Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
a lot of people using "not my cup of tea" to mean "a creepy sex thing i'll defend" itt

this keeps happening because you don't ban the freaks who get upset when the newest freak thread is discovered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

No, it means “I looked at the op, decided the thread wasn’t for me and left, never to think about it again and am therefore unaware of anything that happened after that point instead of slamming report over and over and spending my day raging about it”.

*UV making Geiger noises for some reason*

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour,

Applewhite posted:

Check for

LIZARD TITS

You check your LIZARD TITS. Yup... they're still there.

Also you seem to have gotten out of bed. drat.

and another unto dishonour?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

did the giant dragon titties and cock make you horny?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
anyone in here tried shadows of doubt? it's in early access but i really enjoy sleuthing around in a procedural city

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Karma Comedian posted:

I would like to talk more about this in the chat thread because it sounds really neat

my latest assignment was to track down the killer of my next door neighbour (it was very obviously their roommate). i got everything right but the murder weapon, because i didn't clock that they bought the silenced found on them after the murder

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The overall problem here is you SAD folks don’t want fair moderation; you want moderation on your side

this type of perspective on the discussion forum is really unhelpful imo. there's no crew, it's the intended forum for discussion. im sorry that you don't think those threads were that bad, but it doesn't mean everyone disagreeing w you is a bad faith group thinker

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

harveys zoo zoos posted:

so i see that a mod stepped in here to stop the fighting but that never happened in my thread. it got closed before i had a chance to even look at it. both isaboo and i messaged the mod who closed it but they were not helpful in telling me anything.

very authentic voice here!

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
this went so predictably it feels like someone will yell cut that's a wrap and we all walk off set

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

isaboo posted:

I had an actual big reveal planned but it obviously went south before I reached that point.

*doubt*

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
there's an entire ignore function

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Yeah that works good and well until the SAD dipshits start telling us we have special posting pets and then we're all like "yeah. I guess we didnt need to keep that guy who was super vocal about his snake tits fetish around"

"we"? you are not a mod or admin. genuine advice: when people complain about a forum you post in you can literally not read it / not take it personally

as far as bad words, consider reading in good faith? mb the person has some right to use it, and you should reflect on your own language.

syntaxfunction posted:

I've seen cishet people use the f-slur in more acceptable ways, because I've never seen that dumb as gently caress phrase used without malice. It's gross.

ohhh ok how? how has a cishet person used fag in an acceptable way? you're literally doing the mulaney thing where you can't type fag but you can type aids how is aids worse lmao

Douche Wolf 89 fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 9, 2023

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Facebook Aunt posted:

Cool, sounds like you may have high emotional intelligence. Do you think the average goon has above average emotional intelligence and will also easily grasp this?

if you're genuinely asking, i have autism and yes it is. it especially helps if you have had experiences where you overstepped or heard first hand how your preconception might not fit real social situations

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

CaptainSarcastic posted:

become posting about posters, and we don't need either of those things.

ok but you keep gliding past this post while probing ppl

Cousin Todd posted:

Some of the arguments in defense of using gay/aids as an insult here read an awful lot like this tweet to me.

which is actual homophobic posting about posters

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Saying stuff louder and angrier doesn't make it any more true. People taking a hyperbolic read on that post is not helping anyone, and I would suggest you stop.

i would suggest pivoting from tone policing and gaslighting over what that post states and how it was taken. there's no explaining letting it fly but proving replies to it that is charitable

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Considering the genesis of the whole thing was people making a frenzied argument that using "gay" and "AIDS" is something that must absolutely be defended changes the equation somewhat. Pivoting to a strident condemnation of that post appears disingenuous considering the starting point. While the post in question is not one I would say is good, I read it more as a response to weird bad faith arguments being made. This whole thing began because some people are very upset that low-effort trolling might potentially be curtailed in GBS. Potentially. In GBS.

So no, I didn't hit that post, because people are getting mad about deeply stupid things to begin with.

if a member of an affected community says something is genuinely offensive, your job isn't to smear them as untrustworthy

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

CaptainSarcastic posted:

For what it's worth, I haven't closed the report on that post so it will get more eyes on it. I just find that in the context of people arguing that calling people/posts/threads "gay" and "AIDS" is NOT homophobic I have a hard time seeing that post as needing to immediately get hit. Another mod might disagree, and that's fine, but I happen to have been the only one around most of the day.

you are right, we need to look at each offending post out of context of who uses it and instead whether they pass your online sincerity test

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Dixville posted:

When you think about it, it makes sense these dead gay forums would have a problem with the use of aids as a pejorative. After all what's more aids than a bunch of dead gays? :xd: epic jokes for the mf win :imunfunny:

my feedback is the good GBS mods should keep hitting weird stuff like this w probes and the ones who don't keep bein' phobes

also this forum could be better if solefald picks iks from now on

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol yes, GBS should be just like PYF :rolleyes:

