Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I get the feeling this thread is about to be moved to SAD. Or was it planned to be there when the OP was written, but later decided to keep it in PYF? Anyhow, great job Rhino.
New forums court, HERE WE GO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Oh lmao I forgot to revise that... I'll do it later when I'm on a computer

You will pay for this

with a bit of extra effort, when you get the chance. No rush really. :cheersbird:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Abhorrence posted:

Reporting in. Which Goon Patreon are we taking down for this thread?

hold on a minute. I'll set one up. It's not going to be a scam. I'll be up front honest that it's a weed fund for me. Or, you can pay me to not post my awful audio terrorism
maybe I can make a buck before PYFCSPAMQCS crew ruins my life bullshit fund

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Alright, can we back up about 32 steps for my slow old rear end please?

Are you here, telling us that shmups have power metal soundtracks now?
Because the last time I played a touhou was something about cherry blossoms, and they were hit or miss to get running.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Raere posted:

With today's smack, our friend "ErrorInvalidUser / the 1st amendment / Beyond ReTarTed. / j o y c e / living nightmare / SideEffectShit / RepeatOffender / etc." has spent $140 on re-regs in the last 30 days alone.

What's the genesis of this legend?

Mid 20s sudden onset unmedicated schizophrenia. Dude needs to get well, but apparently refuses help. The "who is ddosing something awful" thread discovered a lawsuit that was filed pro se against the site, and immediately thrown out by the court, several other nonsensical lawsuits by the same guy, and some news articles about him with some heartbreaking interviews with his parents.
Jeff said in the original thread that we are absolutely not to touch the poop on this, and leave the guy alone

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

It would be fun to get a list of all the serial reregs if we could just search the lepers colon
:eyepop: you first. Wear gloves, mask and goggles

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The actual laughs to be had were when the answer to "who is ddosing the forums?" Was "maybe the guy who sued you?" And Jeff not even knowing there was a lawsuit filed.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I would suggest giving dredge a whirl, if you want a bit of fishing crossed with sunless sea. This is feeling like exactly the game I wished sunless sea was.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Taeke posted:

I just love the idea of this thread and the previous one having a significant number of new posts leading people to think there's some new drama only to be disappointed with video games chat.

not me though because this thread is in my bookmarks and I'm online enough to be able to keep up
Sometimes yah go to drive somewhere, or take a nap, or cook a meal, and 409 new posts will drop. Never know what treasures they may contain.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I feel like Hades approached modular difficulty in a really thoughtful manner.
I do enjoy an easy game though. If I wanted challenges and a sense of accomplishment, real life has more than enough of those. I game for fun and relaxation.
Others should seek to enjoy a game how they see fit. Or do whatever. I'm not your dad.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

If this is somehow related to that twitter dipshit let me know and I'll remove it, I just wanted to be cheeky with a long rear end video essay.
Reported for misinformation. This is clearly a podcast episode with a still image for "video" . Not a video essay. Hell, even well there's your problem has slides.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Iirc he popped into the cool zone thread on a sock puppet to praise the shooting technique.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Dixville posted:

Lol lots of people eat that thinking it has health benefits for some reason. Or it's like good luck or something. I don't think it's that gross but i deal with blood and guts all the time so :shrug:
Good enuff for the local bison herd, good enuff for this momma.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Just loving giggling over here. Chili's, pizzas, and come to find out somebody nuked New Zealand and nobody knew until secret Santa rolled into town.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

skeleton warrior posted:

I regard Bioshock Infinite as the Citizen Kane of video games, but I’ve never seen Citizen Kane, so I’m just assuming that the movie also turns into a rushed incoherent mess with bullet sponge enemies halfway through

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

That looks a bit warm. Let me assist you.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Little late to the news, but the nefarious sixteen butts' power is fast becoming legendary.
Not long ago, he stood in forums court, accused of being mean to delphisage. Now, he's King of Muskworld

Jazerus posted:

oh also please welcome your new IK, 16-Bit Butt-Head!
Hilarious.
Please stomp on anyone who comes in arguing about tangential characters who happen to cross musk orbit. (whatever the hell they were saying about some Glenn guy really stunk up the last thread)

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Where did yer star go?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

[Redacted meltdown]
Hey some of us have legitimate reasons to be watching the clock until we don't have to worry about certain people forcing themselves back into our lives. People don't choose their mothers. Let them choose to leave them.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Cool, thanks.
Just saw the empty quote as general advice fir everyone and wanted to voice a counterpoint. Night y'all

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

This happened to me once with Homestar Runner and it actually kind of ruled? Just a constant stream of Strong Bad Emails in my YT suggestions for like a week, no stupid thumbnails, no politics guys

Used to be a whole website full of them.
RIP flash, you were lovely beyond belief.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

No, it was two separate doxxing incidents which just both happened to involve Cinci and Fritz tremendously loving up.
Faaaaahk, I have some catching up to do with the thread, but I would like to note that somewhere in all this, a completely uninvolved poster named "Fritz" popped their head in, and asked that people do not refer to the disgraced horse guy by the singular first name.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Half of Dracula posted:

i actually think the blood is pretty cool
Bloodlust? That's a ban.
Although, it may be infringing on your right to sustenance.
Do vampires get human rights? They're at least part human. But then again, people don't have a great record of counting "part man" when it comes to rights. Ooh, this is treacherous territory.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

Sometimes I think SA exists as one of those number stations to create random word generations through internet drama.

