Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

I am not, because she's cute and we're selfie besties

It does make me question if Playable Sam will be the armor or the girl. I think Sam's armor is kind of boring so I hope just the girl

Good news it's both. She starts off in normal form, and that's who you'll run around as, but her ult is a henshin. She also dual wields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Eimi posted:

Good news it's both. She starts off in normal form, and that's who you'll run around as, but her ult is a henshin. She also dual wields.

Guaranteed roll. I need.

How does this game have so many good characters in it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eimi posted:

He is a very good shielder at all eidolon levels, so while you can't really make him a star, he can be a key team player. Full sp positivity may be locked behind his e1 though, I don't know how it feels not actively pressing his shield.

You can try it out yourself. Ratio and Topaz is infinite shields with Trial Aventurine. One FUA character should also give you infinite shields for most fights too. His stacks rocket up from AOEs but he only gets one if you get punched really hard in one character so No FUA characters, single target enemies is his weakness.

e: Even Kafka is enough I think to keep him positive

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

Yeah I basically half expected him to switch paths and become a Self Annihilator right there because it sounded like Acheron convinced him to look at his life differently. As you say he doesn't really see much meaning in life because everyone is bound to die but she straight up said there is no meaning in death, only in all the moments that lead up to it.

Hate be the bearer of bad news here but DPS Aventurine is a toy for the rich. He doesn't do real dps until like E6.

I'm slowly learning that most supports should be built for damage. As often as he procs his follow-ups, it couldn't hurt to put some crit damage on him as long as his shields are beefy enough. Plus, I already have a full defense Knight set sitting on Gepard. I lose nothing but time farming this.

I also plan on maxing Hanya's skill and building her for a dps as well. Also, Harmony trailblazer and maybe Robin.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I do hope Sam is 2.4 somehow, but it's looking very much like he's gonna be in 2.3, possibly first half even. Feels like they'd want him to headline a patch.

Boothill into Sam is gonna be really rough on my jades especially since I potentially also want their LCs/Eidolons

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Eej posted:

You can try it out yourself. Ratio and Topaz is infinite shields with Trial Aventurine. One FUA character should also give you infinite shields for most fights too. His stacks rocket up from AOEs but he only gets one if you get punched really hard in one character so No FUA characters, single target enemies is his weakness.

e: Even Kafka is enough I think to keep him positive

Ah. Here I was thinking he'd be good with Acheron but if he really needs FUA chars, that changes some things. I didn't think the normal mobs in his zone were hard enough to really be a proper test and I can't replay that section, can I?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Stellaron Hunters are my buds

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eimi posted:

Ah. Here I was thinking he'd be good with Acheron but if he really needs FUA chars, that changes some things. I didn't think the normal mobs in his zone were hard enough to really be a proper test and I can't replay that section, can I?

In a FUA-less team I think you just have to suck it up and press his skill sometimes. He doesn't get stacks if an unshielded person is hit so you gotta pay attention. The Chest Guardian monsters were probably the ones that you could test his sustain against but if you're past those sections then that ship has sailed.

Bad Video Games posted:

I'm slowly learning that most supports should be built for damage. As often as he procs his follow-ups, it couldn't hurt to put some crit damage on him as long as his shields are beefy enough. Plus, I already have a full defense Knight set sitting on Gepard. I lose nothing but time farming this.

I also plan on maxing Hanya's skill and building her for a dps as well. Also, Harmony trailblazer and maybe Robin.

Yeah you are incentivized to stack Def, Speed (only 3 stacks from FUA per Aventurine turn) and CDMG on him. Just giving you the heads up now not to expect really big numbers out of him at E0S0.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
i'm aiming for Adventurine because i went all in on FUA.
topaz, dr.ratio,clara,blade are my best characters

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

In a FUA-less team I think you just have to suck it up and press his skill sometimes. He doesn't get stacks if an unshielded person is hit so you gotta pay attention. The Chest Guardian monsters were probably the ones that you could test his sustain against but if you're past those sections then that ship has sailed.

