Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

ruddiger posted:

I hope Rosario Dawson shows up in a Zack movie down the road.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The way Finn gets treated is one of the reasons I really hate the ST. In TFA it's like his character exists so that any negative consequences from Rey's actions falls on him. He gets shoved around, turned into a joke, and gets jobbed out to a wounded Kylo Ren to show how strong the latter still is before Rey beats Kylo's rear end. And rather than let him grow into a hero the same way Luke did from the ANH to ROTJ they turned him into the guy who just shouts "Rey!"

It's absolutely disgusting.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Flying Zamboni posted:

You're right I forgot about this scene:

lol

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

well why not posted:

smartest man on earth [just goes to a haters apartment to gently caress them up]

drat, that guy is pretty cool

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

C:\Users\Ἀλέξανδρος\Documents\BOYS

That file is just pictures of Ozy and these guys

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

It's a shame John Cena didn't get cast as Shazam. Like, Cena vs Rock as Shazam vs Black Adam would just loving rule.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

well why not posted:

I don’t see it, but still lol at ZS casting JDM as Thomas Wayne.

If they really wanted to do Flashpoint, JDM would have made a hell of a Thomas Wayne version of Batman.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I really wish I was interested in seeing Blue Beetle, but I just don't have the energy for any more of the DCEU death throes movies. They are all hollow without Snyder.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I haven't seen Batman Returns in a while. I'm rewatching the ZS DCEU trilogy while using my treadmill, so the Burton films might be next up. I forgot about the bomb and had to google it. This is the first image I found.

lol

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You gotta admit, that bit was loving hilarious.

The Burton movies, while not my favorites, are solid Batman films. I enjoy them for what they are: fun takes on the character that gave birth to DCAU Batman and Shirley Walker's kickass Batman soundtrack.

Grendels Dad posted:

It was the 90s, every hero was like "I have to do what is NECESSARY* to get rid of this bomb, no matter how messy!"

*i.e. fun

Hmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KrNxZc73JI

Checks out

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

For clarification, I did not bring up the moment out of criticism. That scene rules.

NOT MY BATMAN!!!

(Edit: Changed pic because I realized it was made by some dumb chud YouTube channel)

Bogus Adventure fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 26, 2024

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Snyder's take on Any Given Sunday would loving rule.

I'm not a football fan, but I love that movie.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I keep saying it but give me a full Snyder directed musical

Zack Snyder's Cats

Or Rent

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Zack Snyder's Dicks: The Musical

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

McCloud posted:

The lead character would be named Jeff Johns

Who would be The Sewer Boys?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Zack Snyder's Starlight Express: Steam engines with rippling muscles racing against each other to impress equally ripped observation cars

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Zack Snyder's My Fair Lady

(Eliza Doolittle is a ripped streetfighter who swears like a sailor and has a mean left hook)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The MSJ posted:

Found this on Threads LOL

Lmao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I finally got around to seeing Army of the Dead and Army of Thieves. They're both pretty good. In Dead, I enjoyed the dynamic between Bautista and Purnell, and how their final moment echoes a prior scene where the daughter finally understands what her father suffered through. It's not my favorite zombie movie (that'd be Doomsday because that movie loving RULES), but it's one I wouldn't mind watching again. Dieter was definitely my favorite character, and I appreciate that he got his own origin story in Thieves.

I liked Thieves more, though. I know it's directed by someone else, but I appreciate the goofiness. Schweighofer has a talent for physical comedy with how he manages to move with precise awkwardness. His stumbling, hunched running, and the way he warms up before cracking a safe are all hilarious. Sebastian is much different than Dieter, but I can see how one leans into the other. Thieves also offers an explanation as to why Dieter is always saying such stilted over-the-top stuff. He's trying to play the cool safecracking comic book character he made when he was still kid Sebastian, and his true self pokes through at key points in Dead.

My only complaint with Dead is Tig Notaro's character. She did an okay job with it, but I can't keep myself from seeing D'Elia in the role. The dialog fits the types of characters I've seen him play before (weirdly endearing jackass), but gently caress that monster. It is pretty funny seeing Tig chomping a cigar while standing on top of a POS chopper.

I really want to see Rebel Moon, but I'm waiting for Snyder's full cut.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

There is one last lingering thing that kind of bugged me about Army of the Dead. Maybe I've watched too many zombie movies, but it's a movie that really telegraphs its later scenes. It might be intended as a feature (especially in that final scene), but it also means that I never felt that tension of uncertainty on how things would play out. I like not knowing what is going to happen next in movies. I think that might also be why I enjoyed Thieves more. I knew Sebastian/Dieter would somehow end up in Nevada, but I didn't know who he was, what safecracking meant to him, or his journey to the US would play out.

Also, heist movies are fun.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

No Luck Needed posted:

not killing is what makes them heroes. When you have all the power that superman does, not killing is what makes his actions to defeat villains heroic. In theory, not in practice, Batman wants to help reform his villains. By making them killers it takes away the hero aspect of super-heroes and just makes them super-beings. Why would the world celebrate superman as a hero if he was a killer?

lmao

get his rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

okay, double lmao