Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I stand by my theory that Cody's breaking point in AEW was when the Chicago crowd threw his belt back into the ring from the crowd. The crowd throwing the rubber chicken will be Cody's breaking point in WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dango Bango posted:

lol what?? Cuts are going to be office-focused, not talent.

I'd expect both, honestly.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
But it’s going to be the biggest draft ever…

I don’t even know what that means, honestly. The roster is smaller than previous years, and everyone usually gets drafted except that year Heath Slater didn’t get drafted somehow

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

abraham linksys posted:

are they going to have Vince and HHH on each side of the draft? How do you a draft with no show GMs? Have commentary make the picks?

The FOX and NBCU war rooms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikzW1C-PrWE&t=208s

I love this because it's clearly a bunch of office people at Stamford, and it's fun watching the choices each person makes about being upset in their one time to shine on TV. I like how two people really commit to the throwing the papers gag, while the people at the table lightly throw the papers down. And it's all just photo copies of the same piece of paper with FOX and the WWE logo on it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Hirez posted:

pretty sure late Nash booked Nitro did the first hour with no wrestling, maybe even the time he did drunk commentary?

e: can a mod change this thread back to WWE yellow tag - having 2 raw threads is giving me nightmares
e2: thx :hai:

Yeah, the first hour of Nitro with zero wrestling.

https://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/the-nitro-with-no-wrestling/

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did this get posted in the thread yet?

John Oliver ripped on Vince's mustache on Last Week Tonight

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7220507356277296427

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Looked at Summer Slam tickets today. I bought a $100 ticket to see Wrestlemania 23 at Ford Field, they want $800 for a seat in the same section for Summer Slam

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It's a draft. What can you really do to make it different from every other draft they've ever had and make it exciting? It's just shuffling the roster around

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Can’t wait until Brock Lesnar wins it is Saudi Arabia

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
But they created a situation where Roman would be drafted to a show and stay there. So then fixed it by creating a new title.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
It’s to hide his life alert bracelet

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Hefty Leftist posted:

lmao all they had to do was bring back the real big gold and everyone would have eaten it up

Seriously... that's all they had to do was just bring back the original title.

And to really just drive the point home on why this is such a good idea, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship share a lineage with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Which is the title that Dusty Rhodes held. So if Cody's whole deal is trying to win the title his dad never held, he could say that his dad held that title and would technically be correct, and still make him go after Roman and the title he has.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MJeff posted:

Survivor Series isn't brand vs. brand anymore it's WAAAAAARGAAAAAAMES which is somehow even dumber.

Survivor Series is the one time a year that teams of 5 randomly form to go head to head in competition!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Maybe he meant The Edge from U2

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The Imperium Oktoberfest celebration!

I mean... not no?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So with Sami/KO on Raw, does SD just have no tag titles to compete over?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
“So what do you guys want to talk about” is just as bad as “who’s ready for story time with Adam Cole bay bay

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I liked the Bad Bunny/Priest match for what it was. Was nice that that they brought back Savio and Carlito so they could get the biggest ever pops in their career in front of their home town

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So the WHC, which is supposed to be the Raw title, is in a tournament with Smackdown people? So if a SD person wins does the title stay exclusive to Smackdown?

I kind of can’t believe that they are already loving with the draft before the draft even officially starts.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/monesmaker/status/1662261603444588545?s=20

This didn’t look all that terrible until I realized Bayley and Iyo are supposed to be on the same team lol

I just... what is going on here? Why would that lead to Bayley getting pinned? That should have broken up the move that was being done.

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol how the gently caress would they justify giving it the WHC lineage when they already unified that with the WWE title non-universal edition like a decade ago

The WCW US title was unified into the WWE IC title, which was unified with the Europe and Hardcore title, which were unified into the World Heavyweight Championship. The then reactivated the US and IC titles.

Like this is not unheard of...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MorningMoon posted:

lol cody, but also goddamn this is brutal. Start the month with 4 daily shows, then weekly show until the last week of the month where you do one tv show, fly to the UK and do 3 shows in a row.

oh no, the guy making millions has to work 3-4 days in a row

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

projecthalaxy posted:

https://youtu.be/S0vhMXLkUPY

Waiting to see which side the "wrestling bubble" insults go before I reveal if I watched The Goldbergs

Watching this at 480p with my phone in vertical mode… could have fooled me.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Lacey Evan returns, and the best they got for her is... complaining that she lost because he opponent is covered in baby oil?

I just... huh?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shard posted:

It still seems so weird to me to build around someone unable to wrestle well and build towards her wrestling eventually when the end state will be a bad wrestling match. WWE really doesn't want to be a wrestling company lol

Eva Marie's best match ever was the one against Bayley in NXT for the Championship.... because I was convinced they were going to do something stupid and put Eva Marie over and win the championship. They somehow managed to overbook that match in a fun way that was getting me angry that Eva would win.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Remember when Cody proudly displayed that tat during a segment on AEW about when he got it done, talking about how it represented his brand and how he was going to make sure it was prominently displayed so people knew how proud he was of it

I swear Cody admitted that the tattoo ended up being way bigger than he thought it would be. LMAO... how is that possible? Now I've never gotten a tattoo, but do you generally treat it like you're getting a haircut? "Oh put it on my neck right about here, not too big!"

