Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Mr Hootington posted:

We need to stop abusing chemicals natural or unnatural

simmer down malcom x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

netizen posted:

I got myself a 10 gallon with some guppies. It was nice for a while but the light timer malfunctioned and left the light on 13 hours a day and now I've got a green water outbreak and a bunch of my pretty plants withered. I've kept fish before and it can be a nice hobby, but it often devolves into a chore once something malfunctions or you get lazy.

yeah I’ve gotten that feeling for sure. was thinking about a 20 gallon with neon tetras and some live plants.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

dew worm posted:

yeah I’ve gotten that feeling for sure. was thinking about a 20 gallon with neon tetras and some live plants.

Go for it, neon tetras are beautiful and they're easy to care for. :coolfish:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Fish deserve to be free not trapped

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

dew worm posted:

get as many amano shrimp your tank can take and your algae problems will go away after a few cleanings. also you need a timer for light.

before I moved my tank was perfect. I never bothered to clean it after awhile because the water was fine and algae was taken care of. I would pretreat water about once a month to refill the tank. I donated all my shrimp , eels , and fish to a local store.

I’m going to start up a new tank pretty soon. I’m no expert any any means but I found a good formula for myself and I’ll stick to it .

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

a chemical will never again enter this bloodstream. nothing but h2o for me thanks.

bad news op

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

blatman posted:

this is cool and all but my dads a retired physics teacher so his cows are perfectly spherical and graze in a frictionless vaccuum

that would be an economist

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

a chemical will never again enter this bloodstream. nothing but h2o for me thanks.

I think you'll find a healthy dose of petroleum product helps fortify your many tumors

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

sonatinas posted:

get as many amano shrimp your tank can take and your algae problems will go away after a few cleanings. also you need a timer for light.

before I moved my tank was perfect. I never bothered to clean it after awhile because the water was fine and algae was taken care of. I would pretreat water about once a month to refill the tank. I donated all my shrimp , eels , and fish to a local store.

I’m going to start up a new tank pretty soon. I’m no expert any any means but I found a good formula for myself and I’ll stick to it .

Shrimp seem pretty cool but they will breed, right?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dew worm posted:

this shrimp did :)

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

dew worm posted:

mine didn’t but maybe I got lucky. however I bought a that specific kind of shrimp which are hard to breed.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Complaining is a hobby and it owns.

My entire posting ouvre ITT is mostly this.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Seems like scamming old people is the best and most lucrative hobby.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the entire basis of the service economy is finding someone richer than you and convincing them to give you money

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Uh oh.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/byHeatherLong/status/1773374061931835793

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

im going to retire and spend all day sitting in a chair looking at my steam library but never playing any of the games

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

small fishtanks are for experts, beginners should get large fishtanks, it's much easier to keep a larger volume of water clean and the right ph and your fish will really appreciate that

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i am harry posted:

im going to retire and spend all day sitting in a chair looking at my steam library but never playing any of the games

same but record collection

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

yea it'll be done around the time biden finishes his second term

So about 8 years from now?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

Here are some hobbies that everyone should consider:

- gardening
- learning a new language
- weightlifting
- going on walks in nature

you can lift weights while watching tv even

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Crazypoops posted:

There is something incredibly bleak about retiring at age 70, sitting down in front of the TV and turning to dust
it is but very common tho

Crazypoops posted:

Luckily millennials will die of colon cancer way before that happens to them
this is pretty much where I stand. if somehow my area hasn't burned down/dried up/planet isn't on fire, then probably the ol' mutated cells will take over and wear my body like a puppet. if somehow that hasn't happened.. well.. i'm probably not retiring just so i can be the 80 year old grouchy terror of the workplace

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

fortunately I'll never know the pitfalls of retirement bc I'll be working till I die.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Sam Basedman Chud

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

i am harry posted:

I've already taken the advice to start hobbies before retirement it seems

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

LOL if you aren't killing yourself slowly with processed food and microplastics.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

About to consume some costco pizza and spiking my blood sugar to the moon. SINK FAST LET GO SINK FAST LET GO SINK FAST LET GO

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

genericnick posted:

you can lift weights while watching tv even

I lift weights and make posts between sets

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/28/wealth-of-the-1percent-hits-a-record-44-trillion.html

The wealth of the 1% just hit a record $44 trillion

KEY POINTS
The wealth of the top 1% hit a record $44.6 trillion at the end of the fourth quarter.
All of the gains came from stock holdings thanks to an end-of-year rally.
Economists say the rising stock market is giving an added boost to consumer spending through what is known as the “wealth effect.”

:allears:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

skooma512 posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/28/wealth-of-the-1percent-hits-a-record-44-trillion.html

KEY POINTS
The wealth of the top 1% hit a record $44.6 trillion at the end of the fourth quarter.
Economists say the rising stock market is giving an added boost to consumer spending through what is known as the “wealth effect.”

Did we finally find trickle down via vibes?

Morbus
May 18, 2004

loquacius posted:

Kind of annoyed that they picked a picture of him where he basically just looks like a Jewish caricature from Nazi propaganda

every other picture of him is worse in this regard, im afraid

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

skooma512 posted:

KEY POINTS

I wish I could be taken seriously based on saying stuff like "People are wanting more dollars in 2024 due to the Dollar Phenomenon"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think maybe it’s companies rising prices that is increasing spending

I’m not an economist

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

spend your life savings betting on michael avenatti to win the presidential race and then the mfer choked :negative:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

bij posted:

All the 60+ people in my family spend their copious amounts of free time complaining about anything and everything. They get together to complain about stuff and take long road trips to facilitate getting together to complain about stuff.

meanwhile, people on C-SPAM have never been more upbeat about the world!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

skooma512 posted:

I've already taken the advice to start hobbies before retirement it seems

warhammer will keep me alive in my twilight years

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
https://smartasset.com/data-studies/salary-needed-live-comfortably-2024

quote:

While cost of living premiums and inflation metrics capture the price increases in goods and services, they do not necessarily account for all the additional costs needed to live comfortably – such as a buffer from the stress of living paycheck to paycheck.

The 50/30/20 budget recommends that for sustainable comfort, 50% of your salary should be allocated to your needs, such as housing, groceries and transportation; 30% toward wants like entertainment and hobbies; and 20% toward paying off debt, saving or investing. Applying the local cost of necessities and taxes to this rule, we can derive the pre-tax salary needed to live comfortably in 99 U.S. cities.

Key Findings
On average, an individual needs $96,500 for sustainable comfort in a major U.S. city. This includes being able to pay off debt and invest for the future. It’s even more expensive for families, who need to make an average combined income of about $235,000 to support two adults and two children without the pressure of living paycheck to paycheck.
A family must make over $300k to raise two kids comfortably in six cities. Two working adults need to make a particularly high combined income in San Francisco ($339,123); San Jose ($334,547); Boston ($319,738); Arlington, VA ($318,573); New York City ($318,406); and Oakland, CA ($316,243) to raise two children with enough money for needs, wants and savings.
It takes the most money to live comfortably as a single person in New York City. This breaks down to $66.62 in hourly wages, or an annual salary of $138,570. To cover necessities as a single person in New York City, you’ll need an estimated $70,000 in wages.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Crazypoops posted:

Luckily millennials will die of colon cancer way before that happens to them

I do wonder if the rise in popularity of rear end play has anything to do with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmao