Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
New sagas thread, same as the old sagas thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Peachfart posted:

Now all we are missing is a hilarious meltdown to christen the new thread.

Sorry meltdown March is over, gotta wait till may now

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

TheMightyBoops posted:

In Japan it’s called SaGa’s but in the states it’s Something Awful: Legend.

Lol that kinda owns

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Loved those loving games

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Did sonic die in the comics?

I feel like i remember one plotline where you think sonic died but it's not real. But i didn't read much of it after that (cause it was starting to suck)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Chewbecca posted:

In the op, "Hawaii retreat goes wrong" links to the thread about the piss being poured onto the Chicago tourist boat

I went looking cos I am interested to know 9f any hawaiian goon communers are still posting on these fine forums, and would care to share their memories of this time with us

I sent a pm to someone i think went to it and still posts here, i know at least one exists then. I figured I'd let him choose if he wanted to talk about it with goons so i won't say his user name here

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

pentyne posted:

yeah, some very normal stuff

the thread makes it 18 pages before they start ranting about the fyad invasion derailing their thread about a moron running around rural Hawaii with guns everywhere.
They named her Lady lol wtf

So when was this going on? Mid 2000s? I can't remember. I know it was a pretty long time ago.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She posted about :nws::nms: DO NOT READ THIS WHILE EATING making chili with her placenta :nws::nms: and the gloating over some dead teens was still somehow worse.

Lol lots of people eat that thinking it has health benefits for some reason. Or it's like good luck or something. I don't think it's that gross but i deal with blood and guts all the time so :shrug:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Not to defend her, but some people that have to work with very difficult stressful jobs that involve death and pain/ suffering will use humor as an outlet for that stress. I know it doesn't seem funny at all, it's actually extremely awful but I'm just saying this is not uncommon to see with people in the medical field especially, gallows humor type stuff that's hard to get when you aren't in on the joke because you don't deal with death in your work. Like I wouldn't have laughed at that at all and I'm not saying it's good that she posted it. I'm just trying to wrap my head around it and make it make sense. Maybe that's my mistake.

I liked some of the stuff elise posted but it was a pretty long time ago and I don't really remember what she was like other than that. I feel like if you say something like that you don't belong here. But I bet if she posted that on some medic subreddit or Facebook group or whatever she'd get laughs from people. It's a kinda hosed up coping mechanism and something that's not often discussed outside of certain circles.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

IGgy IGsen posted:

I love being normal.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer. Think about it

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Frank Frank posted:

I tried replaying fire red and one of the other old gameboy titles on an emulator during the pandemic and man, they are a lot easier than I remember. I get that they’re made for little kids but by the time you hit victory road, you’ll be one-shotting p much anything you run up against.

Try radical red. It's a rom hack of fire red that's got really good AI so it's actually challenging. I only have beat easy mode and it was super difficult even then. But you have access to basically every pokemon and lots of newer, good moves.

All you have to do is just find the rom and then you use a patching program to put the hack on it. I do it on my phone with unipatcher and emulate with myboy. Having pokemon on your phone is so cool it's like the old days of taking your Gameboy with you everywhere.

Edit - there's also tons of other rom hacks out there that aren't as hard as radical red but more challenging/ interesting than the originals. It's kind of a rabbit hole I go down from time to time. Of course there are plenty of lovely hacks too. I've played a ton of them and my favorites are probably pokemon prism, radical red, crystal clear (this one is open world and you can start at any town, really cool concept), and sacred gold/storm silver.

Edit2 forgot about pokemon unbound, it's a hack but they made a whole new game and it's actually good, I haven't beaten it though so I don't know how good the actual story is

Dixville fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 16, 2023

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

iwentdoodie posted:

So what's the weird sex part of the romhack, let's not drag this out

Thank god most of the rom hacks aren't as depraved as that one where you enslave women or whatever it was.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

tidal wave emulator posted:

did the thread where that guy's account glitched out and posted several pages of BUSH'S BRAIN get goldmined cos I've been thinking about that post on and off for nearly 20 years now

I vaguely remember this, wasn't it in LF?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Psycho Landlord posted:

why is this so funny

BUSH'S BRAIN!!!!!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I figured out the trick to giving meds to dogs that a lot of people don't think of.

Take the cheese or whatever and split it into 3 small pieces (just enough to cover the pill on one of them) and then you give them the first piece without the pill, then the pill and then hold out the third piece. A lot of the time they will swallow the pill down quick to get the next piece, you do have to find something they really like though. I used pieces of lunch meat (just small pieces) worked like a charm. That dog was also really food motivated though so I can't guarantee it would work for everyone. But it made giving meds way easier for me.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I feel like red texts always say more about the giver than the reciever

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
SNORLAX used SNORE. It's super effective!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Snore is a normal style attack, which cannot be super effective against anything. Topic locked.
Trap: sprung :smug:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Just got triggered by this YouTube thumbnail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvhuJsS4EhE

first gen didn't have shinies and that is CLEARLY a first gen Mew sprite. Shameful

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Saw the bloop alt got outed, thought hey that account was posting for a while I'm surprised, then I saw the posts that outed them and :lol: too horny to keep his mouth shut, god drat.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

drat can't even get mad,

I checked with the actual retarded people I advocate for...

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Remember when people would say MY GIRLFRIEND all jealously if anyone posted about being in a relationship?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm permabanned poster HomieStomper58...

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

euroshopper posted:

My life is like a video game, trying hard to beat the stage
All while I am still collecting coins
Trying hard to save the girl, obstacles, I'm jumping hurdles
I'm growing up to be a big boy
I battle with the evil ways, I travel far and try and save
Sorry, but your princess isn't here
I take a rest, I push the pause, level up and move along