Yeah you are incentivized to stack Def, Speed (only 3 stacks from FUA per Aventurine turn) and CDMG on him. Just giving you the heads up now not to expect really big numbers out of him at E0S0.

Oh yeah, no. Initially, I was just going to throw my full defense set on him and call it done. But after being able to actually use him, he wants to be built as a sub dps like Asta. It shouldn't be impossible to get a free 30% crit rate on him. It's really just a question of if I should go Belobog or Broken Keel for his planar set, but that's going to depend on what I get with his 4 piece set. It's going to be weird farming for crit defense pieces. :)

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Is there a good place to check for upcoming gear tips without risking story spoilers, or just ask here? Prydwen doesn’t put things up in advance.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I really need them to release a flop character I don’t want because goddamn give me some time to save.

Question re: Fire TB vs. Gallagher - anyone have a built Fire TB and run with Acheron? I realized my Trends is r4 and I never built it, so I leveled it up but my Fire TB is only lvl 51/60 with lvl 7/12 traces (e5 so I apparently missed an eidolon somewhere).

Does she get to the point that you’re not taking damage or is it essentially a race to finish before you die/kill the enemy quickly? I put March’s defense gear on her and tried her in the new artifact domain to farm for Acheron, and she keeps everyone alive just fine, but the shield is so small that the team did take damage. That’s not even hard content though, but I know her level and traces aren’t going to give me a real idea of her potential though.

I’m mainly wondering because I have e4 unbuilt Gallagher but Acheron is going to monopolize my fuel for a while. Her traces are at 7/7/8 ult with major traces unlocked but still need her higher level stat traces, and my artifact luck has been terrible (I have her using the quantum set and Saletto for now) so I have days worth of fuel she will be taking even discounting artifact grinding. She’s already doing more insane damage than I’ve ever seen outside of SU schenanigans but I would like to work on her more, and Fire TB is a closer to built than Gallagher (lvl 20) since March’s def relics are pretty good.

I don’t have Fu Xuan, Huohuo is my best healer but she doesn’t fit in the Acheron dream team, March 7th doesn’t solo sustain general content well (I don’t want to have to go to the backpack to use heal items all the time), Bailu/Lynx I always avoid except out of necessity for second teams.

If Fire TB isn’t what I’m looking for, what investment level does Gallagher need to do the job? I can give him Huohuo’s LC to help healing since there are a lot of ults running Acheron/Sparkle/Pela so maybe he has an earlier stopping point than I am guessing which would make it not too bad (compared to getting Fire TB to high investment from lvl 51, which I’m guessing she needs).

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

coolusername posted:

Is there a good place to check for upcoming gear tips without risking story spoilers, or just ask here? Prydwen doesn’t put things up in advance.

https://hsr7.hakush.in/ is the only place really putting up beta data, and it's a "spoiler" in the sense that you'll know what poo poo is coming.

e: FireMC is a race. They are a tank in a game with a shitload of AoE attacks, they do not sustain well. If they can taunt and it's all single target poo poo they are amazing, because they have a ton of built in damage reduction, but their shields are just not good. And the thing about shielders versus healers is that with a shielder when you lose health it's just gone. They can certainly drop a lot of stacks for Acheron if they do start taking hits though.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 28, 2024

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Public service announcement for people who haven't started the MSQ yet, they forgot to add the following to the cutscene early on once you go back to the golden hour so I'm doing hoyo a solid and doing it for them

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Eej posted:

Yeah I basically half expected him to switch paths and become a Self Annihilator right there because it sounded like Acheron convinced him to look at his life differently. As you say he doesn't really see much meaning in life because everyone is bound to die but she straight up said there is no meaning in death, only in all the moments that lead up to it.

Not really how it works, especially with IX. IX doesn't actively gaze at or bestow powers on anyone, you just sort of end up with them if it passes close enough by you and you're not unmade by its very presence, or something. But even in that case while you're technically an Emanator you're also sort of falling apart at the seams because, well, Nihility.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gallagher is very good, but he pretty much needs every trace at max and specific gear. His heals are flat numbers, and you need a decent amount of break effect to get those numbers higher. Mine is still very much a work in progress, and I'm out of every single resource, so he's not going to be ready for the next Pure Fiction. He'll be good to go when MoC resets, though.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
kind of getting sick of these room/wall puzzles honestly lol.
it was fine the first half but its now its argh let it be over

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Gallagher also gets a LOT out of his eidolons. E4 in particular makes him so much more capable as a healer. Before that it can be tricky to solo sustain MoC 12 with him. For a 4* though his numbers are there, which is interesting given he's only working off flat healing.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

With E1 and his traces he also has 78% Effect RES for free. It's gonna be very easy to make him completely immune to debuffs, which makes me kinda wish he'd gotten some type of aggro mechanic, especially with how fast he can heal himself with his LC

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

GateOfD posted:

kind of getting sick of these room/wall puzzles honestly lol.
it was fine the first half but its now its argh let it be over

Yeah, I hope that's not going to be a thing for the entire planet.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Some non-Jade producing codes (just some credits and random stuff)

MOREPEACH

0327Carnival

HSR1YEAR

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Not really how it works, especially with IX. IX doesn't actively gaze at or bestow powers on anyone, you just sort of end up with them if it passes close enough by you and you're not unmade by its very presence, or something. But even in that case while you're technically an Emanator you're also sort of falling apart at the seams because, well, Nihility.

AFAIK Self Annihilators are not Emanators, they're just people who saw IX and it gave them existential sadbrains and they manifest Nihility powers because of it (amongst other side effects). I just figure you know, they're literally looking at a representation of IX when they're standing in... uh, Acheron's sword deathspace? I meant more that Acheron's path of Nihility, that the end comes for all and is inevitable but the journey is what you make of it, seems to resonate with Aventurine's view on life.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
PSA: If you wanna get the Forgotten Hall/PF Nameless tasks done quickly you can just replay Stage 1 of the latest MoC/PF over and over. You actually don't even have to do MoC. One of the evergreen FH stages will work too.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Eej posted:

AFAIK Self Annihilators are not Emanators, they're just people who saw IX and it gave them existential sadbrains and they manifest Nihility powers because of it (amongst other side effects). I just figure you know, they're literally looking at a representation of IX when they're standing in... uh, Acheron's sword deathspace? I meant more that Acheron's path of Nihility, that the end comes for all and is inevitable but the journey is what you make of it, seems to resonate with Aventurine's view on life.

Literally every lore thing in the game that mentions them explains that Self-Annihilators are the closest thing to Emanators of Nihility that exist because Ix would never intentionally make an Emanator. People in universe generally recognise a Self-Annihilator as an Emanator, it's just that Nihility is a weird as gently caress path..

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Speaking of lore, I just now noticed that they've added more database entries since I last looked (which was like, launch). There's even a Self-Annihilator entry now! And also this (2.1 patch story spoilers):

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Lord_Magmar posted:

Literally every lore thing in the game that mentions them explains that Self-Annihilators are the closest thing to Emanators of Nihility that exist because Ix would never intentionally make an Emanator. People in universe generally recognise a Self-Annihilator as an Emanator, it's just that Nihility is a weird as gently caress path..

I think it makes sense that there's a distinction, because in Acheron's flashback the unknown voice also says that Xipe does not glance at humans either (unless I horribly misread this in my long marathon), it merely sets patterns down for people to follow onto its path. Nihility and Harmony are set up as polar opposites of each other but the Aeons are similar in that they don't glance at humans. IX doesn't glance because doesn't care enough to do it while I assume Xipe doesn't glance at humans because that would mean elevating an individual above the whole. Either way, neither of them truly elevate mortals to the standard of Emanator so the most powerful path followers are functionally Emanators in power but without the context of being a representative of a godly being.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Eej posted:

I think it makes sense that there's a distinction, because in Acheron's flashback the unknown voice also says that Xipe does not glance at humans either (unless I horribly misread this in my long marathon)

You misread, it was about IX.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Gallagher...

