Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Endorph posted:

That said, (leaks about upcoming banners) In the next patch we're going to be getting Kafka and Silver Wolf from the intro, so if you liked their designs/personalities there, save for them.

Well I'm glad to know that now because I need both of them. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gearman posted:

Yep, you slam those to get the vast majority of your levels.

...that explains so much. :doh:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I got Gepard for my newbie 5-star, which sucks, because gently caress you March isn't going anywhere :mad:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Endorph posted:

this game's dialog is actually pretty snappy and trails owns

:yeah:

I dunno who it was that said this was basically star ocean on a train but drat if they ain't wrong, I'm having entirely too much fun. Was up until 2 AM last night because I lost track of time. :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

a kid with a pirate name that I don't care about.

:mods:

What's next, admitting you hate Peppy?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Clarste posted:

Choose Path of Remembrance, keep everything frozen 24-7 until they die. Doesn't work in World 4 because the boss is immune to freeze.

I found going all in on Hunt was great because if someone gets one kill they can usually cascade it into *all* the kills with the whole combo of "if you kill, advance your turn 100%" and "if you kill, refill your energy 100%" blessings. :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Clarste posted:

I mean, Seele does that on her own without blessings, but the problem is that it doesn't work well against bosses.

Some of us are saving our golden tickets for other stuff, okay? :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, I'm as far along as I am because the game is charming as hell and I want to mainline it like a drug.

I was up until like 2 AM on Thursday because I lost track of time. :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

FractalSandwich posted:

Waiting for Kafka is quite a trial.

It really is.

But I need both of them and I'm committed to this road.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I love this loving game. :allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oh, speaking of, should I only be spending embers on special passes, or is there enough income to blow those on normal passes too?

I figure undying starlight is rare enough to either only use on special passes or a character/cone that I just have to have.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

MarquiseMindfang posted:

You should have enough to grab the normal passes each month too.

Cool, thanks. I bounced off Genshin hard, so I don't really have a good frame of reference on what's "hang onto this and hoard like a dragon" rare and what's "eh, gently caress it, spend it" common yet.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

Also I disliked Sampo because dude ditched me during main points in the story and gave me a janky treasure map that just led to mining equipment ( though he did give me a better treasure map after I threatened to kick his butt).

Sampo rules in a very "love to hate him" sense. It's like "ugh, sampo :rolleyes:" and "oh boy, sampo :allears:" in the same character. In the same cutscene, sometimes, even. :v:

E: I hope he shows up in future worlds with zero explanation whatsoever.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Wow, world 4 of sim universe is way easier than world 3, holy poo poo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Could be worse, you could've gotten Gepard.

I guess when I get to the content where you need two parties, then sure, but lmao at the idea of not using March.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eimi posted:

Gepard and March pair together really well actually, March's counter only cares if they're shielded, not if it's March's shield. Double ice is less nice but March falls off once mobs start doing tons of aoe so it's a solid pair. Gepard's shield is WAY beefier than Fireblazers.

That's fair, I'd just worry about either missing out on healing or damage throughout.

I like using my faves, optimization be damned. :shobon:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Holy poo poo my rear end was clenched the entirety of phase 3. Got the kill with my Preservation special right as the "hey this poo poo's about to enrage, gg" message popped up. :catstare:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

i am actually impressed Auto Battle doesn't immediately blow Natasha's Ult and actually saves it

I wish it was better about using Nat and M7's skills to cleanse, though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oh poo poo I pulled Sampo with my Trailblazer 35 passes. :toot:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kanos posted:

I was completely flabbergasted at people talking about how easy they found world 4. The boss there is absolutely murderous unless you have some pretty intense DPS, with his last phase seemingly 100% designed to punish turtle strats. First time I went in to him with a mediocre blessing build I got absolutely flattened, and second time I squeaked by narrowly because he decided to grab Bailu 3 times in a row and completely lock out my healing for the entirety of phase 3.

God tier blessing synergy makes things very easy, and mediocre/bad blessings makes things borderline impossible.

Full preservation + Fire Trailblazer/Serval/Dan Heng/Nat was easy as hell IME. :shrug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dang, I just hit the "please wait for the next installment" wall. I want mooooore :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm going to get the destruction LC from Herta's shop first for Clara, but are any of the other LCs in there good?

Everything I've heard suggests Texture of Memories is great for fire MC if you're using them. I was also using the Hunt one on Dan Heng until he got benched for Sampo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

UHD posted:

part of making qingque's number go up is careful use of her skill, if you ignore her skill you may as well bench her

the guide sucks

The argument is that you're investing what could be your entire skill point pool for what may not even be an empowered attack, so it's hard to recommend playing that way from an optimization viewpoint.

I mean I'd throw that out the window too and let it ride, but it would be with the understanding that I'm chasing perfect at the cost of good. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

delfin posted:

I'm presuming that the point of SU World 5 is to use the newly-unlocked Abundance path? Its Resonance seems the straightest method to get around Kafka's "half your team is now mindless" shenanigans.

Nat/M7's cleanse-on-skill traces combined with Preservation's 20/30% chance upon gaining a shield to cleanse were all I needed.

E: The latter especially took a lot of the healing burden off because getting incidental cleanses of Shocks helps so much.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Oh is that all. Fortunately it's a planet in a sci-fi game so I'll be done in half an hour.

I had so much fun harassing that poor space!amazon employee for links. :allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

acumen posted:

This road to trailblazer 40/equilibrium 3 is gonna be a long one now that the story's all done. Just dailies and stamina stuff I guess.

SU world 6 continues to elude me

Yeah, I just hit 37 and it looks like such a long road.

I also have no quests in my journal and that's such a weird feeling.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

I literally said what the gently caress out loud when Svarog did a crit ult counter for 42k damage and chunked 80% of phase 3 Gepard's health in 1 shot.

Calculation complete: Captain Gepard is a little bitch.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GateOfD posted:

at what levels does a new random substat get added to relics.
gonna have nightmares like with genshin again with chasing the rng...

I believe it's every three levels until the relic in question has four? substats.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Excelzior posted:

...Kafka will be a top team

(triple DoT)

...oh man, Kafka/Sampo/Pela/<healer> sounds like a *time*.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Cynic Jester posted:

Doing a preservation run with Trailblazer fire and getting the 3* Destruction blessing that divides all damage out equally among your team is so, so very silly.

It's even better upgraded because it adds a 15% damage reduction rider. :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

UHD posted:

not everyone has the dragon child and march is cuter

Plus with a Clara comp in SimU, it makes perfect sense to use both. Fire MC to keep incidental damage off the team, March to powerload Clara's defenses and threat value. DPS comes from Elation on-followup buffs to Svarog slapping a bitch.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bussamove posted:

Kafka is quite a ways away, so you’d have time to save up jade for her. That’s assuming you’re not rolling on any banner in between, of course.

Do we know how many banners we have until Silver Wolf? I want her on top of Kafka but I'm sick of seeing every video about the game basically being "IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SEELE YOU ARE STUPID AND BAD AND SHOULD UNINSTALL"-level hype on Seele. :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Thanks for the sanity check, everyone. I guess I'm just getting annoyed by coming up short damage-wise on SimU world 6 repeatedly.

And yes, I know I could be patient and wait until TL40 and getting level 60 units, but if I was patient and reasonable I wouldn't be playing a gacha now would I?

E: I've tried with with various mixes of Dan, Sampo, Pela, Fireblazer, Serval, and Nat, and just haven't gotten close. I should've taken the "I barely cleared world 5 by the skin of my teeth" as a warning, not an invitation. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

MotU posted:

If you are slamming at World 6 already then you don't need to go for Seele, you're doing well with game mechanics and will probably be able to beat the hell out of things with your favorites and characters you want, so hold on for those. I know you already got your sanity check but this is a double one

Yeah, honestly, I fell in love with Silver Wolf and Kafka in the intro and even more with Kafka in world 3 because now I just want to shake her by the shoulders and yell "WHAT IS YOUR DEAL, SEXY MIND CONTROL ASSASSIN???" so hearing they're getting banners made me fall into a dragon-like hoarding pattern that has only very recently been shaken by "ugh, I'm still failing Simu W6 and Forgotten Hall 11" griping.

Seriously, it's appreciated. :unsmith:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eimi posted:

There's another choice I'm now stuck on, that is Clara's story quest.

Oh my loving god, mood. I sat there for like a half loving hour fretting over it. :ohdear:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eimi posted:

I am leaning towards Svarog's choice. It's hosed up, but it's like do you do the 'nice' thing that will kill the robot eventually, or the hard choice that lets it stay alive but lose something important.

I went with Clara. I looked at it the same way as a person with a DNR order; let them live enough life that still has enjoyment, and then let them go.

Hell of a moral quandary to face down in a game like this, though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I think I was TL 37? Either 36 or 37.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Also, is there a spreadsheet with optimal relics / light cones yet? Like the genshin one?

Prydwen and Honkailab have recommendations, with Prydwen having more in terms of "this is the top 5 for cones" but not every character fully mathed out yet.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I love leaving Sampo in the cold in every text conversation.

Sorry, buddy, I have to shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

wtf. Get this guy outta here

Right? I want a wubbawoo plushie.