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Eat My Fuc posted:

So if Cody does beat Roman next Mania, what will be the “actually Cody has failed” reasoning then?

It’s more likely Roman will just get injured or have to drop the title due to illness but, it will be funny if Cody does get his big win eventually, and I will be happy.

If Roman got injured I would fully expect them to just wait it out at this point for him to return. They have their participation trophy title to use instead. Roman has already goes months between title defenses. I cant imagine him ever losing the title due to injury unless it was career ending. And even then...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
JFC, can they just give us fresh matchups?

3 matches in a row vs Seth. 3 against Brock. There is so much more you can do with these people.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Tampa Bae posted:

gee if only they could've seen a brand split coming in the future and had titles on the correct people they wanted on each brand instead of scrapping belts and giving them new ones

There is nothing wrong with rebranding the Raw and SD women’s titles and keeping each lineage. They dumb mistake was making them show specific.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Answers Me posted:

They should have just invented two fake governing bodies to name their titles after, like they do in Japan, if they wanted brand-specific titles without the headache of what happens if the Smackdown Women’s Champion moves to Raw or whatever

The Raw and Smackdown GMs were the original governing bodies. They just picked lovely names.

Imaging you’re debuting a new title and you call is the Smackdown whatever. Like does anybody as a kid ever dream of being the Smackdown tag team champions?

Tampa Bae posted:

the real answer the belts are always ugly variations of the giant W logo is because when sports stars wear them to games they want everyone to know "oh that's a WWE™ Championship" and not "oh that's a wrestling belt"

There is a funny video out there of “WWE keeps debuting the same title over and over again” and it’s just a super cut of every stupid Big W belt.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

TheKingslayer posted:

To a degree I get what Bret is saying, so far as at times it feels like wrestlers are just having a good match instead of making it feel like a fight, but it's still just different strokes as opposed to The One True Way of Wrestling.

Because Bret Hart vs Henry Godwin on Jacked was a 5 star classic.

Two things. First…

Bret was involved in some of the greatest storylines in wrestling in his era. It’s easy to make your match look like a fight when you’re facing Austin, Undertaker, and HBK. And it’s not just the opponents, the storylines were top tier as well.

I’d love to see what he would do with his 3rd consecutive PPV match against The Miz, where the feud only continued because Miz won with a roll up and had to scream “this ain’t over, pal!” as his opponent ran away acting likely he barely escaped death.

Second…

The expectations of a wrestler today are far beyond what they were 30 years ago. If you are on Raw, SD, or Dynamite the expectation is that you put on at least a 3.5 star match. And if you don’t it’s “wow, what are they doing on TV, that match was horrible!” When on Raw in 1995 all you needed to do was get your poo poo in and put your opponent in the sharpshooter to send the crowd home happy.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Power Windows posted:

NXT is still one of USA's best performing shows, right?

Scanning the past couple weeks, WWE and NXT are their only shows that reach the Top 50 cable shows on any night of the week. So yeah, it's the #2 performing show on the network.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don’t understand the hype for LA Knight.

Good talker. Yet to see him do anything to wow me ring work wise in WWE

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kvantum posted:

Somehow he found a way to sound like The Rock doing a Stone Cold impression doing an impression of The Rock.

My god, that's exactly it....

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I find it hard to believe that anyone knows who Roman Reigns is outside of WWE fans from the past 10 years. The guy has done absolutely nothing outside of WWE to get any name recognition.

More people know who Dolph Ziggler is just based on him being the wrestler that dated Amy Schumer

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

rotinaj posted:

He was the most important cameo in the worldchanging film hobbs and shaw

Some of these are hilariously bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA9H-FYxMbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qsWCljzuiM

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I watched the two ladder matches and the ending to the Bloodline Tag Match. Was the other stuff worth watching, or no? I just didn't see Rollins or Gunther losing, so thought those were skippable

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Codependent Poster posted:

Seth and Finn was just there. Both guys can do so much more so I'm not sure what was going on with that match.

Balor is 41. He entered NXT when he was 32.

When was the last good notable Meltzer 4-Star or better Balor singles match?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Namtab posted:

A match is worthless if that one guy doesn't give it 4+ stars

Sorry that hurt you.

Can you give me a list of matches rated Fresh instead?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

projecthalaxy posted:

Cody misunderstood what Cena meant when he said, "oh, you don't need a belt."

It’s also why Cody literally gives his belt away to a fan during his entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This company can’t capitalize on anything that happens organically.

How long until LA Knight fizzles out?