Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I played this during closed beta. It's good. Can't wait for the launch.

Well I guess I'll have to wait, actually. Tick tock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ruby Prism posted:

Is it just me or wouldn't it make more sense to swap the roles for Erudition and Destruction?

Would that be benificent?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Boris Galerkin posted:

Do I need to pre-register to get first day bonuses or can I be lazy and not do that

Click the button and find out. I don't think so but also I don't remember.

Fun fact: deleting the beta also deletes the launch client. So do that first before downloading. (its only ~10gb though so no big deal)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
In my first free 10-pull I got the 5 star destruction Clara. I think I'm off to a good start.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GoodluckJonathan posted:

This is basically a single player game, right? What's the rush? I played Genshin for a couple days but didn't get very far. Is there any sort of competitive mode in the endgame?

Endorphins.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well Himeko fell into my collection after about 60 pulls on the standard banner (whoohoo) so I guess I'll buy her 5 star weapon with pity tokens, eventually.

Really going to need a second healer eventually. Natasha is great for free but you know how it is.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Not quite that immediately, but I got Seele early so i'm sitting on ~20 express tickets and ~15000 jade.

If you don't mind gambling and want to hyper invest in Seele, her light cone is pretty slick. Will probably mean missing out on next_banner_character unless you get lucky though, so there's that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

sushibandit posted:

Oh man I severely underestimated just how expensive it is to level literally anything past 50. This is gonna be a grind. Added info to spreadsheet as well.

Regarding "break effect" the wording is unclear. Does this apply to "damage dealt (at time of breaking)" and "dot damage (while the enemy is broken)" and "how much the enemy is delayed (by a break)"?

Or are the dot and delay sections global, and apply outside of the enemy being broken?

Welp. I hosed up with one of my light cone upgrade picks!

Oh well, time to upgrade one of the other ones.

(also thanks for the post)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Unrelatedly, everyone is assuming the next MC form will be The Hunt because we're on the Huntboat, but I think it would be very funny if we ended up getting Abundance instead. Might work out better in terms of roles too, unless they suddenly add a ton of healers so we're not all forced to rely on Natasha or pull specific 5 stars.

I would be extremely happy if MC becomes one of those.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm hoping that whatever the MC ends up becoming next, that follow-up attacks are part of their kit so that everyone can enjoy Elation builds in SU.

I'm building MC as a shielder because I find that function is absolutely starting to get needed (level 60) and its MC or March and March simply just isn't a reliable hate magnet. Great character otherwise.

Clara + March however is a team core I definitely want to build eventually.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

I find March's shield-taunt more reliable than the MC's taunt, personally. MC can simply miss, or maybe get lapped by fast enough enemies so the taunt falls off. Or adds get summoned, etc etc.

Maybe. My half built fire MC almost got me through a certain boss fight I struggled with before so once I finish building out the relics & such I feel okay about it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

acumen posted:

Yeah sounds like she got nerfed and Luocha got buffed before their real release and now I'm torn

Same. Best to wait a week after banner release for the youtube theorycrafters to math it out.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

stuff like xianshou make it clear that time is an absurd thousands of years scale, too, and they already came from a highly capable spacefaring civilization (that they then forgot about) so himeko might not know earth by way it being long since gone and irrelevant

Earth? Oh you mean interstellar garbage world 7. Yeah the galaxy dumps all its broken TVs and kitchen rubbish there, from orbit. No native life apart from the cockroach people.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the unstoppable Herrschrr of ultimate destruction. Woe to you all.

(slips on banana peel, falls down stairs, breaks neck)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Luocha. If Natasha is currently your only healer, I think Luocha will probably offer a lot more power to your account than adding additional supports or damage dealers, especially in Forgotten Hall/Memory of Chaos.

Luocha is going to be a skill point hog. I think.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

FractalSandwich posted:

This might be harder to notice on a phone, but playing on a PC it's very obvious that the view of Belobog out the big window at the front of the hotel is a janky 2D impostor. The big domed building on the left and the stairs down to the cable car are both visible as expected:

...but Qlipoth Fort is mysteriously missing from the skyline:

No idea what that's about. It is present in the fake reflections in the windows of other buildings outside, though!

We should demand Hoyo implement mandatory raytracing overdrive immediately to resolve this.

I want mobile phones that run hotter than the sun.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

The final phase of SU5 Kafka kicked my rear end

I'm humbled

Same. I failed a few times until I got the right combo of path drops on the way. It all came down to shields, more shields, a shitload of shields and a lot of cleanses.

Didn't help I was brute forcing the fight with none of the right elements because I was stubborn.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Boris Galerkin posted:

That would be the job of the engineer to steer you into the sun. The conductor is just the person that walks down the train to check your tickets.

Nobody wants to be Indiana Jones thrown out the door mid flight.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I want Silver Wolf in a few weeks so I can learn the way of the DOT but I also wanted to blow 40 saved wishes (no more, absolute limit) on the new banner. You never know, plus I didn't have Sushang. All from a position of zero pity (last banner wish result was Seele)

Natasha dupe
March 7th dupe
Some wierdo called Jing Yuan who the gently caress is this
Sushang (finally!)

Good result.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

Silver Wolf isn't a DoT character - you're thinking of Kafka, who won't be coming until 1.2.

