Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I haven’t found the rubber chicken in this one yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Codependent Poster posted:

The Samoan Spike rules. Solo has to work more on making it look vicious like Umaga. And yeah people need to sell it better.

Yeah, the Spike kicks rear end. Umaga also kicked rear end. Honestly surprised at how many people sold that as an impact move and not a throat-damage move. I wonder if there was some directive to not clutch at your throat or something by Vince/sponsors. Wouldn't surprise me from the same company that fired Danielson for the Justin Roberts tie choke.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

endeavor needs to fire hhh and use his salary to buy rubber chickens that drop from the ceiling during cody's entrance

I've heard of a brood bath before but this is ridiculous

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Astro7x posted:

Looked at Summer Slam tickets today. I bought a $100 ticket to see Wrestlemania 23 at Ford Field, they want $800 for a seat in the same section for Summer Slam

Well it's the biggest party of the summer

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maxwell Lord posted:

The only issue I’d see is that you either do CGI tattoo removal or you just have him wear turtlenecks the whole time

Cody can only be shot from the left

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Quid posted:

You don't keep a Ferrari in the garage.

No, but you can keep its engine in a tank

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Digital Jedi posted:

100% somoene will still say he is wrong and read the original tweet wrong.

Yeah, she said "won't be coming to Raw TODAY" and this idiot is saying she's not coming to Raw "TONIGHT".

Of course she's not coming toDAY the show happens in nighttime!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why didn’t he just chase him to the back after he beat up that group of security guys? He couldn’t have gone that far!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This reply made me chuckle

https://twitter.com/nut_bunnies/status/1648391432904777735

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"reached a deal" is loving pathetic if the deal isn't just "do whatever you want".

Hopefully that's the case and they're not taking their money but I'm also not paying for Fightful to find out.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

1glitch0 posted:

Looking forward to 1970s George Carlin's NXT run

Dude looks like he’s 1970 years old

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bigelow's only WWE main event program had him losing to a NFL player and he never really had close to that. Even by WWE's lax Hall of Fame standards that's not really good enough

Counterpoint, Koko B. Ware is in the Hall of Fame and as much as I liked Koko B. Ware as a kid, he never main evented against any NFL players at Wrestlemania.

The Hall of Fame is a joke because they just randomly throw people in there. Bigelow is an omission I hadn't thought about before, but it is pretty wild that he isn't in there considering some of the other lower-card/middle-card wrestlers who are in there. He had a tattooed head and did cartwheels for god's sake!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Majinfoose posted:

poo poo, is mustache Vince his doppelganger from the black lodge? Is he chasing people with poo poo covered underwear saying, "the bowels are not what the seem"?

wow Vince wow

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DogsInSpace! posted:

That was so weird to watch in real time. I remember goons posting the night of the Benoit memorial thread. Started off with both shock and sadness right until the Regal interview. That is the exact moment many of us went “ummm…. Something seems off.” The Vince moment on ECW I remember was the true beginning of the wtf. Man this thread was crazy. Good news is nobody here seriously thought Kevin Sullivan did it.

As a big Angle, Benoit and Eddgie G fan, these were a few rough years.

I don’t know how people didn’t immediately think something was horribly off when it was learned the whole family was dead. That set off alarms for me immediately and made the entirety of Raw seem so ill-conceived.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why is it so hard for them to make good looking belts anymore?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv6AxMigRZA

Why is he wearing so much poo poo on his arms?

Those are devices that prevent him from doing the “point at this person” photo pose since they’re in a hiring freeze

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wonder if HHH actually had to ask permission from Vince to talk to Punk, or if he just used that as excuse to not have to talk to Punk and knew it'd sound believable because Vince is an insane control freak

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Why, he just got a new show that's being built around him and the people in AEW that he likes, and no need to interact with those he doesn't. Sounds like he already got a win-win to me :)

Sounds more like a whine-win to me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

I was with her until she sought reinstatement.

I mean I guess it's admirable that she could want to be the catalyst for change in that place in terms of how they portray non-white characters, but I don't think anyone has that power.

Also, lol this is not the brag they think it is:

quote:

“I know but look at the waves we’re making in the company. 4 years ago, no woman worked on the writer’s team!”

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1651284577170726915

Literally Ryan from The Office trying to get out of cleaning the microwave.

