Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It's insisting that Europe, rather than America, is the optimal server for me despite my stateside location. Any major repercussions if I choose one or the other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

house of the dad posted:

I'm looking forward to playing this game like I played Genshin: obsessively for a month and a half, waste $60 to get a busted 5 star (Ganyu), and then immediately quit

Honestly, minus the $60, I expect the same? Because this is what I end up doing with many an online RPG -- play until I've exhausted the existing story, run laps around content for a while gathering resources and leveling units, get tired of running laps and fall off. Definitely what happened with Genshin for me.

But the short-term serotonin rush works, at least until I need that 7GB of space back.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
So far, I've pulled Asta, Hook, Natasha and Serval. One more batch of 8 to go to get the guaranteed 5* from the beginner banner.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My inner MSTie is showing. Bring me the SAMPO!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
50th pull was Bailu. So, apparently, there are two healers in the game and I got them both.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I certainly learned quite a bit about dumpsters and their motives today.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I unlocked Qingque this morning, and I'm not sold on her yet. Seems like a big random factor to her abilities, though having access to yet another element is nice.

The nice thing about this being early stages is that I can take the time to level up characters I didn't use much the first time through and see what they can do.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If anyone wants a healer buddy, add Dogtoucher at 600030776. Might as well help get the goon friend train running.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Endorph posted:

Seele is good, but the next character is an extremely strong AOE damage dealer, and their banner also has Tingyun and Sushang on it, two of the best 4*s. So up to you, roll for who you want.

So, level up the Sushang I pulled yesterday. Gotcha. I see that she smushes enemies with a giant leaping chicken, and ordinarily that's more than good enough for me, but what else does she bring to the table?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Looks like I should be able to reach 24 if I can figure out how to trigger either the Hook's Gift or Blizzard Immunity companion quest.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Okay, back into the overworld I go (never mind that I could have teleported back to the Administrative District at any time), and maybe you have a point with this Sushang thing. I buffed her up all the way, and didn't really expect that a specific enemy in full plate armor would be Physical-vulnerable, but he was and she just smacked the poo poo out of him.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

TV Zombie posted:

Is there a guide yet for which cards are best for which characters?

I’m also pleading for hoyo to give me characters and not so many cards

Odd as it may sound... you kind of do and don't want that?

In the early stages, yeah, getting new and different characters widens your options greatly. But you're also going to hit a point quickly where you can either invest in buffing your core team, or invest in building up a bunch of other characters that you're not using, and the former is the better option.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm having fun with the Simulated Universe, but World 3 will be a tough nut to crack before Trail 30 lets me lift the level cap again.

I'm about 2500 exp away from 29 and the next destination. Am I right that there's nothing in the repeatables that grants exp but doesn't cost trailblazer energy?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

UHD posted:

oh my god qingque is so good

Until you burn all five skill points and still don't get a Hidden Hand.

Pulled a Pela while YOLOing today, and so far I'm more impressed by her.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Dryzen posted:

someone showed me how powerful stacking freeze with remembrance blessings is which let me get this down way easier than I expected :toot:

Care to explain? I'm freshly into level 50-land, building up my relics and light cones accordingly, but I can't clear World 3. Gepard gets to Phase 3, nothing can touch him and his meaty chums, Bailu can't keep up with the healing and they just pick me apart every time.

Using Sushang / Bailu / Pela / wildcard (generally FireMC or Serval)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Clarste posted:

Choose Path of Remembrance, keep everything frozen 24-7 until they die. Doesn't work in World 4 because the boss is immune to freeze.

Once again, can you explain?

I've tried this a couple of times, with Pela on the team doing her best to keep Freeze up in between Path Resonances, but Frozen usually only lasts a turn or two. Gepard puts up a gigantic Shield For All buff in Phases 2 and 3, Pela can't remove it, and while it's up they just pelt everybody non-stop. Are there specific Remembrance Blessing or Path things that make that work much better?

One of the blessings I tried on my last attempt was one that split damage between all units; I tried that, hoping that MC's damage reduction would happen first and Bailu's heals could spread around evenly. Couldn't clear phase 2 with that.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Dryzen posted:

There’s defense reduction based on the difference in level between you and an enemy, so a higher level enemy is hard to deal damage to and also will beat your rear end.

...gently caress me running.

Welp, that's my next task.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, I leveled my core team up to 50 and finally managed to limp through Simulated World 3 once in eight tries, trying both ice and damage builds. It's easy sailing up until Gepard's boss waves, but if I don't manage to kill off at least one (and preferably both) of his sidekicks before Shield For All kicks in, I'm dead -- and the sidekicks in Phase 3 are very meaty.

I'm at TB 32 and waiting for 34 for the next missions to kick in. Core team is Sushang / FireMC / Pela / Bailu all at 50, March, Serval, Dan Heng and Qingque at 40 but limit-broken and waiting for leveling materials, Hook, Natasha and Natasha languishing in at-least-I-tried-them 20s-land, and Herta and Arlan untouched.

Small World 3 spoiler/protip: Once you start running into flunkies that are "mara-touched," they will revive once when they are killed and keep fighting -- but Pela can remove that buff so that, once they hit zero once, he's no fun, he fell right over.

delfin fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 30, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I tried FireMC / March / Pela / Bailu on World 3 just now, went Preservation, stacked up every blessing boosting/enhancing shields I could get and added one or two from Elation boosting March's follow-up attacks. To my surprise, I won. The Path Resonance definitely helped dramatically; it gives an effect called Amber that voids damage beyond what your shield can take for one hit.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Bruceski posted:

One tip I saw is to play defensively. Preservation and Rememberance are great for that and can really cut back on the damage you take. It's going to be slower but if you control the fight there's no time limit.

I _did_ find one exception to that. I was fighting one of the Automaton bosses (chainsaw robot), and hit a point during a long fight where it declared it was about to go Berzerk and dramatically increase damage inflicted.

And it so did.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
World 3 Big Bad (for now) Trip Report:

After the root-frying expedition, I came back to the Abundant Ebon Deer and got my rear end handed to me several times in a row. Even after pulling Seele from the banner last night and leveling her up to 46, she was good but not great against the enemies there.

I rejiggered some things and jacked her ATK as high as I could get it for now, which is 963. That made a fruitless battle seem a little bit more possible -- Seele taking out the Peach plants as they popped up, Pela freezing the healing vine and eventually killing it, FireMC chipping away and Bailu healing her tiny heart out. When the deer got to about 20%, March's voice popped up urging me to finish it off quickly, so I went for it...

...and the second peach spawned and the deer let loose its flaming death beam when it was at 1% health.

But somehow, Bailu survived, the only one of the four, on critical health, with no skill points available... and KICKED it to death.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The joy of unexpectedly pulling a 5* cone and then realizing that you have no one good to put it on.

(Something Irreplaceable, which is a Destruction best-in-slot for now, but my Destruction options are PhysMC (who's not getting used now), Hook, or Arlan at E0.)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

SerCypher posted:

Is it worth levelling Sanpo for wind over Dan Heng?

His abilities seem more interesting and for whatever reason I actually like the character from the story so far.

Sampo can turn into a monster in Simulated Universe, with Nihility buffs pumping his DoT effects way up. That was one way I found to beat World 3 -- while damage can't penetrate Shield for All directly, the DoTs could and ate away the megashield in nothing flat in one run.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Yessssss. YOLOed on standard banner and got Time Waits For No One, which is basically my Bailu's dream cone.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I've held off so far from Herta's Store because I'm not sure that I'll get more than one crack at it any time soon. World 5 is extremely daunting, and you don't seem to get Hertabonds from anything other than first clears. Aeon looks really good but I have Something Irreplaceable and my only real Destruction character right now is Hook; I'm using Subscribe For More right now on Seele and wondering if Cruising would be anything other than a lateral move.

I'm about as far as I can reasonably get right now -- all available quests completed, at Interlude, up to SimWorld 5 and dying midway through, barely cleared Forbidden 9 -- so it's the running-the-treadmill phase for now while I try to bring up some of my lesser-loved characters.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm presuming that the point of SU World 5 is to use the newly-unlocked Abundance path? Its Resonance seems the straightest method to get around Kafka's "half your team is now mindless" shenanigans.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kyrosiris posted:

Nat/M7's cleanse-on-skill traces combined with Preservation's 20/30% chance upon gaining a shield to cleanse were all I needed.

E: The latter especially took a lot of the healing burden off because getting incidental cleanses of Shocks helps so much.

Huh. I'll have to dig up the material for March's; haven't used her in a while.

Also, I just found an alternate route that was hilarious; I went the Hunt now that I have all three Resonances unlockable in one run, then got the Event where the lady offers you all Blessings from another path. So I went in with a load of Hunt AND full Abundance. Kafka got a couple of turns in, one in Phase 2 and one or two in Phase 3.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I get to the last stage of the boss and his two buddies with shields just completely destroy my dudes. I guess I should save ults specifically for when they come on field or something

You pretty much have a handful of choices:

1) When Phase 3 begins, unleash the loving fury to take out at least one of his sidekicks before Shield For All comes down. That means skills, ults, path resonances, things that hurt.

1a) If you are built out for massive rapid damage, i.e. a Hunt build with heavy hitters, that's obviously easier.

1b) Or if you're going the Remembrance route, others have suggested that you can spam Freeze effects long enough for your units to knock one down before the Shield hits. I have had mixed results there, but it can happen.

2) If you can't do that, and Shield goes up, that could be a big problem. But...

2a) If your build is DoT-based (i.e. Sampo on Nihility path), you might be able to lay enough DoT effects on them that you burn through the Shield effect quickly.

2b) If you went Preservation and got every shield-elated buff in the world, including the ones that cause damage to attackers when you are hit, you might be able to get them to basically kill their shield with their own hits.

All of the a)s and b)s above require pretty careful selection of your blessings and curios, and some trial and error to find the right pairings.

