOT of that 5% now.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Marcade posted:

Yeah, Lowtax even ghosted himself.

:lmao:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

henkman posted:

I'm pretty sure most of those 6ers are over by now

Jeffrey must now add extra hours in each day to allow those posters the 6 hours of posting that was taken from them.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Admins must be really head stratching over what to do with this incredibly easy to handle situation

Admins are so used to Jeffrey blowing something up and leaving massive amounts of damage, that when he sets off a bomb like this they have no idea what to do.

Like a war movie where a dude takes off at a sprint through the open and all the enemy soldiers just stare and go "What the... Steve, you seein' this? You're seeing this, right? What the gently caress...."

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

haha what posted:

hmm 700 unread posts

It's all Yakuza chat, unfortunately, you haven't missed anything. There have been no developments on any aspect of the forums. All is well.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mr Teatime posted:

This you??

This is incredibly dumb.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That DICK! posted:

im also glad because that extra love was definitely intentional and makes it funnier

It was perfectly engineered to look like a red av bought in anger because it actually WAS bought in anger.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

womb with a view posted:

The PYF chat thread liked the unimpressed shrimp

It's a VERY good av candidate

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Leal posted:

Well that is an interesting permaban in the leper's colony

Meltdown May keeps kicking off earlier every year

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

TBH I'm okay with Jeff just being this kind of slumbering elder god who wakes from his nap every few months to obliterate some poor fool and then goes back to bed

May he sleep for a thousand years.

But if he wakes sooner, let it be just as hilarious as this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lmao OP, well done. For the record, she also bought the "ASK ME ABOUT DENYING GENOCIDES" title. That one seems much more in line with her trolling style, at least as I understood it before yesterday, but it's funny that it's what made you suspicious.

LMAO