He'll just make it worse

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That sucks, from what little I'd seen of her she seemed pretty cool. I wonder if they'll ever reflect on the massive amount of knee injuries that come out of NXT and think about changing their training style.*

*I don't actually wonder this. I know they won't.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why isn’t… everybody eligible to be drafted?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

Because whichever show went second would have a much worse pool and thus not be worth watching.

That wouldn’t be true, though, since they just alternate each pick so it’s not like Raw gets 40 picks up front and then Smackdown goes. Or is it?? Did they make the draft even stupider?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I was honestly expecting this to be way stiffer than it was

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"highly-anticipated"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

-funny hats
-pouring cups of cola on michael cole
-other alicia fox highlights

- gave some dude a monster loving wedgie and I think broke his underwear on Raw?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

WEDGIE TIME

This was peak Alicia Fox time in the Ganso household

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

For the longest time, I thought Outkick was a pro-LGBT outlet and I was always shocked when I saw something awful coming out of it instead.

I think I was confusing it with some other outlet that started with Out.

I think you're thinking of Outsports, maybe?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Legit one of the coolest moments in Raw history. That shot of the stage looping in on itself, the joy on Paul Bearer’s face before Kane comes out, that loving pop. It’s so perfect.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is the LWO actually a stable in name, or are they just wearing the shirts for nostalgia? If it’s a stable, how did it come about forming and getting that name this time around?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thanks for the LWO info! I knew it was a stable in WCW but wasn’t sure if they were actively calling people the LWO again now or if they were just wearing the shirts to be cute.

I hope they bring in Jam Up Guy El Dandy.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MorningMoon posted:

Nah, it'll be a surprise returning Dan Ryckert.

The name on the contract says Ryckert… but it says PAUL Ryckert!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't generally care about how old a wrestler is, it just became A Thing in WWE because they refused to make young, new stars anymore and only relied on the old ones. Old wrestlers can be cool as poo poo. It's just, you can't only have old wrestlers at the top of the card forever and ignore the young wrestlers who are getting over and could be huge stars as well.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Julio Cruz posted:

I don’t care about the number but it’s kinda dumb to be giving a first main event push to a guy who’s already physically declining

expecting to get 5 more years of top performance out of him is much more optimistic than realistic imo

I think it'd be sillier if it was a guy who had been in WWE for like 15 years already or something. Priest got to WWE in 2018, so it's not too crazy to me for a guy in his 5th year in the company to be possibly getting a big main event push.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lid posted:

I know it's easy to dunk on nxt but I legit don't see the gap between this and Bandido's 21-Plex that is beloved. If anything it looks like directly someone saw Bandido and was how can we do that.

Yeah, in the grand scheme of convoluted wrestling poo poo, this is pretty low on the list. I do like someone’s suggestion of it being a tag move because it’d be a little more dynamic but it’s totally fine as-is.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I still cry for Seeso

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Majinfoose posted:

His theme song says it all

He ain’t dead he ain’t JEFF

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dacap posted:

Cody's WWE run just the living embodiment of the dril tweet

https://twitter.com/dril/status/432616623225049088?s=46&t=vTNZavhRg3gJqoP7LCLG5A

https://youtu.be/OAi7-8vm9RU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Answers Me posted:

In kayfabe how is going back down to developmental to challenge for the title seen as anything other than a massively embarrassing loser move. It should be the wrestling equivalent of Homer entering the build-your-own-power-plant competition, surely.

Corbin should just act like he's never been on the main roster but has some kind of amnesia and can't remember the last 5 years or whatever. Now he's confused as to why NXT looks different from what he remembered. It took him long enough to figure out where the new arena is, now he's pissed and wants to beat everyone's rear end for making him feel confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bartok posted:

I started watching WWF during the beginning of the New Gen era but was always more of a WCW kid. I originally hated Goldust because I was a fan of The Natural but also the homophobic stuff was awful and while I didn't fully understand it I knew enough to be embarrassed by it. The comedy stuff Goldust did later was fine but it's hard for me to forget the crowd chanting the "F slur" during a lovely match against Razor Ramon back in the day.

Not to mention the time Jerry Lawler also called him the F-slur in a promo. Or, I think more accurately, asked if he was one. A shining time!