3) If 1 and 2 fail, you will get a tower shield up your dropchute.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Where do you get Inert Salsetto spheres/ropes from? I have a feeling that it's World 6, because I haven't run across any so far in ones I've cleared. The Tier List guides all keep suggesting that for various characters as their jewelry relic set.

Got my first couple of gold drops among those, though getting the right combo of type / damage enhance will be a task.

I ran an Abundance run on World 5 just now on its own, with a couple of stragglers from Nihility sneaking in, and won. It was a little bit of a near thing at the end, as her later form started hitting harder and snuck in a Domination while my resonance was still charging right at the end, but it worked.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

What was a good strategy for World 5 (and possibly also World 6) that worked for people? Path-wise, people-wise.

Abundance (using Resonance to clear Domination at the end), Sushang / Sampo / Seele / Bailu is a pretty reliable clear for me. I have to get completely hosed on the Blessing selection to not at least stand a chance. Basically, just collect "when healed, you get X" buffs and concentrate on keeping them up, and if you get the one that adds damage to attacks based on your max HP you're solid.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If the icy ground begins to hurt her feet, Svarog will laser it. It knows better.

As of now, my units that are in semi-regular rotation are at 50/50 with compatible relics, with Qingque, Serval and Dan Heng at 40/50 and waiting for more leveling fuel. Natasha's next on my to-build list since she'll be needed later, with Asta, Herta and Arlan waving from the distant locker room.

delfin fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 3, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Limped through World 6 just now on my third attempt with Seele / Sampo / Hook / Bailu, a Hunt build. Once again, finished a boss by Bailu kicking her in the head.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Level 40 at last. My core five are ascended, Seele and Bailu went straight to level 60, and now I get to farm all the ascension materials for their light cones.

Difficulty II for Sim World 3 also unlocked. I am trying it now and expecting to get thoroughly trucked by Gepard and his Meat Boys at the end.
EDIT: Hah, didn't even reach the boss. Died to an Automaton elite when my elements were mismatched for it.

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 5, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Bruceski posted:

World 6 down with a Hunt build. Speed boosts to the action economy really help and the resonance attack is massive. Couldn't 1-shot the adds but with someone's Ult it would and then recharge.

Helped that my main party happens to be fire, dark and lightning so I was breaking the boss constantly without needing to focus on that.

Yep. I've got World 5 (Sampo / Sushang / wildcard DPS / Bailu) with Abundance with some Nihility thrown in and World 6 (Sampo / Seele / Hook / Bailu) with straight Hunt down to a science now. 5 just needs to get to where Resonance clears buffs, then management of when I use which heals; 6 needs all three Hunt resonance upgrades to nuke through the boss wave stages, so if it decides to screw you out of that, ah well.

Qingque doesn't work in that wildcard DPS spot because as I have her configured, she's too fragile.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Xalidur posted:

Most of 5 is easy but I don't have the damage to kill Kafka before she one shots everybody just yet!

If she's one-shotting you, that's less than ideal and you might need to work on your relics a bit or something. Otherwise, she's fairly predictable. She goes in three cycles in each phase:

1) Hits somebody, then does a mind-whammy (Dominates one person in Phase 1, Psych Suggs two or three in later phases). Debuff clear takes care of that.

2) Two attacks without major special effects.

3) One hit, then Mockery (a pretty hefty AOE).

The Abundance path gives you more HP, DEF boosts on heals, stronger heals, Dewdrop for harder hits, and a large team heal that adds Debuff clearance once you add that upgrade. So save resonance for either right after Domination or in between Psych and the Revelation event (looks like a spider web in the turn counter) that triggers it. With Bailu, you have her ultimate as another team heal with something of a shield baked into it, so let Kafka do the first part of 3) above and trigger the Ultimate in between her two actions there, which will neuter Mockery a bit. I haven't tried it with Natasha yet because I have Bailu, so your mileage may vary there.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Dissociation also helps. That way, every time you weakness-break her you're adding significant damage.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

sushibandit posted:

Oh man I severely underestimated just how expensive it is to level literally anything past 50. This is gonna be a grind. Added info to spreadsheet as well.

And don't forget that you're gathering leveling material, rare items for character ascensions, LC leveling material, rare items for LC ascensions, rare items for traces, which includes limited Echo of War drops, and material for leveling relics.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Down to four undiscovered/selected Curios -- the cheese one, I think, which I just haven't bothered to pick and three Cuckoo clocks.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
One Curio to go (Divination Cuckoo Clock, which is a random chance on occurrences that offer you a Negative Curio like the fish restaurant), and two two-star Blessings that have prerequisites (one in Elation related to Aftertaste, one in Destruction related to Fighting Spirit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Good gear can be a nice boost, but at this point, the difference between two two-sets with the right mainstats (ATK% or Damage Type% for your hitters, Outgoing Healing% for your healers, DEF% or HP% for those who need it) and a full four-set is small in most cases. It's worth poking around a bit in each of Worlds 3-6 to get a variety of the jewelry relics for fine-tuning, and to fish for purple or gold gear with good mainstats for your core group.