Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

The only thing about the Jaguars that will be 6-11 is Travon Walker's wingspan
I was going to go with "Number of sacks per game" but thats cool too.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

This Jaguars preseason team's third string WRs would be starters on a lot of our past teams
Thats not a high bar to clear. Who has been standing out? Anyone that will make the actual roster?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, Zay Jones and Jamal Agnew are all roster locks

Parker Washington is the backup return guy to Agnew, does other special teams stuff, has incredibly sure hands and was a draft pick and is also probably a lock

Leaves the Jaguars with 4 really good players for one spot.

Tim Jones is the most "obvious" choice, he's a good special teamer and blocker

Elijah Cooks and Jacob Harris are a pair of really athletic, fast 6'4 big body guys who have both flashed, Cooks tore up the Lions today. If they go with Jones, I wouldn't be shocked if neither of them cleared waivers

Kevin Austin Jr. and Kendrick Pryor are both 4.4 dudes who have done good things in camp but haven't really flashed in preseason games

Those are the most noteworthy ones
Awesome, thank you! I'm rootin' for Parker Washington so I'm glad to hear his hands are good.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pimpcasso posted:

I feel like it's time to titan the gently caress up imo
Nah

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BiggerBoat posted:

I told everybody that Stroud was the safe pick in this draft but no one listened.
I was with you. I'm not happy that he is on the Texans.

Intruder posted:

stroud rules, dell rules

feeling good about 2024. and I can even enjoy watching a win (potentially, not counting my eggs just yet) without worrying about draft positioning because they don't have a first anyway!
Dont the Texans still have another Browns first and like... 5th or something coming up next year?

Kirios posted:

Texans losing out on the #1 pick has weirdly worked out beautifully. They would have taken Young #1 and so far Stroud looks like the clearly superior QB in the NFL.

Texans fans - we owe Lovie Smith an apology.
A friend posted this:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Yeah but the Texans winning doesn't hurt that pick so I can just root against the Browns instead like god intended
:hmmyes:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

As a Jaguars fan I hate that Stroud is looking so good. That TD throw to Nico Collins late in the game was insanely beautiful.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Crossposting that TD throw because holy moly
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1708571444911763907

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah but I think they need to get another WR. Like if they think they won't be bad enough to draft MHJ, I wonder if they try and trade for McLaurin or Higgins.

I also haven't looked at the JT contract and am happy to get him back so long as it's not a killer. Moss looked good but I don't think he can carry the load the whole season and there were no other RB options behind him. JT and Moss will be a solid combo.
Not to nitpick but Tee is going to be a FA after this season. There is speculation that the Bengos may trade him if they continue to be rear end but I dont believe it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BiggerBoat posted:

Gonna cross post this from the NFCE thread if that's OK. Involves an epiphany I had watching the Jags v NO game on thursday

This past weekend I finally realized that I think I'm done with watching live NFL football. Thursday night really fertilized the seed because I'm trying to watch Jaguars v Saints and at least half of what I wound up watching were ads for beer, cars, medicine, fast food, etc. Or at least it felt like it. Last night's game was a similar experience.

There are just way WAY too many commercials to hold my interest for that long and many times, we get:

1. Offensive play, booth review, commercial
2. Play overturned, new play, end of quarter, commercial
3. 4th down now, successful FG, commercial
4. Kickoff, player down on the field, commercial
5. 3 plays, punt, TV timeout/commercial
6. 2 plays, two minute warning, commercial

It's horrible and no fun. Made me want to really scientifically measure how much time I was spending watching ads versus actually watching the game I enjoy so much. Almost always, what I do now is watch 20-30 minute recaps that show me everything I need to know or, if I really want to watch a live game, pause it and allow it to buffer then go back and watch a quarter where I FF the ads.

If I'm at a sports bar with my friends it's not as much of a big deal but I HATE advertising in almost every form and these broadcasts are polluted with it. People say baseball is slow (and it is) but most times I can at least watch an inning uninterrupted and the time between them is like 60-90 seconds or something.

