Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Main Paineframe posted:

And as far as I know, "tenderqueer" is mostly used to describe people in queer communities who use social justice language to disguise their own toxic or manipulative behavior. For example, someone who openly talks about their sexual encounters or what makes them horny in great detail, without regard for the social circumstances, and then responds to any pushback by accusing the other person of not being sex-positive.

I hate that I have encountered this repeatedly

Or people who dress up obvious vengeance against anyone who jilted them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Kith posted:

my commentary about them loving up is not about immediate consequences for the GOP, it's about how they made a massive unforced error and gave their opponents an enormous PR win for zero gain.

That's what loving gets me about it, they did the bad thing for obviously bad reasons and there's not a single part of how it played out that didn't undercut their own position and make their attempted victims out to be heroes, inspiringly thwarting the 80s movie villains

Usually there's some ground trading even in profoundly one sided outcomes, but here it's like spaceman sideshow bob visits Rake Planet

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

FizFashizzle posted:

Also we’ve still not heard from Mitch McConnell a month after he was hospitalized for a “concussion” which requires two weeks in inpatient rehab. Love to be ruled by a decaying gerontocracy.

Staluigi posted:

Gonna reiterate that McConnell is almost definitely hosed up rull bad right now. 81, hefty anticoagulants, busted some ribs and concussed himself. None of this is a good combo and usually it's when you start talking with a loved one about assisted living

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Everyone waiting patently for the reveal of which dril tweet best explains tucker carlson's firing

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I'd like to live in a world where Bernie still has the juice but this was absolutely certain

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'Leftist street fighters' at Jan 6 would just be a target the fascists and cops can team up against. Why intervene when you enemies are infighting?

As sun tzu probably said on his youtube channel in 215 BCE, "Never interrupt your enemy when they are batbraining it so hard you can measure it in Taped Felonies Per Hour"

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Comstar posted:

If you have money in that bank, get out. Get Out Now.

... why

Do you have some clear, shareable indication that, among other things, the fdic is inexplicably not going to apply and a panic bank run is mysteriously required here?

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

People are asking a lot of questions about my warning shot policy already answered by my warning shots

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

VorpalBunny posted:

Anyone know TX politics, does this guy have a shot against Ted Cruz?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/01/allred-texas-senate-cruz-00094674

No. Source: I know nothing about Texas politics

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Failed Imagineer posted:

:nws:https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1653534787741646849?t=ksCYsrx4T-AXq-djnH4kZg&s=19 :nws:

Spoilering that tweet for images of a man being killed on the NY subway. what was really startling to me was the amount of replies insisting that they know their jujitsu and that was clearly a non-lethal choke. Despite ...the dude dying.

I don't know if this says anything new about USA or Twitter, but both the act and the response are certainly something to behold.

And yes, you can obviously guess the race of both participants without having to click

Too many people think chokeholds and other pressure on the neck type poo poo is something you can just apply then turn off once you get your video game KO

It doesn't occur to people that hey you might be mangling this person's trachea or larynx in a way that they won't be able to recover from after blacking out

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

The nazi lives next door in a house and breathes oxygen just like you or me! His belief that babies should be put in meatgrinders causes some consternation, but you wouldn't know it just from watching him eat a sugary concoction of which he is quite relatably fond!

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

A fifty percent recovery from pancreatic cancer, where it's just full-out recovery recovery, not just kicking the metastasis/fatal growth can down the road five years or so, would be one of the absolutely most dramatic prognosis turnarounds in the history of cancer being an absolute dickbag.

Because pancreatic cancer is King Nightmare of cancers in so many ways

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

This is all important because a lot of pancreatic cancer being "successfully treated" basically means "we retarded the carcinomic spread enough that they didn't kill the patient for a few years" as I understand it

Relapse free recovery isn't pushing back the clock like that, it's removing it. Without surgery, that you can't really do on the pancreas anyway because it's a frail softie held together with prayers

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I barely resist most bodyshaming of trump but I absolutely can't let go of his eternal desperate clinging to look like a villain finance dude from an 80s movie and how he will never ever ever ever stop chasing that dragon even as his mind slips and it gets harder to put spraytan on that pig

Like the application of his routine will get shudder and more inconsistent and I hope we get to some kind of Giuliani's melting hair moment

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Professor Beetus posted:

Look at those photos of DeSantis coming out. There's really nothing to say about his physical appearance, the picture says it all.

AI art prompt for DeSantis finger pudding eating competition

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Main Paineframe posted:

Why? Is it bad to be orange? Is him being orange the reason you hate him?

"people hate him for being orange" is one thing and "i have no reason not to mock that part where the guy dyes his face orange for the dumbest reasons" is another

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Weak rear end mumbling rear end presidential campaign announcement full of boomer tries to use skype energy start to finish, I absolutely love it

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Yeah cause for all of how hosed it was, 4 seasons was still an EVENT. Rudy got to talk, there was iconic picture taking, it was memorable, unlike this event in which the second most viable conservative politician after trump went all in on the most broke medium possible, Elon all mumbling through it like Strong Bad's imitation of a college radio host

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

<Blink><marque>RON DESANTIS!!!! OFFICIAL WEBSITE<B>join my WEB RING for fans of my presidential ANNOUNCEMENT<BR><BR></BODY<

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

The Massachusetts "let's have it both ways with a "reasonable" republican exec" was super loving real and I'm glad it finally died

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

god bless i am going to have to dust off the loving photoshop for this poo poo. i can't even with Four DeSantis Total Landscaping right now

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Acebuckeye13 posted:

My experience with the New York City subway is such:

In ~18 months of using the DC metro, there was no poop.