Ah cheers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

beep, beep, beep

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP

I was very glad when I handed that piece of space junk off to Asta.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kirbysuperstar posted:

pulling for weapons sucks rear end

Yeah.

They're better than 4 star ones but not by enough to change the gameplay experience. Only pull for weapons if you are absolutely positively sure you want to hyper invest in a single character to the point you want to build a whole team around them and also don't mind burning cash on slightly bigger numbers.

In which case go nuts.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

homeless snail posted:

No matter how high your stats are can't make up for a bad personality. And thats why Sampo is on the bottom of my tier list.

I didn't like Sampo when we first met him but he definitely proved himself later and the voice acting work is excellent.

Loveable rogue who's good with kids and heart of gold. Plus the amount of times he drags you off to the medical clinic is quite something.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

The battle system is so asymmetrical that it's unclear how that would even work.

PVP coffee making minigame unrelated to any other game mechanics and have to satisfy the pallette of the belobog commuters before they start work at the factory that makes socks for all the guards.

Oh no you didn't get enough froth of your cappucino, sorry you lose. Chocolate sprinkles won't save you now.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Excelzior posted:

competitive Pom-Pom cheering up

This is a very wholesome idea and I think it could be great if implemented well.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I auto'd the SU boss fight with Kafka, just intervening occasionally to tap the abundance dewdrop button for the cleanse.

Worlds 3, 4 and 6 I don't bother to intervene with. edit - The biggest realisation for me was how much of a difference the right path for your team is.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 30, 2023

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well I now have 2 level 80s with level 80 light cones in my primary team. That was certainly a chunk of resources.

acumen posted:

Seele/SW/(Bronya or Ting)/healer is probably one of the most optimal team comps at this point

Seele / SW / Ting / Natasha is what I've been using. Pretty strong... in the current content. I have no doubt when we go to space japan or whatever comes after space china we'll be pushed into using lightning, ice or fire teams rather than quantum.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I have a bit over a hundred effect hit on SW. Too much? Not enough? Idk, seems to work well enough. Relics are all only +12 though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Walla posted:

Something I just found out the hard way. You can lock yourself out of collecting every reward from the museum event. I've got 2 events that I'm unable to complete and now I'm missing 120,000 credits, 8 upgrade mats and 100 jade. poo poo.

Check your quest tab. I did the same and the quests were just waiting for me there.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Walla posted:

Under limited time rewards for the quest. I accidentally maxed out my management score before unlocking the last operational objective and upgrading one of the halls. Now I'm kicked out of the management minigame and can't complete it.

It might be a little large. I'm on mobile and can't really edit it very well.

No no I mean your regular quest log. Press J on PC.

Not the management interface.

That's where the leftover museum stuff was lurking.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Walla posted:

I understand that. All of those quests are done. These rewards are specifically tied to the museum management minigame, which I'm no longer capable of doing.

Hmm. When I finished the museum management game and was then locked out of the management interface I found the quests I hadn't received yet just waiting for me in the quest tab and was thus able to 100% after doing the last 2. No notice or anything, just found them sitting there.

Was on PC. Asia server. Maybe we have a version difference.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jabor posted:

My dude he is not talking about the "quests" that involve you running around in the world to retrieve something for a display case, he is talking about the time-limited rewards that you get for upgrading one wing of the museum to a particular level

Okay I'm just misunderstanding completely. Sorry.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Spent it all farming ascension mats for everybody.

Same! Although I spent the last 2 farming space money because I was totally out. I figure its about the same thing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any value to going all eruditon or destruction plus a healer later for the off-team or is that a bad brains terrible no stop don't do it sort of thing?

I'm just not sure how not having a dedicated single target character goes.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

It was wasn't it?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well I now seem to be up to a eidolon 1 Yanqing along with his signature lightcone, itself superimposition 1. I think the game is telling me I'm supposed to build him. Like, a lot. Yes Hoyo, when I'm good and ready thank you.

Getting other characters and light cones would be nice though, if that would actually happen.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Walla posted:

Ok, gently caress Kafka. I also need more levels/better gear, so I think I need to get my supports in order and start grinding relics. Levels and traces have taken me as far as they can.

Path of abundance and the sub-path that cleanses all your debuffs when you use the big dewdrop should see you through. I feel your pain. I first beat Kaftka without that and it was certainly not the correct way given how hard it was.

I kind of feel you're talking more about banner angst though. Don't worry, everything gets re-run at some point. Take everything at your own pace, its the correct pace.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The great thing about being worried about powercreep is it means you stick with your starting characters, never pull for anything and hope that whatever comes out in 3 years is your dream team.

Or you can just pull right now for the characters you think are "neat", slap them into a team and enjoy the game. Either way you'll be happy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tagichatn posted:

I know people are jonesing for the mono quantum team but fu xuan and Lynx seem like overkill. I bet fu xuan can solo sustain no problem. We need a quantum harmony now.

Having hit trailblazer 65 recently I'm re-evaluating the viability of glass cannon teams entirely. More sustain more better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pain of Mind posted:

There is a Seele on my friends list who has E5 and has not played for a month. Money well spent.

Must have gone back to their job on the oil rig which they must have.