Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What's the dumbest yolo move here, buying calls on FRC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

What's the dumbest yolo move here, buying calls on FRC?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The human is perhaps the dumbest animal.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My worst performers today are airlines.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What's the exchange rate for my gay dollars to woke dollars?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

What constitutes "core services"? Is that poo poo that includes what people get paid? If so, seems like it'd make sense that it is a delayed wave within the data as it responds to price increases in faster responding areas (price of goods can increase quicker and with less friction than what people earn).

E: seeing above rent is in it. Anything else?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Missed an easy 20% payout on a straight trade of SCHW from yesterday to today.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Yes I'm a structural engineer. My qualifications? Watching 9/11 happen.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Objective Action posted:

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1636392377727303680

Lmfao. Bailouts for donors we like but everyone else can eat poo poo.

:thunk:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Check out these great prices!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNQZbneSCFg

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'd like to pay my rent with apes

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
lol shelf price for a 12 pack of Pepsi is $9

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Xaris posted:

this has happened, conspiratorially-strange, a lot at various grocery stores (particularly Safeway) the recent couple of years. but when pointed out there's a sign that sales their on sale still or w/e, they just shrug and go sorry computer can't honor it. i get the impression its half just can't keep up with changing deals/prices and half intentional to wring extra money out of people who don't notice it's wrong/expired/whatever.

there was one in particularly that said expired like 4/21 and it was still 4/21 but it expired at 4/21 12:00am and it's now like 8:00am so sorry can't honor it

Isn't this illegal in most states and stores are required to honor the shelf price?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Zurtilik posted:

State Farm is the latest insurance company to just give up doing property in California.

Just the largest carrier no longer writing the largest state. NBD, California has got this.

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/28/1178648989/state-farm-home-insurance-california-wildfires-inflation

CA I could see running a state option. FL may be forced to.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Don't worry everyone, those sweet FEMA bucks will always drop from the sky.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Pepe show me where School hurt you

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i think that public education can and should be better because we've spent half a century defunding it and intentionally making it as bad as possible

And that's the periodic table's fault.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

is this the part where i have to say "my mom and sister are teachers" so that my opinion is okay to have or is it only CHUDs that can say our school systems are hosed

Yes.

i'm not the one talking about the periodic table

My mistake. (Public education byproduct.)

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I posted about the periodic table and challenge you to explain a time where you actually used the periodic table in a practical situation

I work in the physical sciences so... Yes it has been a part of the general knowledge that helps my career. You also can't learn chemistry very well without understanding the periodic table. Maybe this isn't a practical situation, but gainful employment seems like a positive outcome.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

RealityWarCriminal posted:

learning is done on a need to know basis and some people do not need to know

Kind of true - you don't need to know everything but how do you learn what you need to know?

Making school optional beyond 8th grade will be great for the child labor movement.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it took you dozens of hours to learn how to read a chart with like 5 points of information per element on it?

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

I posted about the periodic table and challenge you to explain a time where you actually used the periodic table in a practical situation

Edit: make sure to remember that you spent dozens, if not hundreds of hours learning this from 7th to 12th grade

We've identified the problem.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I read a few bicycling subreddits and same poo poo there, 1/4th useful posts 3/4s "here's a picture of me with my bicycle in front of a tree"

I read this and thought "this sounds like PFC in the trump thread", then I looked at who posted this.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1688790464609112064

broke: girlboss

woke: girlemployee 🥰🥰🥰

I just started an academic job and the pace/schedule of it is jarringly awesome compared to what has been engrained into my gray matter for decades.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SourKraut posted:

Wait, you left Phoenix? Wtf

Got out while I could. Now I'm in MN.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
lol

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna98762

Subway says nearly 10,000 people have offered to legally change their names to 'Subway' to get free sandwiches for life

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

Europeans Fear Inflation Is Here to Stay, ING Says

Europeans expect inflation to continue to hit their wallets in the years ahead, according to a survey by Dutch bank ING. A majority of respondents are spending more of their income on food, transportation and energy bills than they were five years ago, and most expect this to remain the case in five years' time, according to the survey of consumers across countries both inside and outside of the eurozone, including Spain, Romania, Poland and Turkey. This is in spite of recently easing inflation in the eurozone-- with economists forecasting even sharper falls ahead--and is affecting consumers' ability to save, ING says. "These perceptions are concerning as far as they relate to future spending," the bank's economists say

The populace is already primed for soaring profits!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I just accepted an offer on my house for slightly over list price (which my wife thought was too high to begin with). Concurrently, I am buying a house for 10% under list price. The system works.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Chad Sexington posted:

how those rates do though

Using proceeds from first house to pay off next house - no mortgage now.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Wrong account PFC

That's uncalled for.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I will own two houses for hopefully less than a month. That's not a PFC move.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Seemed pretty clear - I am moving primary homes (which is all we own). Selling current home, moving into a new home. Hence I'll "temporarily" have two homes as the transactions slowly complete. jfc

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

RadiRoot posted:

the people have spoken, sorry sirpablo but your head has to go.

Can't you take my dick, I barely use it

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
America was better when it was 5 for $5.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
If pods are too small and mcmansions too big, what's the goon acceptable size of a dwelling?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What about Baby Hitler?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"A healthy (low!) 204k"

Yeah, no biggie: just over 200,000 people unemployed. Mere petty cash to economists.

What should the number be? Zero is unrealistic.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Why is that unrealistic?

Even if you matched everyone with a job, there'd be month to month churn since it isn't an instant action to change jobs.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

92823 posted:

c-span goin crazy right now. both houses are in session and neither are talking about the united states' impending bankruptcy in less than 48 hours. anyone got a countdown website???

https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Are we experiencing Good Vibflations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

err posted:

Don't people live in the moment anymore?

Based on what I've read in this thread, reality is bullshit.