Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

we should probe and ban those people instead of giving them a subforum, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

disagree with this. thread should stay open imo. if it's silent it's silent, if there's feedback there's feedback. People can just not chat in it. I know that might be difficult for some given how people keep accidentally ending up in scholastic book fair but I have faith

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

being made ik is a good punishment actually

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

gbs needs more mods

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Dick Fontaine posted:

The Harvey thread is getting weird. Should we goldmine or gas it before it gets too weird? :dong::dbuddy:

Seems like there’s a conversation to be had around everyone’s responses to Harvey—but, that’s probably best for a new thread that’s steered toward fostering that kind of thing. Maybe it would also be a good idea to go ahead and have an IK or two in place for said thread?

fostering what kind of thing, people falling for dumb gimmicks and chewing people out who didn't take the bait?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Peggy Edson posted:

"Harvey" is also free to post new threads, in conclusion 🖕

is he gently caress

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Fajita Queen posted:

Being a good ally by insisting that gay people treat aids the same way that Reaganites did in the 80s ftmfw

Fajita Queen posted:

Saying something is aids in the same way as saying something is cancer is not disparaging gay people, it's saying aids sucks rear end because it's a horrible disease that kills you, much like the posts that people are calling aids. In like a decade people will be doing the same thing with covid. Hope this helps.

Fajita Queen posted:

Also the people having mini meltdowns about it are some of the biggest dipshits on this website and making them get mad over nothing is extremely funny, so I applaud the brave forums soldiers who have given their lives for the cause.

This series of comments should be highlighted more because it is the most relevant argument here. If you're attempting to defend my honor as a gay man by fighting back against the bad word "AIDS", spare me. If you really want to fight for the cause do something more useful with your time, there are many organizations and charities that would appreciate the help. What's that? You're suddenly not interested in fighting homophobia? gently caress off then.

Using it as an excuse to fight forums enemies because they made you look bad is reprehensible.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Cousin Todd posted:

Some of the arguments in defense of using gay/aids as an insult here read an awful lot like this tweet to me.

This is a phenomenally stupid post and you should feel bad for posting it. Seriously, the amount of lack of self-awareness at seeing posts with actual arguments from gay people is ‘well clearly they’re just making it up, if they’re gay they would have been on my side’ and effectively comparing that with fascist chud behavior is monumentally loving dumb.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Endorph posted:

genuinely that cousin todd post is one of the most virulently homophobic things ive seen on these forums so its cool its going to go completely unpunished

meanwhile Smugworth continues to be the living proof that giving someone buttons as a joke only works if the person doing it knows what a joke is

Autisanal Cheese fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 10, 2023

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

emSparkly posted:

Calling stuff gay and AIDS is first grader poo poo anyway, and if anyone really does use that stuff hatefully, I'll just point and laugh at them. Someone comparing me to Dean Browning is way more offensive to me than anyone calling me fake and gay as an insult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

I appreciate it, as weird as a post as I made.

DW89, you are free to post here, my friend. This is a safe place. I am sorry if any posts I made about your autism were perceived in jest.

What a disingenuous statement and a mealy-mouthed apology that is.