The second time I used the New York City subway, there was poop.

One time I was waiting for the mbta red line and two police officers were very gently but insistently requesting a woman either accept medical intervention or just leave the station because she had done a rather much of the poo all over herself and were insisting that, while they were very sorry, they had to insist she couldn't stay on the public subway platform while being a biohazard

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Tayter Swift posted:

Like how bad a person do you gotta be to be impeached in Texas as a Republican.

They don't care about mycrimes.txt but once you hand them the mycrimes.xml invoice and say "pay this for me thx"

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

What happened in here lol

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Any significant recession kills people, the next American recession would do a better than average job of killing people because of the broad percentages of American life that got deathmarched to the very edge, the broader percentage of the world population who's gonna catch the rear end end of market collapse, and let's not forget the US medical care system is mostly hanging by a thread, so there's six digits more casualties from Healthcare underservice

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So a substantial wrinkle to this argument is that, if I'm looking at the bill correctly, the exemptions added to the SNAP work requirements aren't just for those who are being impacted by the raising of the age limit from 50 to 55 - they impact everyone who is homeless, a veteran, or a former foster kid under 25. So depending on how the numbers shake out, this bill may actually let more people onto food stamps than it's kicking off.

e: I don't think Kevin McCarthy is very good at negotiating

I mean we already knew that but like

To see the best he can do here, forcing a capitulation by holding a knife to the neck of the actual Line that has to Go Up, and this is all he gets so far?

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Liquid Communism posted:

I personally hope to see Mitch McConnel catch a prion disease.

Wouldn't matter unless he caught it five years ago otherwise he probably too old to incubate it enough

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Real blast from the past vibes going on here. Insane Tara Reade arguments, posts from uninterrupted like from back before he copped a double ban from here and cspam, now all we need is some reregs dropping in

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

McCarthy is doing an excellent job of reminding Boehner what a great idea it was to gently caress off from the house forever and become a paid stan for decriminalized pot. And that's actually a legitimately serious political assessment, it's not sarcastic

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Lol "d&d superstar status" now achievable

Professor Beetus posted:

I wish he would get green-pilled and start lobbying for expunging records of people convicted for weed possession/dealing etc, but lmao

Yeah expecting too much from the guy who eventually voted for trump to get the trump judges, he is all about it for the Right People

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

... every now and then I am completely amazed by this person's life trajectory and place in American drama, entirely outside of the stuff I won't touch, even. I'm still reading up on the uhuru and russian sex cult events I could a watched from my back yard

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Danny mother fuckin Masterson wheew

Hope this poo poo represents even more of an annihilation of scientology's intended intrusions into pop culture and Hollywood

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Archonex posted:

Also it does not surprise me but Boebert tried twice to submit a provision to make it so that people on medicaid had to work to get access to healthcare.

Somebody wanna take tarantula eggs for brains here to your average medicaid nursing home where they got one CNA running around between 16 fall risk dementia elderly per floor and tell her oHKAY line all the residents up, which ones have to be dishwashers to live and which get bussed to a call center

This is one of those things where when you sit down and really think about it, it makes you feel like anyone trying to do something like this is actually kind of just straight up evil? Like you genuinely get to call it a satisfied philosophical matter

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

It's almost as if the newer generations aren't getting those wealth milestones that transform your brain to a FYGM mentality, hmm

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Randalor posted:

How much evil did he perpetuate and encourage in life through his programs?

I don't think there was a single thing that sack of poo poo did his entire adult life which wasn't enthusiastically self-serving evil

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Bad legislation rushed through is also occasionally going to give us things like "state gop accidentally legalized shrooms, covers under medicaid" so I'm torn

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

zoux posted:

Here's an interesting factoid: the average US president is indicted on 1.5 counts of state or federal felony offense after leaving office.

Felonies Georg

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- He said it was "absolutely right" to categorize the storage of documents as "not secure."

- Said that the indictment is really strong and admits that the allegations "if true" are pretty serious.

"Yeah it's true, it's absolutely true that happened. Anyway, big if true???"

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Jaxyon posted:

As was explicitly stated in the previous transgender sports thread, and PMs with Koos, open transphobia is OK in D&D because we don't moderate positions, even though open bigotry is against the overall SA forum rules.

This is the only comment I will make, so as to avoid probation.

I'm too stupid to avoid probation so I will mention that "we don't moderate positions" is a lie and I knew that poster was doomed 100% for their position

So why we keeping the lie on official record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Professor Beetus posted:

People say that Dominoes is better now but I have tried it twice since then and I think it's still garbage. Luckily I live in place with lots of local options because I think the major chains have only gotten worse over the years.

Dominos had a CEO or some poo poo who came in and was like hey I know VC is usually used to dissolve and eat brands for money but what if we made this not suck? Really wanted to throw down on quality standards and reputation

In a lot of parts of the US the idea worked and its by far your best budget chain option