Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Do you need to make a new account or can you use the one used for Genshin Impact? I have not played in a long time and cannot recall my account info, not sure if it is worth looking up or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Can you miss quests or get locked out of areas? Been playing for a bit and have a quest to give Himiko my decision, but starting to get a few random quests for other people as well. The tutorial is still guiding me toward the story quests I guess, I just got warp.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Ended up getting Welt with my pity last roll on the beginner banner, is he seen as any good? My first nihilist and source of imaginary damage. Not that it matters since it took way to long to get here to bother rerolling.

Also, is there any reason not to spend your basic warps as you get them on the standard banner? I would assume I should just spend them since the banner never changes and they have no other use?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Grabbed a second Welt about 15 rolls into the standard banner, I guess it is good because it did waste many pity rolls, but it would have been nice to have more variety to play with.

Also, am I playing wrong? It feels like I need to have March and Natasha in my group at all times for the amount of damage that tougher fights put out.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
As someone who clicks through all dialog as fast as possible and does not care about the story, let people post lore stuff if they want. Even if it ends up being wrong, who cares, it is less white noise than any of my posts endless posts about what 5*s we are rolling or whatever and you could just not read it.

Also, I wish I knew our team needed to be level 30 to complete a certain part of the game, my min/maxing brain will not let me upgrade anything until absolutely necessary "what if I get something better", so I was playing through the whole game at like level ... 20 by that point. I still find it mentally hard to upgrade relics/3* items because they are inevitably going to get something better. What Trailblazer level allows you to go above character level level 40? 30?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Feels like the game slowed to a crawl in not-China. I enjoyed the missions in the space station and snow planet, but between the map layouts where it is a bunch of narrow corridors and the missions so far trending toward talking to 6 people to solve a traffic accident I am falling asleep in my chair.

Also, who is the worst character in the game and why is it Arlan. I cannot figure out what his role is that Serval cannot do better.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
What exp loss is there using leveled up items to level other items? Part of my hesitation in leveling a 3* cone or not perfect relic up is that I know there is something better. I have not chosen a Herta 5* or purchased any Forgotten Hall 4*s because I know I will get some random one of the same class eventually.

Also, I hear the next banner is the good one to roll on. What makes it so good, and I guess how do people know, since this is not delayed compared to Asia like Genshin Impact was as far as I know? It looks like the 5 star is an AOE lightning guy, and while I am sure he is better, it seems kind of similar to Serval's role already.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Does the standard banner alternate between cones and characters? I felt like I had been shortchanged for characters (I only have 11 total including all free ones, after 87 standard rolls + 50 beginner), so out of curiosity I went through the standard banner and noticed that all of my 4*s alternated between characters and light cones, not sure if it is just coincidence or not. Also, apparently all of my 4* have been pity rolls too, currently 2 4* less than expected after 86 rolls, subtracting the guaranteed Asta.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 7, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I guess all the quests and everything ran out around TR37 and I just need to get to 40 through dailies and burning stamina? It has been so long since I played Genshin that I forgot this is the standard state of the game, fun stuff when there is new content and then 10 minute/day maintenance playing until then.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 7, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Bought the 5* Herta store Hunt LC, leveled up Dan, his traces, and a bunch of relics, and finally beat SU5. With the 5? star rail passes gained managed to get Bronya at the beginning of soft pity and then Sushang, who I did not know existed in the game. Sure wish I did not use up all my Wind leveling stuff an hour ago! I am not entirely sure how to use Bronya, I guess you just put a ton of crit damage on her?

Also, should we save the SU immersifier things for later to have a greater chance at 5*? I did not spend any in world 5, I have a small mix of 4* down to 2*, but most of them are not too impressive.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Pretty pleased with myself, even though I lost in World 6. Got Cocilia or whatever her name is to phase 2 free to play at level 49 with mediocre curios and blessings. I don't think I have the power to get through phase 2, but half a level from TL40 and then I think it would be more doable.

Also, how do you get the light cone out of the battle pass, I hit 30 but I am not seeing any way to recover one.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 10, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Ibblebibble posted:

Spend money, it's from the paid side of the battle pass sadly.

Oh, I thought it was part of the free one for some reason. I guess that explains all that.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I got torn on what banner to pull on. At first I settled on the next one, but my brain is screaming we have a Lightning Erudition at home. I ended up watching youtube videos trying to find advice, and a lot of them were saying to hold even longer, but I am not sure how context dependent that advice is depending on your team. I would prefer Seele over the lightning guy if I win the 50/50, but I would rather have his 4*s as a consolation prize if I lose the 50/50. Maybe I can roll up to the soft pity for the 4* on the next banner, and be happy if I get a 5* not on pity, and then save the rest for something upcoming. Also should be able to get to EL3 today :toot:.

Also, I just noticed Welt (as one of my better single target DPSs) and Fire MC are both using level 30 3* weapons, I should probably do something about that.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 10, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I sometimes do the daily quest vs getting the daily points through the other means, but I wonder if there is any long term benefit, since they seem to advance a small story. Is it purely background story fluff, or at some point is there a reward beyond the 5000 credits for completing some of the story lines? I have completed a bunch of story lines without reward, so I assume it is the former. Once got stuck looking for some NPC to question in the big Herta atrium room and realized that none of the dailies are worth the potential to take 5+ minutes.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 11, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
The biggest problem with supports is trying to find room for them in a party, especially without a dedicated carry like Seele. I guess I can do Welt, Natasha, Serval or other appropriate element 4*DPS, and Bronya, but most of the time it seems easier to just have two DPS for greater elemental coverage or Fire MC for more tanking.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Stamina has the most value right now because most accounts are still at the somewhat linear part of increasing their characters power, and the game has only been out for 2 or so weeks so 10 extra days of stamina is meaningful. By the time the game has been out 6 months or whatever any amount of extra stamina gained now is probably pretty inconsequential to your overall power and I would have much rather had the extra rolls toward pity. Also it is unlikely anything in the game will be that difficult that maxing out your characters is necessary anyway.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 15, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You don't really need dot characters for Nihility to be decent, just get the one the adds dots to broken enemies.

Free to play squad making some progress:

Edit: Boo, cannot even attempt 5-2 until EL4.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 16, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Going to roll up to soft pity for 4*s, if I get a 5* before that then that is ok too, will just roll up to soft pity again. I think in a bubble there are desirable and undesirable 5*s, but really any is good if it does not take 75+ rolls to grab it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

NeonPunk posted:

I really feel bad for Arlan. Everyone seems to forget that he is a playable character but looks like nobody rolled him even as a 4 star. Nobody around the internet talks about him or even use him in any guide at all. I already played through his story and I admit that I forgot about him until he showed up on the train.

Poor guy.

I have E1 Arlan and never use him because Serval does his job as well as he does with greater flexibility.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 16, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Pain of Mind posted:

Going to roll up to soft pity for 4*s, if I get a 5* before that then that is ok too, will just roll up to soft pity again. I think in a bubble there are desirable and undesirable 5*s, but really any is good if it does not take 75+ rolls to grab it.

Trip report:
Never pulled on the special banner with Seela, so I had no pity built up.
Had 30 rolls without converting Stellar Jade:
First 10 pull: Natasha, Sushang
Second 10 pull: Some crappy 4* light cone
Third 10 pull: Jing Yuan, March 7

Sorry Serval, I tried to keep you around. I think Jing Yuan was ~ pull 23 or 24, I guess I can attempt to roll up to pity again. I still do not have Tingyun. I guess it gives some clarity on where to spend my stamina for the next few days.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Not sure I should pull for Jing Yuan when I already have a levelled Serval which is… basically the same thing if you squint

I just put all of my E2 Serval's gear on Jing Yuan, and I am not sure how much of a DPS improvement he is in normal content, with the caveat that his traces are not as leveled up (but not far off). His abilities on their own seem to be quite a bit less damage, but since most of his damage is from the light lord guy it is hard easily compare side by side. Serval does seem to be able to break enemies faster, since her ult seems to always fill up and you can use her skill and ult to open the battle often, while Jing Yuan needs to wait for the light lord to come through which is often after the enemies all get a turn. He pulverizes the SU though, since you can easily juice follow up attacks.

Then again, friend list Jing Yuans blow mine away in DPS, so maybe my gear just sucks.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Clarste posted:

Pretty sure Lightcone stats get multiplied by relics and other percentage modifiers so they're pretty important.

I was wondering if that is actually more important than 5* characters, if you are more focused on damage vs getting cool new characters. There is such a damage disparity between many 5* and 4* cones that I would not be surprised if a 4* character with a 5* cone out-damages the inverse, though I have not done any math to know if this is true. Plus they can be moved to new characters, so they are not instantly obsolete if you get someone better of the same class, depending on the effect. For a few of my classes I am not even sure if I have a 4*. Kind of wish this banner had better 4*s or maybe I would give it a shot.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 19, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Playing around with Prydwen's damage calculator, on a character like Sampo it looks like going from a free-source 4* cone (Fermata) to a 5* gacha cone (In the Name of the World) is like a 12% jump.

On the flip side, comparing Sampo to Welt, with Sampo on In the Name of the World and Welt on a 3-star cone, Welt seems to push about 20% more per skill activation than Sampo, if I add in one tick of Wind Shear but also add in Welt's 3 star cone proc.

So, meh. Seems pretty similar? I tried to compare Nihility to Nihility for a closer comparison.

For simplicity I compared Dan and the Ice hunt guy since it is mostly straightforward damage, and I think generally the 5* character with a 4* cone did slightly better, but it was light cone dependent on which 4* or 5* and it was pretty close. Probably a balance is optimal where you need at least some good light cones, hopefully some events give some out because mine are horrid, I do not have a nihility or preservation > 3*. Might just buy Herta's preservation rather than go with my plan to upgrade the Hunt one to superimposition 5.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 20, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Used 20 pulls on the weapon banner hoping for either the 5* or the March 7 cone, got neither. Now I feel a strong "well, you are 25% toward hard pity, might as well keep pulling" presence in the back of my mind.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

friends dont let friends gamble needlessly

stop now, friend

If it makes you feel better, I just allocated 70 tickets toward getting the 4* characters, but after 50 rolls ended up getting 5x of the banner characters to have all 3 and ended up with Jing Yuan, so I just used the remaining 20 hoping I would get lucky with a cone. I would never spend real money on that!

Also, for the SU, do you get better rewards at higher SU difficulty levels, or is it dependent on EL? Been waiting until I can do 6-2 before trying to fill out the middle relic section with good relics, just in case those are better (though I guess it means my EL is higher too, since that is why I cannot do it now).

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 21, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

GateOfD posted:

had 8 rail passes after ascendning my main team, rounded up to do the 10 pull
got dan dupe and a sampo (new char)

didn't know he was a 4* though he was a 5*, oh well.

Unclear if you already knew this, but you do not need to do a 10 pull to get the guaranteed 4*, 10 single pulls work as well.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Forget character build guides, I need a guide for every lightcone that will never even theoretically be useful in comparison to the easiest-to-obtain 4-star lightcones, just so I can always nuke those on sight

Just keep one unleveled superimposed 5x of each type to hedge without taking up much space? Could always level it later if necessary.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

someone awful. posted:

i am really hurting for good preservation light cones, blugh

I had the same issue and just gave in and bought the Herta one.

Clarste posted:

I picked the Preservation cone in Nameless Glory and then pulled the 5* Preservation cone...

My biggest fear is spending a lot of a resource on something and then drawing something to make it obsolete.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Was Genshin this slow to start, or because it was open world there was more stuff to tinker around in for longer before more content/events started coming out? I played it for a bit at the start and I do not recall a period this long with nothing to do. Why can't it just have 24 hour timers for assignments and stamina, there is no need to drive "engagement" with logging in twice a day when it takes longer to log in than it does to burn your 60 stamina or whatever for the forced second log in of the day. I tried doing 4 hour assignments and then a 20, but I kept forgetting so now I just run a 20 hour once a day. I am fine with having all content completed and being in a holding pattern of doing dailies and burning stamina in 5 minutes, but why make me do it twice.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Zurai posted:

Yes, 20 hours is very common as a "daily, but if you miss it by a few minutes/an hour you aren't punished for it by eventually losing out on a day's worth of rewards".

That is fair, I guess the rewards for min-maxing the assignments are so minimal that it does not really matter. Stamina is less optional since so much of the game is gated behind TL thresholds.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I am fine with 100 free Jade for a presentation I was not going to watch anyway, what blows my mind is the actual cost if you buy stuff. If you asked me to guess how much things cost from the store, I would have been at about 10% of what it actually is. $0.10 seems fair for a roll, what it actually is is insane. Spending AAA game money on a 50% chance to get some guy to play within the game.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Edited my post to be a bit more of a generic complaint in that it seems exploitive, especially with an audience that might not be as worldly as real gamblers. Not sure how tightly it is regulated, but I would assume it is less than real gambling. You should be able to max out your account for a lot less money.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 27, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I feel bad about my JY, I will just swap him out with a support one that does 3x more damage. I just unlocked Memory of Chaos but I think I am quite a ways from even beating the first stage, my relics and light cones are pretty bad, I definitely cannot equip a second team well enough right now.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I think it is really whether you have their light cone or not. A 4 star cone cannot really compete with the character designed 5 star.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I managed to 0 star the first MoC, but I had characters as low as level 42. I think I could have 2 starred it if they did not splat Tingyun in 3 consecutive hits though. I noticed it had other rewards beyond the Jade that seem to be titled after the buff cycle - Favor of Amber Phase 1 etc. Does this mean when it cycles to a new buff you also get new rewards there? The rewards are not record breaking, but it is still probably worth a few hundred stamina if you do them all.

Is there any point in saving the shop currency or might as well go hogwild S4ing whichever ones you need (saving the S5 for random)?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Ugh, there is a new daily check-in for the month on their website again? I was happy it was over and I would not need to keep opening their site.

Also, I have had Bronya for a while and still have not figured out how to use her. If she is on a team it is constantly starved for skill points, and I am not sure if any one of my characters is good enough that it is worth buffing them at that cost. Do you just need someone like Seele who does more damage than the rest of the team combined to make it worthwhile?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
When should you farm relics? On one hand the majority of my team has subpar relics that I have not bothered to level past 6 and it would probably be the most direct improvement in stats, but on the other hand I can spend days farming with nothing to show for it, while at least leveling characters and upgrading traces is constant progress. I am thinking once my B team is at max level and traced up to at least requiring the purple upgrade items. Also, do the relic events trend toward the first item listed, or is that just bad luck? Spent a few days trying for lightning or the wild wheat set and ended up with almost nothing but the defense (including an almost perfect DPS chest) or healing sets. Literally at least 5:1 when it comes to 5*s for the first set in the picture. I guess if you ignore set bonuses it does not matter too much, but it feels bad to not go for the sets.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 4, 2023

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Excelzior posted:

imo, while getting "good enough" relics (right main stat, one or more good substat) and leveling them is absolutely worth it, grinding away for perfect relics is whale bait

That is what I have been trying to do, and after 3-4 days of grinding lightning set for my JY, I literally have 2 barely usable pieces: A 5* ring with speed and crit rate substats that both never got hit by an upgrade boost, and 5* boots with a speed primary and crit damage, that also did not get hit by any substat boosts.

None of lightning here have DPS primaries except the 4* on Serval which has ATK%, but no DPS substats. Of course about half of the def set have crit rate or damage as the primary. Pretty much every gear slot is similarly skewed toward the def set.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I find it hard to believe people are doing that stuff without spending a decent amount of money, unless Seela is so profoundly advantageous for it that if you did not pull her you are at a major disadvantage. I have been doing the M7/fireMC and Natasha split, and at least for me the shielding side takes too much chip damage. Maybe I am just bad at the game, but I have spent all exp leveling stuff and the lowest level half of my people are an even level 60 (though I do still have some fuel and 100+ passes worth of jade, so it is not like I have spent every last resource).

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Jabor posted:

The description of the youtube video Kild posted claims they've spent $1200 on the game so far.

Well there you have it. Kind of need different tiers of what is possible between battle pass/FTP and whales.