Joey McChrist posted:

an endless cacophony of people shouting whiskey tango foxtrot into a ham radio

This was inspiring. I went with news broadcast instead of ham and number stations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubUKCM3P-GY

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Sounds like another mod doing some doxxing has hit the site lmao.

Can’t help them selves lol

sunofa....

I already did the news and ad-read.

ffs, this is going to wait until I've had some more whisktye or tomorrow.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

EorayMel posted:

So in the past 4(?) days we had at least 1 admin and 2 mods, all from d&d and/or cspam(i don't give a poo poo about this distinction) lose their stars and/or autoban.

And a smattering of non-mod weirdos also banned, including the unfortunate collateral damage of Lady Radia leaving due to some other doxxing shithead that started all this.

Pretty wild all around.

Now for what youngmouth has referred to as "phase six", where out of the blue someone comes in and self reports their crimes.
I'm thinking instead of some heinous bullshit, how about someone admits to money laundering or crypto rug pull or something like that to change it up for once?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

vyelkin posted:

This is from ages back since this thread moves so fast but I want to clear it up: this is not true. Leon was never asked to be an admin. He made that up to troll one of his posting rivals.

Are you sure y'all didn't just forget? Have you checked the admin discord? Check for notes under Jeff's pillow?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the sixer is the punishment most likely to provoke an enraged response, so a lot of them chained together act as a multiplier

it's interesting that the shortest punishment available makes people the most unhinged. scientists postulate a hypothetical shorter punishment that could potentially unlock towering new rages...

It's true. Even normally cool headed people get a little testy at the ten minute time out imposed for posting in SAD.

vvv :same:

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 19, 2023

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I wasn't an admin yet when he claimed it happened but I could tell it was not true at the time. But just to be 100% sure, I checked with the senior admins before posting the truth in this thread because I recently got burned by Fritz's stealth edit and I wanted to be absolutely certain I wasn't going to accidentally mislead anybody again.

I believed you, but just wanted to taste some of that low hanging fruit.
Cool of you to respond sincerely though, thanks :cheersbird:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I had a strategy guide as a kid for ff3(6) that was as thick as a drat dictionary, like an inch and a half thick. It had a big sword on the cover with a golden dragon hilt and was all UNOFFICIAL, drat right it was unofficial like 90% of the poo poo it described wasn't even in the game

It was basically a gamefaqs troll guide but printed

strat guide / fan fiction

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

my friend and i would do this with mortal kombat 2 fatalities lol

I think I still have a VHS tape I recorded going through the list of all the finishing moves on whichever one introduced babalities on the genesis.
Thanks for the reminder

Also, memories of the numpty headed college I went to. They would charge 10cents a photocopy in the library, but the laserjets in the the computer lab were free for all.
Your administration was garbage, and you may have cranked your tuition and lab fees to the moon, but I managed to extract a printed copy of the complete works of Edgar Allan Poe as a concession prize

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 20, 2023

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think it's often less anger towards dogs specifically and more anger towards anything that they can't control or won't show them proper deference. Cop attitude.
Dogs are way more subservient than cats though. My little dudes sass me off all the time, and pets and cuddles are strictly on their terms. You can tell a dog what to do. Good luck telling a cat anything.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

depends on the dog. some breeds are closer to cats and will want interaction when they decide. chihuahuas are super independent in my experience and mine just decides to hang out in another room some days.
Sounds like some good dogs. 12/10

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

BUMBACLOT posted:

when i worked in a hospital they had volunteers with therapy dogs come around to brighten the patients' day and stuff and i would pet those dogs every chance i got. really amazing the effect just petting a dog has, even on a person who's having the worst day/week of their life

Especially on someone having a horrible day. Cuddly critters are excellent for that.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Booourns posted:

may as well repost this before imgur deletes it I guess

:ohdear:

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Lol we do whats known as human growth and development with students and the anonymous question box is a big reflection of the teacher's rapport with their class. Hated teacher's get like 90/10 percent mocking/genuine and good ones get 50/50.

One recent example was a 6th grade student who signed their name on a slip and wrote "is it okay to have sex in Fortnite?" and while the rest of the class laughed as we read it, he was so genuinely concerned that both me and my coteacher sat down after school with him and tried to figure out what was going on

Did you guide the child away from engaging in online sexual activities, then have a second thought about telling the forums all about it? WTF?
Like, I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but why tell us about this?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Edit 5: Ritalin loving rules

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Edit: feel free to ask in the k12 thread in cspam

No thanks. I'd prefer to hear less from you.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

NeatHeteroDude posted:

in the k12 thread in cspam
Siri, what is possibly the most cursed series of words?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I feel like we would not have this place, if lowtax had any business sense.
Whenever this place had status and popularity, he could have sold the place and the corporate vampires would have got their teeth into it.