Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh gosh, look at this
https://footballabsurdity.com/draft-sheet-form/

I love you.

Also, the preseason is upon us! Go Football!!

Hell yeah, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Even as an extremely big Pats homer that hates the Giants...I still think Daniel Jones finishes the year as a top ten QB. First week for starters these days is pretty much just extended preseason. If he still struggles after week three, I'd think about moving on.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Picked up Puka for $13/$60, with other bids being $11, $9, $6 and $2.

Also got Josh Kelley for $8/$60 with the other bid at $5.

Probably paid a bit too much, but I think the talent is evident in both of them.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 13, 2023

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Also, why are there people in my leagues picking up Tom Brady??? My dudes, ain't no way is he ever going to play for the Jets.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

ShowTime posted:

I'm really looking to trade up my Daniel Jones (I have Jalen Hurts starting) for a great RB. I'm looking at doing something for Bijan, because that guy has Anthony Richardson, but also Geno Smith on reserve. The other guy has Christian McCaffrey, with Joe Burrow starting, and no secondary QB. I almost feel like I have a better shot at McCaffrey, but there is no way that happens, right?

I can offer Tyler Allgeier, but i'd rather offer Zach Charbonnet, as a little icing on the cake if I have too. I really just want a good RB. I have too many good WRs to ever want to lose any of them or go for more. The 1st guy I mentioned is like #3 in my league and the second guy is #4, but they have questionable QBs and Daniel Jones is Daniel Jones.

Just so I'm understanding this correctly: You want to move Daniel Jones and Zach Charbonnet for Bijan/CMC to owners that have Anthony Richardson + Geno Smith + Bijan and Joe Burrow + CMC.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

I've been going back and forth on Allgeier, benched week 1, started week 2, and now I'm going to try to drop him and claim either Williams or Ford off waivers. I prioritized Williams, but I think either one will be better. I think Allgeier just had a fluke week 1 and is going to be on the back burner for the rest of the season. Debated about trying to trade him to the guy who had Chubb, but I doubt he'd bite, and I'd rather just try to get Williams anyway.

My team is getting full of middle of the road RBs, so if both of my waiver claims fall through, I'll see if I can package a couple guys to someone really in need and try and make an upgrade somewhere.

You should absolutely not be dropping Allgeier. There's gotta be someone worse on your roster that you can drop instead. What does your roster look like?

Allgeier is probably the best RB insurance policy you can have right now, especially at this point in the season.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 19, 2023

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

Here is who I have:

QB - Tua, Burrow
RB - Walker III, Rhamondre Stevenson, Swift, Zack Moss, Allgeier
WR - Lamb, Olave, McLaurin, Sutton, Jakobi Meyers (on IR)
TE - Kelce, Engram

I guess I could look at dropping Sutton or McLaurin instead, but I figured I was dropping one of those once Meyers comes off the IR. I felt like a lot of my other RBs had more upside, but I get your point that if Bijan goes down then Allgeier will get a ton of carries.

I should probably just drop Engram, I was just still nervous about Kelce's knee. There's some good enough replacements at TE if Kelce goes down.

You almost never need to roster two TEs. Drop Engram for now.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Ugh, same guy that got Puka last week just picked up Ford this week. I gotta stop tinkering with kickers and TE so I can climb the wire.

Sorry, that was also me. I've now spent 100% of my FAAB between Puka and Ford and I don't regret it.

Bids for Ford this week (out of $60): 38, 36, 33, 23, 22, 10, 8, 7, 1

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

I'm a Packers fan and dropped Dillon with extreme prejudice after last weekend. He doesn't even have handcuff value. Drop him.

Yeah, I'm kind of sad because I remember when he looked very good, so much so that people were calling for him to take over for Aaron Jones. He was a perennial late-round pick for me that I was always happy to grab. But now it just looks like he has nothing in the tank.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

saintonan posted:

Someone dropped Breece in my work league. I don't really want any part of the Jets trashfire offense, but man I feel like I have to put a claim in on him.

Holy poo poo, yes. Back up the truck for that man.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

Here’s a question for you Ford owners. If you knew Hunt was signing today, would you have still spent what you did in FAAB?

100%. If he was any good, any of the other teams out there would have signed him by now. They even made him tryout again. I think anyone putting in bids for Ford, expecting him to be pretty much the only RB on the roster, would be fooling themselves. Personally, I viewed my bid as a bid on the situation, and that hasn't changed with the signing of Hunt.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I am extremely happy to have Howell as my second QB in my Super flex/2QB leagues.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

You could probably drop him to waivers and nobody would pick him up right now.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

abelwingnut posted:

also, if we're talking deep leagues and you're in a superflex, malik willis should be on your radar.

i just don't see how tennessee can keep going with tannehill for much longer, and willis will run at the very least. i also really do like tennessee's receivers, so...there's good upside there.

again, very, very deep leagues.