E: like seriously if you hate this forum so much you don’t need to post here, why do you people do this to yourselves

EE: last time you were in here arguing about something you even mentioned something about seeing other perspectives, yet you continually refuse to see anyone’s but your own

what was "last time"? didn't the mod say to drop this stuff?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

a bunch of hand wringing about how the dudes 18 year old son was innocent

allllll-righty then

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
oh smugworth the ik even y'all have to admit is terrible at this has gone from sectarian probes to editing posts? better excuse it 6 ways from sunday lmao

this was a big, recent issue, conveniently he has no clue tho, maybe that means he shouldn't have been made ik?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Tarquinn posted:

No, it just means that not everybody is an avid SAD reader and knows about every single outrage that is brought up there.

it's literally not hard though? the threads get closed, resolved and sorted. checking the general discussion forum every once in a while might help iks/mods/users not repeat goofy decisions imo

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

satanic splash-back posted:

of sound mind and reason.

yes this is very different from the r slur, thanks for using it casually outside a fyadlite

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Bad Purchase posted:

the litmus test to determine if a word is a slur or not is whether it was used as a variable name in any radium code

a fool's errand, you'll run out of words to test before it runs out of load bearing slurs

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

enjoying all the quality posts in GBS and this thread in particular , we're doing great

have you tried making one?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
surely these petards will protect me from being hoi-

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

pretty funny coming from you, a first

NOO

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Bad Purchase posted:

threadbans are a good tool to solve a specific type of problem, and the people who say they aren't are most likely that specific type of problem

could you say what that specific problem is? otherwise this seems like bad faith over-generalising of every poster who thinks they are bad

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Toxic Mental posted:

Yes we need the the load bearing trolls that keep the thread's roof from collapsing and trapping all the people inside the Amazon Prime echo chamber

good contribution not proving points at all

threadbans are bad because if the person isn't regular banned you can 1. investigate why only 1 thread has issue with them 2. just hit ignore 3. scroll by and not reply

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

FirstnameLastname posted:

i like to decide what I'm gonna say and what words i will use to say it, don't agree with the arguments used against saying them, found many to be more offensive than the words used, and think the overreaction to it has been a display of some of the most performative cap-A Ally old-person "in this house we..." poo poo I've ever seen & think the people being prodded at for it deserve to be because in my eyes that garbage is pathetic, more or less

it is also that making someone who says vile, bigoted things mad by using the no-no words invented to harm me is never not funny. that's not everyone in the argument of course, but a good reminder to consider if idk telling a queer person they can't say gay isn't the move?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Toxic Mental posted:

How in the holy gently caress are we supposed to know that you specifically Douche Wolf 89 are queer and not just some edgelord

How is anyone else supposed to know that I am black

that sounds like more of a you problem than a me one? i do it by considering that some posts can be in good faith.

for example archranger's is a good example of why I generally don't use these words as a joke in mixed company, or on the forums usually. i don't find posting aids to be especially funny or enlightening, AND i find the switch people did from "special ban someone for trolling" to "it's because of their homophobia" disingenuous especially w the genuine homophobia that went unpunished or parroted

Edit: also lol this was my reply after suggesting using the ignore function. is it my job to post what slurs i can use every time i post, or is it yours to assume good faith / click the ? button for context before replying?

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

as far as bad words, consider reading in good faith? mb the person has some right to use it, and you should reflect on your own language.

*was put on probation for something else in that which is way funnier*

Douche Wolf 89 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 16, 2023

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

loving shame on you. According to his posting history, he's also autistic.

:spergin:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Tarquinn posted:

This probe has been retracted, as it is actually a factual statement about and by DW89.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

I appreciate it, as weird as a post as I made.

DW89, you are free to post here, my friend. This is a safe place. I am sorry if any posts I made about your autism were perceived in jest.

lmao running interference, disingenuous use of safe space, "you perceived it wrong"

thanks Allies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Tarquinn posted:

They have shown more remorse for their mistake than all of the gay/aids posters combined. Does this count for anything, or is it the principle of things that is the most important?

they were insincere and you accepted their apology for me by unprobing them. you should probably stop defending your bad call at this point and reverse it?

edit: also this has nothing to do with the goons saying aids, it's about me being the target of a weird ableist dig and you recognising it was weird, probing them, then deciding it was actually super chill and I should "take a breather" if I'm upset with it. you are turning discrete events into forum war bullshit and once again in like 5 pages it led to mask off phobia.

Douche Wolf 89 fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 16, 2023