Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The map being reused is the big reason why this game can be so good - all the fiddly interstitial stuff is done already for most of the worldscape, and they can focus on the new content for the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Cross-posting here too, as it's kinda neat; Here's what's in the Collector's Edition.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ironically, my collector's edition JUST arrived at the same time.

Steelbook and Pins

Artbook.

This is a proper thick hardcover job.

And the "Poster" is something a little unexpected. I was expecting something A3-sized, folded up and tossed in. Instead...

It's a painted metal plate with a set of magnets to mount to your wall. It's interesting at least, and a step up in quality from your regular poster.

SirPablo posted:

Shrines look like goatse

Oh good, I'm not the only one who noticed. :stare:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I wasn't expecting the Stables to just have your horses from BotW still :magical:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

YggiDee posted:

I don't know if I was in a chasm, I just found a cave, but there were, uh, hands. Too many hands.

Was there a shrine there? I think I found the same one and couldn't be out of there fast enough.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Traysi, you are gonna be everyone's new best friend. :stwoon:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh my god. One of the Shrines near the Rito village ends with literally the laser security sequence from the original Resident Evil movie. Dodge, dodge, gently caress-you laser wall.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I've found control things but they're either already lying around (not had one dispensed) and they don't seem to offer full control, only a tiny bit of L/R.

My only gripe with the construction system is the control module is only steering and everything fires up the moment to take control. It would've been nice to at least have an on/off toggle while in the control seat.

If not an action button for the cannons/hydrant/flamethrowers

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nihonniboku posted:

I just got there. I thought everything leading up to it would be the wind temple and that I would be meeting a boss on the giant ship at the middle of the storm. An actual temple, I'll be.

They knew exactly how to slow-walk you in and deliver with an unceremonious "WIND TEMPLE" :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Found something that honestly disappointed me a little with the crafting; Carts will not lock onto minecart tracks.

Also if you haven't been to Lookout Landing in a while, go talk to Josha and follow up with her qiests to go Chasm-diving. It's very much worth it. I wasn't expecting Auto-Build to actually fill out missing pieces, or let you build from scratch, with just ore! :magical:

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

shut the gently caress up you can do that

thought it only worked on like, pre-determined stuff like a monster throwing something at you or rocks falling...

you can move and recall your own paths...???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

From a programming standpoint it's not even hard to do; All it's probably doing (napkin coding, etc) is retaining a list of prior x/y/z coordinates and rotation (maybe velocity too) for the past 30-odd seconds of activity. And it's incredibly in your favour, because it pauses when the object's stationary rather than letting it eat the past recorded interval. It's a simple bit of functionality that'll be running under the hood standardized across every object in the game.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 14, 2023

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wildtortilla posted:

I don’t understand what’s happening in this pic. Can someone explain the matrix for me?

As in the movie; The Matrix.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Atoramos posted:

Yea, but they added a good chunk of parts Gmod didn't have and a ton of stuff to use our wacky inventions on.

We're missing the ability to lock items in place while working on them, item spawners, and wiremod. That's about it.

It's Gmod 2.

Keep playing, go talk to Josha at Lookout Landing if you haven't in a while.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Steve Yun posted:

Hey I’m in the depths

It says I can throw brightbloom

But when I follow the instructions (dpad up, then right bumper) it doesn’t get the brightbloom ready to throw. Has anyone else run into this bug?

Just drop it and smack it, or fuse to an arrow.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I just appreciate that he doesn't build the sign properly once it's balanced, he just reinforces the side he was holding.

Also Addison why are you stacking two signs on one pole sometimes? Hudson won't be happy if he finds you're fudging your sign quotas!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Necrothatcher posted:

So I suffered through the Rito quest freezing my rear end off and constantly dying of the cold, only to finally beat the boss and discover... there's cold armor gear on sale in the Rito Village.

Nooooo

:lol:

The game even tells you to stock up on cold weather gear at the Rito village at several points in the village, and ambient locations on the way to the village.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spanish Manlove posted:

Did they have kids?

Zelda exists, so very demonstrably yes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's something primal and cruel and hilarious about speeding a Korok on their way by just welding a rocket to them, giving it a smack, and pointing them in (roughly) the right direction.

I should try adding a Time Bomb for fireworks and send one straight up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If Nintendo add more zonai objects as DLC, I hope one is a Korok. Just say it's a toy or a robot replica in the flavour text, but let you spawn a helpless talking Korok rocking on their bag to abuse on your creations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You can skip the second puzzle of Forward Force by placing the car about halfway up the ramp and just climbing up the ladder to Ultrahand it from there.

And yeah the third one is slapping planks on the sides of the wheels to make a paddleboat. It's one of those things that feels like surely they hadn't accounted for, yet it just works.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PageMaster posted:

Are there any QoL things worth beelining for? I remember basically having to get the super jump ability as soon as possible to make traveling a lot more convenient.