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Uhh, aren't trial characters E0 and mediocre gear most of the time? Because Acheron's trial was hitting for 300k multiple times, at E0 in mediocre gear? Does she really put Imbibitor Lunae to shame?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Mine isn't really tuned up, and I haven't put her up against bosses, but she can drop 100k by existing. I imagine if I actually get a Pela debuff and real gear and max Traces going on that the number will be....impressive.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Chocobo posted:

Uhh, aren't trial characters E0 and mediocre gear most of the time? Because Acheron's trial was hitting for 300k multiple times, at E0 in mediocre gear? Does she really put Imbibitor Lunae to shame?

She really is that busted yes. Getting a consistent 500k isn’t uncommon with her. At E2, it’s perfectly possible for her to do 3 million damage per ultimate with a nearly 1 turn ultimate cycle in the SU and 1-1.5 million normally.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Mar 28, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mulva posted:

You misread, it was about IX.

Gotcha, thanks. Okay, so my take on Self Annihilators is wrong then.

Major EN Translation Omission though: The English script drops the fact that Gallagher is on the path of Enigmata For those who haven't done G&G yet, Mythus the Aeon of Enigmata has a rivalry with Nous. Nous has calculated all of existence and Mythus wants to upend all of that and sabotage any predictions Nous has made in order to create a future that is truly unknowable.

Eej fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 28, 2024

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!

Bad Video Games posted:

Trend of the Universal Market. It's a 4 star Preservation cone. Everyone got 1 copy for free in Belobog. It puts a burn on the enemy every time the character holding it is attacked. It's the vest cone for Fireblazer or Gepard on Acheron's team.

You happen to know where in Belebog you get it? I've been playing since release, and I still don't have Trends :(

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

People are hyping Acheron (much deserved) but I’m finding trial Aventurine to also be really friggin good. Haven’t started using tickets this patch but if I lose the Acheron 50/50 I’m not going to feel bad using the guarantee on him. And I don’t even have Topaz yet

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

PerOlus posted:

You happen to know where in Belebog you get it? I've been playing since release, and I still don't have Trends :(

It's entirely possible I confused it for another light cone, but I was convinced we got it as a mission reward in Belobog. I know we got Serval's cone that way. Maybe I've just had it for so long I convinced myself it was free? Now I'm not sure.

I even tried googling it, but that tells me nothing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Eej posted:

Gotcha, thanks. Okay, so my take on Self Annihilators is wrong then.

Major EN Translation Omission though: The English script drops the fact that Gallagher is on the path of Enigmata For those who haven't done G&G yet, Mythus the Aeon of Enigmata has a rivalry with Nous. Nous has calculated all of existence and Mythus wants to upend all of that and sabotage any predictions Nous has made in order to create a future that is truly unknowable.

The faction of Enigmata worshippers that gets mentioned most regularly are the History Fictionologists, who make it their mission to obscure or falsify any objective records and thus destroy the concept of a singular truth. Apparently they're considered as dangerous as the Antimatter Legion for their destruction of culture, truth, and reality itself.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
The Sterling luck I've had the last six months on FGO, Genshin and Star Rail finally ran out.

My last banner pull prior to this got me Black Swan so I was starting totally from scratch. Went to pity on Acheron's banner, got my 4th Gepard than had to go to pity again to get her.

Then I went to pity again on Luochoa's and got my first Bailu, 30 pulls more and ran out of jade for the first time since launch day. I'm determined to get luocha still, so grinding out whatever jade i can between now and then plus Welkins should get me pretty close to pity for worst case scenarios. Managed to e6 Dan and Gallagher along the way, pulled a lot of Pela's but she was already at e6.

