Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i hope it's dominik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

why does he look 40 now

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

man this is the ultimate coward move

stick to your loving guns and have roman be the undisputed top champion for the next 5 years or whatever!!! don't try to dance around it now after you've come this far for god's sake

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

also the 21plex actually looks like it's applying meaningful extra torque to the suplex

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

the woke mob is persecuting me for poisoning my enemies with cursed fruit

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

rhea currently reaping the rewards of getting over organically i see

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

lmfao "what did and tried to do with the ufc"

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i can't imagine ari emanuel giving a poo poo about the creative of wwe

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Davros1 posted:

WWE's CFO Frank Riddick is departing the company. He's been there for 13 years.

why do i get pictures of sabu when i google this guy's name

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

wouldn't be surprised if a number of production people got let go and the guys who are left wind up having to pull twice the workload

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Waffleopolis posted:

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/21/vince-mcmahon-exit-tko-wwe

TKO might be setting to sell Vince's shares. That was fast.

on one hand, he did explicitly say when he took back the company that he was only staying in charge long enough to organize and execute the sale of the company

on the other hand, he's a loving carny piece of poo poo so i'll believe it when it actually happens

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

nintendo 64-rear end beard

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i gotta imagine there are people in wwe pushing for a bad bunny/logan paul match

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i feel like every time okada has been questioned about signing with an american promotion, he's always pushed that he's more interested in building up new japan than growing his own star. i guess his mind could change at some point but i'd be kind of surprised to see him in wwe.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

As far as I'm aware New Japan pay Okada his value, they get how important he is to their business. So WWE to sign him would have to pay a lot, especially considering he'd have to relocate to Florida with his wife who is a working voice actress and his little kid.

And while it's true the WWE has a less impactful style, Okada has worked almost twice as many shows as Nakamura but has only done 16 singles matches to Nakamura's 38.

It's totally plausible he could jump, don't get me wrong. New Japan probably cannot compete with WWE if really pushed the boat out financially. Which would have the bonus of being enough of an investment that they might avoid just sticking him with a Tozawa tier gimmick. If they were wise they'd give him a manager now Vince seems out and they can abandon that particular hangup of his, but idk.

tozawa probably wouldn't be getting the treatment he is if he were six inches taller and 100 pounds heavier, i think. wwe is very much a body company and okada doesn't have his size working against him. i think it would definitely end up coming down to wwe offering the right number, IF okada has any interest at all.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Alaois posted:

Tell that to Kenzo Suzuki and Yoshitatsu

forkboy84 posted:

I have to point out that Akira Tozawa's size wasn't exactly a secret when they signed him. Also he's slightly bigger than Rey Mysterio who at one point was one of their bigger draws, despite being booked absolutely terribly.

you are both right but also those guys weren't around for the "new regime" that's apparently supposed to treat japanese wrestlers better

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

lol if you think he'll last til the next saudi show

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

a billionaire saying "i got kids to feed" makes me feel like my head is going to catch on fire

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

smarxist here and smarxist anywhere else on the forums were like two different people lol. glad he's gone if he's spouting dogshit like that

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

I really hope Sasha comes back to WWE, or back to Japan. AEW just isn’t a good place for women’s wrestling and Ring of Honor is too small time for Sasha, but it’s the only place Tony Khan seems to book women well.

i hope she doesn't because wwe doesn't deserve good things

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

A friend of mine has just said this poster makes him feel like he fell into a hole and the entire WWE upper card is judging him for it

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

yeah, moreso than the camera cuts, the thing that always puts me off immediately when i happened to catch glimpses of current day wwe's product is that the presentation unbearably bright? like, i feel like i'd get a headache if i watched a full show

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1745985497212629501 AEW is truly finished now, Triple H has finally finished his master plan to change Butch's name back to Pete Dunn.

pete dunne looking like he just got home from verdun

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i hope that woman takes every cent of his money

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

something that struck me was the sex toys named after wrestlers

he did that because he knew what their genitals looked like, didn't he

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

might be controversial to say but i hope vince, laurenitis and the rest of the rapist scum in the wrestling industry die violently, horrifically and soon.

brave and true to say

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

super macho dude posted:

Pretty crazy that the " heel character" of Vince McMahon portrayed on television for 28 or so years is literally just him irl

less evil than the real guy tbh

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i legitimately can't decipher this person's stance on the issue

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Lid posted:

That it's fake news to distract from a Premium Live Event

that's the worst possible sentiment it could have been! wow!

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

it would definitely be great if endeavor or tko or whoever managed to purge the deeply rooted rot in wwe, but if they are unable or unwilling then let the motherfucker burn

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

in the highly fanciful and unlikely situation that wwe did actually loving die because of this, i think it's wild how many people talk about how it would be a massive blow to professional wrestling

but. everyone who watches those shows, if it goes away, will have to decide if they want to keep watching wrestling or not. if they do, they'll have to go watch something the gently caress else

maybe that would actually be better for wrestling in the long term than this lovely lumbering giant continuing to cast it's dogshit shadow over the whole thing

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

engaging in based rationalposting at all the stupid proles who have dared to display anger that falls outside the prescribed limits about the horrific sex crimes

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

delightful posted:

Didn't know that... :(

these types of guys swarm to each other because everyone else loving hates them

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

https://twitter.com/AIRGold_/status/1750694439431893234

wonder whatever happened to this guy.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

cody confirms he failed to control the aew locker room

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i'm still loving blown away that small paul actually said in front of god and everybody that he hasn't even read the lawsuit yet

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

bitter about losing out on switchblade, ospreay, and okada lol

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

fragile ego. fragile body. weak mind. weak spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

cody about to diminish the story