As an example, I picked up Willis as a stash in my 14-team Superflex with like six bench spots and an extra flex spot. There's basically nobody on the waiver wire, which makes it an easy stash call for me.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Bellmaker posted:

Musgrave may be amazing but the idea of picking up a TE for TNF makes me ill

I picked up Musgrave and I'm playing him over Waller. I'm also leaning towards playing KC DST over the Eagles DST.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

No, it is the players who are bad.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Also played Logan Thomas. I'm just gonna roll out Waller from now on.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

There's definitely a way to change it because my ESPN league has waivers that process at 11am EST.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Docjowles posted:

Weird. If there's a setting I sure as hell can't find it even with commissioner access :iiam: It always runs in the middle of the night. Can't find anything on google either.

Just checked, and this is what ours looks like. I took over as LM this year, and this was setup a long time ago, but it looks like I can still make changes if I want to. We also never have a FA period (as in, waivers/FAAB is always running so you can't just pick up someone whenever you want), so that might be why we get these options.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Yeah, crazy things happen in divisional games. Especially AFC East games. It's pretty funny to see the Patriots with the best divisional record despite being 2-5.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

In a 2QB, 0.5PPR league and trying to upgrade one of my QBs because it's pretty dire. I'm currently sitting on Howell, Stroud, and Watson for QBs, and the Burrow owner is interested in a trade.

I also have some other WR and RB pieces I could work with:

RBs: Taylor, Pollard, Aaron Jones, Spears, Hubbard
WRs: Hill, ARSB, Puka, Addison, Godwin

Thinking I'd start with an offer of:

Howell + ARSB for Burrow and going to Stroud + ARSB if they want a little bit more.

Am I overpaying? Underpaying? I'm finding it hard to price Burrow at the moment.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

My one good decision this year was drafting CJ Stroud in the 16th round of my 2QB keeper league.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

I should probably drop Christian Watson for Jahan Dotson in PPR, right?

Dotson seems to be taking off and the whole Packers offense is terrible (I say that as a Packers fan). I won't be starting Watson except in the most extremely dire cases with dudes like Meyers, Higgins, Downs, Diontae Johnson ahead of him.

I would 100% do that. Watson, and the entire Packers offense, have looked awful all year because Love is just not a good QB.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

How is everyone feeling about Stroud's chances vs CIN?

Honestly, at this point, I have about as much faith in him as anyone else.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Received trade offer:

Give: J Conner
Get: Lockett

I like it from the perspective of getting a known quantity for a crapshoot, and I'm a bit WR needy. Thoughts?

I think you can get someone better for Conner.

Also got a very spicy trade offer this morning:

2QB, 0.5 PPR:

I give:
- CJ Stroud
- Sam Howell
- Tyjae Spears

I get:
- Lamar Jackson
- Gardner Minshew
- Cooper Kupp

Seems like an obvious mash? Am I missing something here? It is a keeper league and I drafted all of those guys, so there's definitely some solid keeper value on their end.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 10, 2023

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Yeah, all good points that are what made me think about it for a minute. They seem pretty eager to get some keeper value so I'll probably counter with something else.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Floofy posted:

Is Stroud/k Allen for Burrow a good trade is 0.5PPR? ( I have Burrow).

It’s redraft and I’m not in contention, where as he is. Because it’s redraft, I want to be spiteful and and say if I can’t win, neither can you. I was trying to get more out of him (aj brown) with a bigger trade if he wanted burrow that badly. My WR group is not good, so even Allen would be a big upgrade, but stroud v Burrow ROS is a bit scary how the Bengals are trending way up. Also have Kyler on the bench

Advice?

If you're not in contention, then you have alllll the power here because, fundamentally, they want the trade way more than you do. I would only do it if you feel really good about what you're getting.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

kiimo posted:

I have a legit decision to make about starting a rookie QB in Stroud over Mahomes moving forward

Sounds like you want to play Stroud and trade Mahomes!

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Vargo posted:

I had just started putting Stroud over Tua and then the Kyler I was carrying on IR woke up and now I have three QBs that will all be startable on different weeks and I will never choose right

Trade two and then that decision becomes very easy!

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Very happy this isn't playoff week.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

RCarr posted:

lol I’d kill to have your all star team

Save me, entire roster of first and second round picks!

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I started Bryce Young in the playoffs. I will not be taking any questions.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I think there's likely a bit of a correlation between draft and final standing, but there's also an overwhelming amount of variance from player health, to weekly matchups, coaching decisions, and many other factors, that just make the initial draft have little importance.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

What else happened in this draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

The most important schedule: https://x.com/chargers/status/1790895458581467314