So is Bailu worth doing much with? Stuff I read indicates she's kind of powercrept out of usage. I have a decent Fu Xuan so I don't even use healers that much, I have Lynx, Natasha and Gallagher all at e6 though.Is Bailu at e0 competitive with those three, or are there specific applications she'd be better used in than any of them?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chocobo posted:

acheron's limiter that her eidolons/lc remove is her team building considerations, not her damage. if you have 2 nihilities and a team that can manage 6 debuffs consistently, e0 acheron without her signature lightcone does more damage than e6 jingliu. the issue acheron faces is that there are very few teams that can support that, and they usually have less sustain or tighter action economy.

for instance, the easiest team that can manage that is probably acheron/silver wolf/pela/fu xuan. but pela or silver wolf needs resolution shines as pearls of sweat, which means whichever one is carrying it doesn't have an effect hit rate cone, which impacts how good you need their relics to be. silver wolf's bugs are also a bit RNG. fu xuan also wants trends, but there's no taunt in her kit, so you're just kinda hoping enemies smack her - and again raises her relic requirements if you want to increase her sustain. and of course, it uses 2 limited five stars, and a very good 4*.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 28, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Sooper Gila posted:

So is Bailu worth doing much with? Stuff I read indicates she's kind of powercrept out of usage. I have a decent Fu Xuan so I don't even use healers that much, I have Lynx, Natasha and Gallagher all at e6 though.Is Bailu at e0 competitive with those three, or are there specific applications she'd be better used in than any of them?

The thing is that Bailu's kit is extremely vanilla with zero utility, so there aren't really any "specific applications" she'd be good at. Lynx is a budget Huohuo who can clear debuffs regularly and has some niche synergy with Blade. Gallagher's got offensive applications against Fire-weak enemies, brings debuffs for characters that care about them, and has a bazillion Effect RES. Bailu's better than Natasha probably but that's a low bar (and I personally think with E4 and S5 Post-Op Natasha's better anyway). The one unique thing Bailu has (the one-time revive) is something you shouldn't need with a properly built sustain, and her RNG heal E doesn't help matters.

I think she's just kinda designed to be a crutch sustain unit for the start of the game/players who don't have other options. If you have FX and are getting Luocha I don't think Bailu's got anything to offer you really.

I fully admit I'm the resident Bailu hater though so take my words as you will

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Got Acheron (and Gallagher!) in 20 tickets and now I get to think really hard about trying for either her LC (wow, but it's not a new character) or Adventurine (wow, but god I'm already drowning in characters I need to build) this patch. But for the time being I think that:

Acheron with S3 GNSW
Gepard with trends of market
Pela
Gui (have to build)

should suit me quite well while I dither over the question during the course of the banner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

The thing is that Bailu's kit is extremely vanilla with zero utility, so there aren't really any "specific applications" she'd be good at. Lynx is a budget Huohuo who can clear debuffs regularly and has some niche synergy with Blade. Gallagher's got offensive applications against Fire-weak enemies, brings debuffs for characters that care about them, and has a bazillion Effect RES. Bailu's better than Natasha probably but that's a low bar (and I personally think with E4 and S5 Post-Op Natasha's better anyway). The one unique thing Bailu has (the one-time revive) is something you shouldn't need with a properly built sustain, and her RNG heal E doesn't help matters.

I think she's just kinda designed to be a crutch sustain unit for the start of the game/players who don't have other options. If you have FX and are getting Luocha I don't think Bailu's got anything to offer you really.

I fully admit I'm the resident Bailu hater though so take my words as you will

As a Bailu liker this isn't really wrong. I don't think the lack of cleanse is as crippling as people day, but regardless, you can't sustain the team with her ult alone and you will be dipping into the sp and that healing and rez is all she offers. I'll still use her occasionally, especially if the content is hard enough to justify a rez, but she's far behind the other 5* sustains.

Still a world better than Nat though.