Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MokBa posted:

Forgot to credit Asterite34 with the thread title. “Can you fuse the dog” and “FUUUUUUSE me, Princess” were very close runnerups as well.

Hey glad to know I almost made it :unsmith:

I am so loving stoked for this game. I'm not disappointed at all that it has the same map with add-ons- I wanted a sequel to BOTW and this is it. It's also really am blown away at just how smooth the transition from dropping from a sky island to the ground is- the Switch is drat long in the tooth and was never a real powerhouse to begin with, so seeing there be no stuttering or obvious loading was beautiful.

I'm really curious on what kind of superweapons will be taking the place of such things as ancient arrows- since as far as I can tell Shieka tech is nowhere to be seen and we will be dealing with the even older(?) Zonai technologies and abilities, will there be some kind of weird material that you can fuse to an arrow to make it into a one-shot killer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

My take is that the ascend ability won’t make dungeons obsolete, but it potentially can make a new way of exploration possible to find secret passages or ways around a seemingly impossible way to get to a cave offshoot. Think of what CAN be done, not what can’t, that is what made BOTW great.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

There's the dragon head flame thrower you get to stick onto a shield

https://twitter.com/ZeldaUniverse/status/1641081982724472835?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This may be a controversial opinion, but I stand by this hot take:

I'm really looking forward to playing Tears of the Kingdom.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Khanstant posted:

If you're looking forward to this game so much why don't you marry it

well maybe I will :colbert:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

Can't believe they reused the map. Standard game development is to scrap all code and tear down your office and start fresh. No reusing code, hire new employees, nothing from the last game carries over

The next Zelda game will be completely different. This is the continuation of BOTW so it’s fine.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

tag yourself. I'm warlord garfield.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/aquatic_ambi/status/1642359402966679552?s=46&t=Mu6ngisnZlTkezPxh7sqCQ

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

quiggy posted:

the smoke coming out of the stables in the totk gameplay is actually the new feature where you can turn your horse into glue

FINALLY!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

quiggy posted:

Yeah but pigs taste good

I'm gonna let you know that horse isn't bad.

Donkey on the other hand is loving delicious.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/aquatic_ambi/status/1644174283416178690?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LividLiquid posted:

Are tweets not embedding anymore or something? I even turned off Ublock and it still doesn't work.

Firefox has a bug that doesn’t show embedded tweets. I think somebody posted a fix a while back

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The other trick against Lynel attacks is getting good enough at shield parrying.

I’m not that good at it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

I learned today you can stasis guardians. Learned this because I use stasis to pick out harvestables and a stalker came into view. Here I thought I got gud doing a master playthrough. Very easy to deleg stalkers.

However, it's way less badass than my other method of open-field stalker kills: dodge lasers until I can use fire to fly up (no beasts yet) then crash down onto a leg. Once one legs gone it's over.

Lynels though ugh. It's just a slog.

For a fun surprise, go the the Hyrule Castle grounds (outside of the giant doors) and stasis a Guardian and watch what happens!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Since the release of botw I've aged 6 years

:eyepop:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:toot:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

kidcoelacanth posted:

i used the interactive map to finally pin down all the korok seeds and have that accomplishment under my belt before totk.... but i messed up somewhere and i'm missing exactly 1 korok with no idea where it is

guess i'll die

Oh christ that would drive me insane

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

kidcoelacanth posted:

found a mysterious leaf stamp in the gerudo highlands. lo and behold,

:toot:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I pet my cats a lot in the past six years. They are still sweeties.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

quiggy posted:

I;m thinking about thos tears

:hmmyes:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm fukkin' vibrating

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I’m assuming quasi time travel is happening for parts of it. Zelda looks like she’s in the past and Link in the present but there has been a fusion of some of the timeline

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

But could you suplex the demon train is the real question?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

External Organs posted:

Jeez I am not up at all on my deep Zelda lore. Any good videos y'all recommend?

NO DON’T

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ToTK merch starting to be announced in Japan, including this 8" desk light

https://twitter.com/hobbywatch_jp/status/1646886063242375168?s=20

And Splatoon 3 has announced a Zelda map/campaign I guess (I don't play so not sure what to call it)

https://twitter.com/ZeldaOfficialJP/status/1646877532510380032?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Heavy Metal posted:

On seeds, I myself feel comfortable when I have about ten weapons on me, and I want 14 slots so I can have a hammer and leaf and torch or whatever. I want as many weapons as Doomguy etc.

I’ll be honest: my first game play through I was one of the lucky ones that hit that one week window where there was a glitch that could get you hundreds of korok seeds/poops in a matter of an hour or so and I maxed out my slots. The glitch was patched by Nintendo toute suite and I still have that save where my Link is a loving murder god. But I’ve also started the game around 5 or 6 other times in a separate slot just to play again. I always feel mostly satisfied with 4 shield slots and around 6 sword slots then the rest in now slots. Sometimes I don’t even get up to that many on my restart games so the challenge is fun.

Also donning the shieka gear and being a silent sniper with arrows is one of my favorite ways to play

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:perfect:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The only time I've ever clicked with motion controls was with the Wii's Metroid game- being able to move with the thumbstick and then point to aim and shoot with the wiimote was perfect for me. Other ones I simply cannot 'get'.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The only thing I will probably miss is my dyed black Hylian outfit as my go-to clothing

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/melay_kh/status/1649440136541925378?s=46&t=Mu6ngisnZlTkezPxh7sqCQ

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

drat I'm stoked

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Just the fact that you can now simply lob chuchu jellies and effect flowers instead of needing to 'activate' them by throwing them and then hitting them with an arrow is a huge improvement in my eyes. Also the inclusion of so many new effects plants like that confusion one is great news.

And lol at being able to fuse a bomb barrel to your shield and when struck it damages enemies but you are safe behind the shield.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

External Organs posted:

It's really impressive that they were able to edit Groose out of every single frame of video

One of the most powerful new powers in ToTK is the ability to summon Groose from the sky.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

MokBa posted:

Wait a second has nobody made the joke “Tiers of the Kingdom” yet

No but I saw a very NWS piece of art called Tears of the FemDom that was well done

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

thanks weirdo for letting us know about that

You are welcome :)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

goethe.cx posted:

did you jack off to it

Nah.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I plan on being outside of Best Buy 15 minutes before they open, and that’s not even because I need to buy a copy - I have it pre-ordered, I just want to pick it up as soon as possible!!!

Same.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Im excited to try things out and die in incredibly stupid manners

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

13 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just realized I hope Terrytown is in ToTK, I want to see how all my -Son friends are doing