Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
won’t lie gpt4 is truly next level and a ridiculous game changer even compared to gpt3

is it true that you can give it a sketch of a UI and it can create the code to generate it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jumping on can’t read

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
your artificial intelligence is a piece of a poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

or, in general, the quality of work will drop just a bit more as gpt output becomes "good enough", because no one is going to pay to do something well when it can be done poorly for free and there's functionally no difference between the two in terms of monetary returns

netflix has that thing where there is like 144 different kinds of people right?

if a news company can identify the same thing amongst its users then it’s trivial to ask a computer to generate 144 different feeds that each user will
find as compelling as possible

my partner works higher up in a news org and these are the things they’re discussing. since no one is prepared to pay for news anymore, it has to be paid for by ads, and even that model isn’t sufficient alone do engagement has to be the primary focus of the org, even though everyone working there is well aware of the social dangers of creating platforms designed to highjack the reward system.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
turn on your monitor

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I read of someone using gpt to make meal plans and you can even ask it to only include seasonal foods etc.

interesting and maybe good use of ai

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
just asked it for a recipe for egg free pancakes and guess what it did

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

hmm. gonna go with it suggested you buy an egg at a retailer that is also offering free pancakes with egg purchase

oh lol no it just gave me an egg free recipe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't like this

tough titties mate

(is that a saying in the US?)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

it is

but also this thing is basically replacing parts of pictures with parts of other pictures. for example look at the truck

it turns into a completely different truck. that dog's head is replaced with a different dog's head

it only works if you don't know what the original was like, and even then you can tell it's a different subject

tough titties

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ahaha

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
isn’t that how most of it is made? like the text to image stuff makes a lower res image of what you dream of and then upscale it to make it classy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

and your ok with piss????

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Soulhunter posted:

going for Monty Python vibes here

Magazine Collage Models

Rock Candy Rings

Eiffel Tower

Midjourney fails to understand what "Standing on the edge of a cliff" means, positioning and perspective is all over the place except in basically the last image here.

Political Caricatures in the style of Mad Magazine

I only listen to the mountain goats

gyotaku meets sharpie art, zelda

Sunflowers with a Ukraine color motif

angels dragging people away to hell

Mountains that look like a pair of... big, juicy melons, get your big juicy melons!

Billionaire space rockets that look like someone's... Privates, we have reports of an unidentified flying object, it has a long smooth shaft, complete with...

lithographs

pokeymans

thousand island stare dressing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the future is going to be worthless

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ve said this before and i’ll say it again

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

the time to learn it.

there is nothing to learn

other than to forget the old worse ways

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Soulhunter posted:

Turns out you can revive old jobs and play with the zoom level by using the /show [job id] command to make the zoom out buttons appear.

This is so cool! I can't wait for more inpainting/outpainting type features to roll out for Midjourney.

Mola Yam posted:

MJ 5.2 seems to be much better at creating fake tech products. Earlier versions had weird perspective issues, hosed up instrumentation placement etc.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
couple years ago I wanted to have the patience to learn how to make 3d models like that

a bit pointless now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the quality
is good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like the aesthetic a lot

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
curious does it draw me as a cactus

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
was just looking at some photos just as part of some ad on instagram and I am sure they’re real but for a moment thought they were AI but that’s interesting in a sense that now high quality photography looks like AI and vice versa

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sCWf2VGdfc

ahahah this is making me laugh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that in vr could get disturbing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the way so many people have a new york accent and going “that’s not of your business” lol. it’s like they’re primed to know they’re in a city and generally talking to strangers is awkward

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hydroceramics posted:

1970s prog rock sci fi paperback cover:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this is fuckin high quality

hydroceramics posted:

Tried the hand thing on MJ. "A normal human hand with 4 fingers and 1 thumb";

Hey, not bad MJ, you've made a lot of prog....

Huh. Okay. Let's try "a normal orc ish hand with 4 fingers":

:discourse:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
heh maybe but i’m just so fuckin impressed with the detail. the artistic direction of AI is one thing, but the actual reproduced detail in the images is of a very high quality. that’s what makes me go
holy poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:chloe:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
braddock pibama??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lately I’ve been seeing more and more AI stuff on insta and it’s annoying but the worst one was I saw some of someone I follow and initially looked like she’d done a photoshoot in the style of yearbook photo but by the third photo it was like woah she’s gone to some lengths with the costume changes.. hang on.. check the hashtags and sure enough AI

she’d done it of herself and it was so convincing

well I went back and looked and only the first one was good and then it was the same expression so it became obvious quickly but .. it’s only gonna get better