Go do Rito Village first, then go swing by Lookout Landing til Josha sends you on a spelunking mission or two.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

For Forward Force I simply lifted the ball up to the receptacle at the start. I saw there was a bunch of puzzle poo poo in the distance but it seemed complicated so I didn't bother.

gently caress.

:stonklol:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

You can put a stake in the ground to direct the penetrative force of your Goddick.

Doesn't help, it just wobbles over and doesn't direct force properly past about 4 springs.

I know cause I tried thanks to a shitload of springs and a stake being provided where one of the Flux Constructs was.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kin posted:

I'm still on the path to try and get the shrine detector before just going nuts in the world.

I'm just a bit puzzled by how much of the main quest I have to do to get to that point.

I got the main quest to visit other villages and I've been down that first chasm that unlocks the camera.

Now I'm being told that I need to do more main quest stuff before the old dude moves over to research mountain (where he'll unlock the detector presumably).

Do I need to go to one of the villages first, or all of the other villages, and solve whatever problems they each have?

I think it's just timed or some kind of soft check on quests/shrines/stuff being completed, as I got it by running around exploring after helping just the Rito Village and checking in at Lookout Landing a few times.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a7m2 posted:

Happened to me too. It's definitely programmed to have a small chance of happening

Happened to me last night actually. I think it's programmed to spawn just above you at %Chance while skydiving, and just falls from there as-normal.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://twitter.com/Ethanial_/status/1658582484383039488
Not mine but I've done the same thing before :alllears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
For a more "conventional" method, there are parts you can mount them to to make a ground launch easier.

The Cart, and the Sled.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Requiescat in pace!

https://twitter.com/liccnuke/status/1658954425405419520

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'd like to give a hearty gently caress-you to whoever put that single Bokoblin down the well in Lurelin Village.

gently caress you for making me search for that last bastard, I made him die slow by knocking him into the water.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I've gotten a fair bit of Luminous Ore and the flavour text says it's for armor, where should I head to put it to use?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caidin posted:

It's probably been a few good since the last game because Zelda has had time to become a highly regarded leader figure in the country, as well as somehow verify her title to the general population.

Really she should be Queen Zelda all things considered, but gotta keep that marketable name.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
"I need to reach my friend!"

I'm sending you to the only friend you need little Korok; GOD! :science:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Found Bravery Isle

Aaaand talked to the steward after blowing all my Zonai Charges on the object dispenser :cripes:. On a side-note they'll give you a mulligan and let you jump for free the first time...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

I usually been finding conveniently buried claymores and rocks nearby to keep my expedition going.

Yeah, there are ample weapons and stray rocks to make hammers with.

What you want is the two-hander blades, so you can hold attack and spin-to-win your way through as a whirling dervish of demolition.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Maybe it's me but I get the feeling sails were the intended motive means early in development. Like put a sail on, power it with wind, or use a fan to drive your creation.

Then they shortcut it to just "Wait, why not use the fans for thrust instead?" At some point. You see sails a bunch around as the intended solution on the starting islands, and as a tooltip, but nowhere in Hyrule.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Wow the bow and shield tutorial shrines ar really badly placed. I don't know how you'd seriously expect them to be close to anyone's first shrines found.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Epic High Five posted:

A roomba with a construct head with 5 beam emitters is shockingly lethal for how silly it looks, and only at the cost of a bit more than two of the fan segways.

Does every part of an autobuild just cost 3 zoanite except the batteries?

A roomba or two with a hydrant on top will absolutely bully the Water Temple boss. Just chases it down with zero fucks to give spraying water.

And the game will not clear them if you set them up before triggering the fight.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
For the Deku Tree Hands, and Hands in general;

Aside from what everyone else has suggested, just use Spears on them. The long reach keeps the Gloom at the base of them away just out of reach of you as you jab the poo poo outta them. Also make some Sundelion-enhanced food to treat the Gloom'ed hearts.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CaptainJuan posted:

Do I HAVE to get past the lost woods via the depths? can't figure out if there's a trick through navigating the fog

Yes.

Jump down the chasm SE of the entrance to the Lost Woods, it's a straight shot from there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Augus posted:

ascend is absolutely not easy to implement lmao,

Napkin coding, etc, but Ascend shouldn't be too complex to execute beyond two colliders and a raycast or two. First collider and raycast finds the ceiling above you. If the whole sphere/cylinder hits clean (not bumping into a wall, hanging off an edge, etc) raycast up again to find the outer surface of the object. If THAT is also clear, you're good to Ascend.

Where it gets fucky is objects vertically stacked/attached together, but I suspect the trick here is to identify they're all part of the same object and iterate up through to the top object. Has anyone tried Ascending through loosely-stacked objects?

(I fully assume there's a whole lot more to it under the hood aside from this, of course)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fangz posted:

I think the real issue is the logistics of "oh, every location is potentially a loading zone now"

What do you think the "underground swimming" is obscuring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Who is the loving monster that thought up flying Gibdos? :stare:

Should be thankful they don't scream anymore, I guess.