Also, the continued failure to do anything about cleaning up the officiating detracts from the experience and often decides a game I've invested 3.5 hours into. I'm an Eagles fan but GTFO with the idea that we committed ZERO penalties last night. My job involves "refereeing" to a degree and not only am I rigorously trained to do it well, the emphasis is always on getting it right and I'm called out when I gently caress up or taken off certain "games". This past weekend in particular was a plethora of terrible officiating and it just goes on and on.
I watch on my computer. I watch Redzone on Sunday afternoons and mainly just watch that, but sometimes also play a slow paced videogame. For TNF, SNF, and MNF, whenever I watch, I watch at my computer and play videogames while doing it because gently caress commercials. If I can watch with people, great, but with a toddler and a newborn on the way I have accepted my fate.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1719417799955698066

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Will Levis bust

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Was Levis's only turnover that game-sealing Int? Because if it was, that is a minor miracle. Every time I bothered to look at the game, Levis was either dodging a defender in the pocket, running for his life, or getting hit.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This is going to sound lame but I'm glad I have a share of Stroud in a dynasty fantasy football league so I have a reason to root for a fun player that happens to be a division rival.

EvilBeard posted:

His arm isn't bad, it's just not elite. He doesn't have poor physical tools, he just has no elite tools.
lol
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1708571444911763907

30 air yards and the ball is placed perfectly in the WRs hands for a catch and run.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EvilBeard posted:

His arm is better than your reading.
So his arm is elite, got it! Because that was definitely not me saying you're wrong about his arm not being elite. Uh huh, yeah.

edit: like yeah I could have been more clear when I posted the tweet but come on, I was not making a personal attack and that was not necessary.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 6, 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

For the big man TD I am going to do something I normally would not do...

BIG JEFF

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Congrats Titans fans
https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1731735076369473911?s=20

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kirios posted:

Kids please stop shouting BIG JEFF at the back of the AFC South bus.
I read this as "AFC Short bus".

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

wish I would be relieved of my life
Hell, same.

Soul Glo posted:

i dont know, he seems kinda hosed up and they made him walk like this to the locker room, lmao jags what are you doing

https://x.com/BussinWTB/status/1731885271300387236?s=20
He didnt want a cart.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Jags have to give Atlanta a higher pick if they re-sign Ridley. If they arent feeling great about him I could see them letting him walk to save the money and the pick.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't think Jeff Fisher loves Jeff Fisher.
That doesnt stop Titans fans.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

I love it and hope it cascades into more pain for the jags
Rude!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kirios posted:

Just embrace the bad
Amen brother.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Levis (knee) Bust(ed)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/ryanmc23/status/1736518895031202167

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EvilBeard posted:

I prefer my QB to be able to hold a football.
Honestly, very overrated.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The whole Jaguars organization is awful rear end and I hate it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Holy hell Jaguars.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Probably Magic posted:

Don't the Niners have a pretty good o-line? Good enough where people can say poo poo like Brock Purdy's a system quarterback, at least.
Its mediocre at best except for Trent Williams who is absolute monster at LT. Like... Trent Williams should be getting considered for MVP. He is insanely good.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fire... Press Taylor? Doug Pederson for employing Press Taylor? I dont even know anymore.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/nflonfox/status/1740802613636169978?s=46&t=tXZqz7ag4o4wHOrfeMA-gw
Damnit Titans!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He looks like a twelve year old.

I mostly just want a coach who isn’t named Mike.
Jim Bob Cooter it is.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

lol Titans

Mega64 posted:

The Aiden O'Connell fans are going to be furious.
I am one of them and you're right!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Panthers rejected the Jaguars’ request to interview Ejiro Evero for the open DC position.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

Based on the HC thread it's because he's got a decent shot at their HC position.
Tepper would never hire him, and hopefully Evero is smart enough to not take the job.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm going to say it...

Its going to hurt...

GO TEXANS, BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Codependent Poster posted: