Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

the article claims many accounts, naming a couple (True Story Now, with 50K followers, and Nostalgia Narrative, with 175K followers), and that these videos get millions of views. it's rolling stone so it was definitely significant enough to warrant them covering it. it also looks like they were able to get True Story Now banned after reaching out to TikTok

Fair point about it being Rolling Stone. Glad they were able to get at least one big account banned, because this is still pretty gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

TotK: I’m going to start skipping story cutscenes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

biggest fun-to-boredom swings i've experienced in a long time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The way for AI media content to succeed is not through the advancement of the technology, whatever that might mean, but to ensure that the artists who could speak up against them either get pushed out or die from poverty, and to make the general population culturally illiterate enough to be fooled into thinking the garbage that comes out has any value. The techbros are working really hard on those latter two points too so it's only a matter of time

homeless snail posted:

oh yeah smart guy? what about

An ubisoft exclusive...

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 31, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the only AI I want to talk about is Allen Iverson

He wanted to talk about the game(s), not practice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

:dogstare:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
After reading the details I feel slightly better that it was just random stand-in AI children rather than any kind of actual attempt to recreate the victims accurately, but only slightly.

They did get the account banned though, so that’s a plus.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

An ubisoft exclusive...
I really do not like capitalism 2. for almost entirely superficial reasons. because they made it look like simcity 3000 which, on top of being the worst simcity, doesnt really make sense for, the kind of game that capitalism is

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Oh yeah also Anodyne 2 is pretty fuckin’ rad, thanks Stux for ranting about it endlessly.

Also, beat the hell temple stux.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

I really do not like capitalism 2. for almost entirely superficial reasons. because they made it look like simcity 3000 which, on top of being the worst simcity, doesnt really make sense for, the kind of game that capitalism is

space warlord organ trading simulator is the most realistic depiction of capitalism

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

not a fan of space warlord organ trading simulator, I'm sorry

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

No way, Simcity 3000 was just a face lift with some quality of life improvements of Simcity 2000, it was a really good game. Now Simcity 2013, that one was really bad.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

business games I like: capitalism plus, leading company, aerobiz supersonic, transport tycoon deluxe, just about any video or board game featuring trains, big pharma, good company, rise of industry, slipways, gazillionaire

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

space warlord organ trading simulator is the most realistic depiction of capitalism

I thought these days it was Cruelty Squad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

and of course, cant forget, pizza tycoon aka pizza connection, and its sequels

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

and of course, cant forget, pizza tycoon aka pizza connection, and its sequels

I remember this

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

homeless snail posted:

You have not played all of the Sim City games if this is what you think.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

reticulating splines

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mutata posted:

You have not played all of the Sim City games if this is what you think.
the only simcity where its debatable is 2013 and, might have to give it to 2013 tbh

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sim lovely lmaooooooo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cracking my knuckles and typing out the last tier list of the may chat thread.

cities skylines
simcity 4
simcity 2000
simcity 1 (and probably the snes version over PC)
simcity ds
simcity 64
simtown
on second thought i will put simcity 3000 here
simcity 2013

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Where do you place simcity 2000 for GBA

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

homeless snail posted:

the only simcity where its debatable is 2013 and, might have to give it to 2013 tbh

Outside of 1 or 2 severe issues, 2013 had a really good game trying to get out, and it's still the best-looking SimCity outside of sometimes a zoomed-out SC4. But no, you've left others out. For example:

mutata fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 31, 2023

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

societies is a fairly different game, and I intentionally left it off the list

Dabir posted:

Where do you place simcity 2000 for GBA
its okay but the interface is clunky. probably below the snes version of simcity 2000

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

homeless snail posted:

societies is a fairly different game, and I intentionally left it off the list

its okay but the interface is clunky. probably below the snes version of simcity 2000

Well then you intentionally made a bad list. :mad:

Edit: In any case, Sim City Classic is actually one of the worst SC games, don't @ me.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
can't fly around your city skylines city in simcopter therefore it's worse than 2000

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

If EA wants to rehabilitate the Sim City 'brand' all they need to do is remaster SC4.
It would work on me at least.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
but what about Streets of SimCity

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I hadn't thought about Pizza Tycoon for ages. Loved putting the ingredients on the pizzas.

Spinnortality is a good weird little management game where you are enacting the cyberpunk dystopia.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

can't fly around your city skylines city in simcopter therefore it's worse than 2000

:that's right:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mutata posted:

Well then you intentionally made a bad list. :mad:
im sorry but ploppables means its a different genre!! its more of a social simulation than a classical city builder. its about as far from simcity as anno is

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

cracking my knuckles and typing out the last tier list of the may chat thread.

simcity 64

I really wish I could play the Simcity 64DD version.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

SC3K owns though

SC4 was pretty good too but very sterile in comparison

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did one of them have The Sims connectivity or was that a dream?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

I think you could import Sims 2 Sims into SC4 or something

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

That was 4, you could put your Sims in your city and they'd let you know how they were getting on and how they didn't like living by a bus stop because of all those youths who hang around there

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

the thing I remember the most about Simcity 3000, was actually the early original build of the game that never came out; it was originally an all 3D game, but this was scrapped because at the time that just simply wasnt possible to pull off. The computer hardware wasn't there. Many years later we have Cities Skylines, and even that struggles on the most powerful of computers.

Simcity 64DD was 3D, but it was rough and had a lot of technical / performance problems.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
new sim city games turn into stupid traffic and agent management poo poo. let us build a big city with our names made out of parks in it and then let us zoom in and be a little GTA mario odyssey guy and wa ya wahoo around

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

homeless snail posted:

im sorry but ploppables means its a different genre!! its more of a social simulation than a classical city builder. its about as far from simcity as anno is

Anno is not a SimCity game because it is an Anno game. You are perhaps confused about genres vs franchises?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khanstant posted:

new sim city games turn into stupid traffic and agent management poo poo. let us build a big city with our names made out of parks in it and then let us zoom in and be a little GTA mario odyssey guy and wa ya wahoo around

in agreement, cities skylines went too hard into traffic management and it sucked. that said you should check out Anno 1800 if you want this. Its exactly what both of us want.