Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.
Reporting in. Which Goon Patreon are we taking down for this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Took me a bit to realize the thread wasn't set to display only his posts.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

how loving insensitive and stupid can you be, good grief lmao

that’s like, bafflingly stupid

Allegedly, the writer of that particular plot point had a gay friend who was tortured and killed in Chechnya, and included it to raise awareness. There was supposed to be a sidebar explaining that it was a real thing, and the writer's personal connection, etc, but it was dropped in editing.

This is all from a r/hobbydrama post that sources a 4 year old reddit comment, so take that with a handful of salt, as it may be completely fabricated.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

If you're going to hold a candle to mallow, don't forget the chocolate and Graham crackers.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Futaba absolutely reads as autistic to me and the English VA has said she views her as and played her as autistic, I think it's an entirely reasonable enterpretation, although this being Persona I assume she will eventually grow out of being autistic and become a salarywoman/doting wife

I have not finished P5R (I'm in Royal's bonus content) and Futaba absolutely reads as being on the spectrum.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

sourdough posted:

I still remember when the OJ verdict got announced lol

I was in 1st or 2nd grade and none of us knew who he was or what he did but some teacher had a radio on to listen and we all went to recess or lunch excitedly cheering that he was innocent

I was mad that my parents took over the TV to watch the OJ trial (BORING) when I wanted to watch some Nickelodeon. This lasted the entire length of the trial.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

In college I had a mill deck revolving around cards with a mill effect that activated when playing an Ally, and the judges let me proc each ally's mill effect every time a new one would hit the field (which I'm still very sure should not have been allowed?? Because with that I was able to mill my opponent out in 5 turns as the mill procs kept increasing) in conjunction with my beloved collection of Jace Belerens.

It was a really fun but total rear end in a top hat deck to use. I'd love to get back into MTG but jesus the booster packs are outrageously expensive these days.

e: this was in 2012-2013, I don't remember which Ally cards specifically did that but it was at the time when the shock lands that let you burn life to play were really popular

Was it this guy? Because he does trigger off of each ally.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

I'll shoot anyone who talks badly about webcomics. With a polaroid. Then I'm gonna write BAD OPINIONS on the picture.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

I believe they're running Starfield.exe.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

AI art being used by corpos to slash spending on real artists is fail and AIDS.

Being used by individuals or local ttrpg groups is fine, but no one gives a poo poo about it beyond the person who made it, so there's no reason to share it. It's fine in it's own thread, but shouldn't be allowed outside of it just because how easy it is to churn out 1000 copies of the same drek, and overwhelm threads.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Quote is not edit.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Tarnop posted:

I peeked into the TG AI thread to see if it was as bad as it sounded and there was a post with about 50 AI generated portraits in it that got full quoted 4 times by people just saying "those look great!"

If I've been a bad enough person my eternal damnation will involve manually scrolling past those posts forever

The third post in the first TG AI thread is Rutibex doing a dump of a ChatGPT log where he asks it to make up DnD spells/artifacts.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

For all I know there's a direct copy paste of the minecraft fairy torture guy's seminal work smack in the middle there, because I scroll right by it.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Heath posted:

I liked this one as a kid

I also really liked the CYOA ones because they had shiny foil covers and they were all in first person. It's like you're in the story!

Except there was one where I think you could end up on some kind of endless slide and that one gave me the willies. There was another where I think you get turned into a bat for a while?

There was one that has you trapped in a maze forever, and represented this with two pages that each sent you to the other.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

So, upon looking, Plinkey's goonfund, despite the assurances of noted Hades player smarxist, could never have become a 501(c)(3) charity, because he decided to use some of the donations to support a political candidate, and that renders you ineligible for becoming a 501(c)(3).

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

She hid her ping-pong abilities from me, and that's all I'll say.

Grats on being the ping pong equivalent of one of those DBZ aliens that talks a lot of smack about the heroes low power levels, then gets blown the gently caress out when they power up.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

pentyne posted:

Wrath of the Righteous was probably the best example to point to for game reactivity prior to BG3.

This is Alpha Protocol erasure.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-dDH5F0Nes

Genesis soundchip did have some bangers.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the trump thread has protection... troll at your peril

As long as we don't try to damage, enchant, equip, block or target it, we'll be OK. Destruction effects (or "bury" in pre-6th edition nomenclature) still work. However, because we can't target it, we'll have to play something like Wrath of Jeff ( 2WW, Sorcery "Destroy all threads, they can't be recreated." ) on C-SPAM.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

what about self mill?

Dredge players shall be buried alive, as they deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

It’s spelled helldump

Hifldrmp