Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

Smugworth posted:

Mangy varmints

:stoat:

They say by the time you see one rodent running around, you've already got an infestation nesting in the walls, so what do we call this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Only one of those is a rodent. skitter skitter

MrQwerty posted:

hyraxes are not rodents (chews on wires)

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Is there a vore RP thread leaking somewhere

Lol. I was just noticing the growing number of rodent small critter avatars that seem to be cropping up.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

redshirt posted:

I got some! And a cannabis seltzer.

I hope you recover well, mouth injuries are especially painful.

So were you left with a hole in your mouth without a repair?

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Right, what's all this then?

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

credburn posted:

I always thought "ooga booga" was caveman for "hello" or something but someone told me it's an extremely racist thing to say :confused:

If it makes you feel any better I thought it was caveman talk too. I'm pretty sure that's from growing up seeing the captain caveman cartoons - that's how he talked. Hearing that it has another implication is news to me.

But I can also understand how people would use it to mock other languages for racism.

Seems like an innocent misunderstanding on your part. I hope the situation smoothed over quickly.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

redshirt posted:

Pineapple or Nothing!!

satanic splash-back posted:

The only way you can do pizza wrong is by putting pineapple on it

GBS chat thread, lets not turn into a bunch of squabbling baby boomers. Lets just order two pizzas for everyone. One with pineapple and one without. Pennywise the cat has all these coupons anyway.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

this caught me off guard lol :laugh:

deep dish peat moss posted:

Just aced another final exam for one of my classes, at this pace I'm on track to complete my entire bachelor's degree start to finish in about 8 months :hellyeah:

Self-paced schooling is the best

congratulations!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No booze starting yesterday. Almost a year since my dad died and I've been drinking every day since, at least. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but yeah, probably.

I can't believe how much I got done today. Woke up at about 10am which is excellent for me. I had energy for once and actually took my modafinil which I never take (supposed to give me energy, go figure). Got new shoes, got Blue Lightning (scooter) up and running and filed the tires, gas, etc. Fixed my front storm door which wouldn't latch for 2 years, fixed and filled my bird feeder, tried to get my lawnmower working (it doesn't, gotta figure it out), made an impromptu Costco run, saw the eclipse with my own eyes for the first time, and it's only 5pm.

It's finally beautiful outside and Spring is starting. I'm sitting in my driveway listening to the songs my dad used to play and singing loudly while doing poo poo.

I just started crying. Happiness. Too much emotion. I drink to suppress my emotions so it's a bit overwhelming.

I love you all. :unsmith:

Congratulations! That sounds like a great day!

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't get out much so I'm hoping it'd give me some energy.

edit: today is one week with zero alcohol :toot:

Congratulations! 🥳 That's awesome

Edit: my first ever time I started a new page.

hey, it's Jeff! *Cricket sounds*

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Oh cool my work place has spotted bed bugs here and they refuse to send people work from home and then fumigation.

OH. HELL. NO.

If you develop bed bugs at home because they came from work, is your workplace going to pay the costs to remove the bedbugs at your home?

As someone who once dealt with the hell on Earth that bed bugs can create, I would be immediately running out of work while ripping my clothes off, burning them, going to the gym to shower with scalding hot water, put on my gym clothes and shoes. Then I'd buy new clothes on my way home, rip of my gym clothes, burn them, and put on the new clothes before entering my apt.

Edit: sorry, I'm not trying to alarm you. I'm just very allergic to them and their bites create an itch that many times worse than mosquitoes for me. I believe 30% of people are allergic.

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 29, 2024