Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Anybody have any thoughts/insights on DeWayne McBride? With the news that the Vikes are likely going to part with Cook, it seems like he could luck into a great opportunity.

I’m on the clock early in round 4 and can’t decide if I want to reach a small bit. I guess at this point in the draft it’s all a bit of a crapshoot, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ha. There's actually 7 rounds. We have a very deep taxi system. This just feels like my last pick that isn't a total diceroll. Eh. I took him.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

kiimo posted:

The guy that took Hendon Hooker in the third round of our dynasty rookie draft realized he had too many QBs and dropped him.

What is a reasonable amount of my $1000 FAB that I should bid on him. I'm feeling 300 but may be overestimating his worth.

dude threw 80 touchdowns in college even if he's older than dirt and coming off an ACL. Detroit has so many weapons.

I mean, how close are you to your QB limit? You said pre-draft that you didn't need a QB and then drafted a QB. I'm all for holding too many QBs in a superflex dynasty for trade chips/contingency, but that strategy still has limits.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah. It's sort of a bad position for him having three top ten-ish QBs as he's almost deflating their value. But depending on what the trade partner has, Tee Higgins seems like an okay ask.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Spoeank posted:

I got offered Kendrick Bourne for my 5.06 today and I was like "alright fine who cares"

Hell yeah.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Sataere posted:

You gotta mention that the compensation for keeping them is tied to current ADP in the original post! That has a huge impact in my decision making. I just keep the guy who costs me the least.

They did, to be fair. Although my eyes also glazed over the wording at first glance.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Ayudo posted:

So it's Fournette, Hunt, or bust for Miami. Seems not ideal, but maybe old man Mostert can put together a season this year.

It would be great if something could happen with Fournette and Hunt already, since I have both of them on my dynasty team…as well as Wilson and Taylor. I have okay depth and the league has weird settings, but agh. So many question marks that I’d like to resolve.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It’s my most casual league, but I missed the first few rounds of my first draft of the weekend this morning and autodrafted Kupp with the third pick. Then had to settle for Richardson, Wilson and Jimmy G in a 2QB league. lol Should be a fun challenge. I like most of the rest of my picks, anyway.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Backup QBs are fine at the right value. As long as you don’t have like Burrow and Lamar and you’re just praying someone overpays for one of them, it’s cool

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Lmao just drafted him for the first time ever 2 hours ago. Extremely cool.

Lol. I think I’ve had him once across all my leagues. Grabbed him in multiple places this year, so of course this happens

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

ShowTime posted:

Yea, kind of. And I don't mind you all making GBS threads on me. This is my first league and i'm trying to get the hang of it. I'd also add that I have Jalent Hurts and Zach Charbonnet is 4th on my depth chart, in which i'm trading for a RB. I'm pretty confident I make it to the playoffs and want to capitalize on that.

Aside from all of the other discussion you've provoked, remember it's freakin' week 2. Pretend you're Zach Wilson under the learning tree of Aaron Rodgers. Read the discussions all of the seasoned fantasy managers in this thread are having about certain players and strategies in general, instead of coming in and going "I'm gonna trade a QB2 and an RB flyer for a top 5 overall player" or confidently stating that you're going to make the playoffs in fantasy football before week 2 is even over.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

abelwingnut posted:

and here is the reason you draft a top te, a good def, and a decent kicker. you want these positions to be as set-it-and-forget-it as possible, otherwise they'll slowly nibble you down on waivers/faab and prevent you from bidding on the positions that turn over and matter.

Or just wait until waivers clear and grab someone out of FA. 90% of the time, you're going to get who you want or an equivalent replacement since all of those positions are weekly coinflips after the top tier.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

T-Square posted:

Well I now have Bijan AND Taylor lol

Do tell.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

T-Square posted:

Our negotiations snowballed into basically trading each other a third of our rosters lol. This is either gonna sink me or help me out in the long run, but I honestly don’t hate it and I’m fine with whatever happens because I needed a little upside gamble with Taylor to be competitive with the top teams right now down the line.

I sent:
AJ Brown
ETN
Montgomery
Stafford (Who I just picked up for $0 on waivers this week to cover Richardson just in case lol)

I got:
Bijan
Taylor
T-Law
McLauren
Addison

You did good.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I'm in the same boat except replace Fields with Burrow. I went with Howell because...uhh I'm not really sure why. All I know is I know have 3 QBs.

Howell is good. Not great. He's going to settle into a nice high-floor, very occasional upside sorta guy, I think.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Unless the state of the wire is so bleak that Dobbs is the only guy out there, you probably don't need to roster a backup.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
If there's that many QBs on the wire, I wouldn't bother with a backup. You shouldn't have problems covering for a bye or continued TLaw shittiness, and I really don't see anyone on that list that jumps out more than the others. There simply has to be a better WR/RB flyer if you're dropping a D.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Matt Zerella posted:

I’m on the Wandale train today with SunGod out. Riding with Fight Club Sandwich.

:same:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Giving up a 2025 1st isn’t enough but it also seems good to someone who’s new so I sorta get it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I love Thielen, especially in PPR. Already had him in 3 of 5 leagues and was shocked to be able to grab him off waivers in another yesterday. He's the perfect security blanket in that dismal offense.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Are you sure Dillon wasn't dropped by somebody else, like, yesterday? If that's the case, he could be on waivers instead of a free agent depending on league settings.

And Dillon getting the start got me a sub 1 point loss in one league, and thus 0-4 on the week in all my head to head leagues. Woof. Thought I'd salvage that one.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Should I trade an RB for Brock Purdy and ditch the qbs? If so which. I only have one win so far 🥲
Other team i would trade already has Hurts.

What? No.

Zero_Grade posted:

Got a trade offer: my Aaron Jones for his Cortland Sutton. Now as loath as am I to have any part of the 2023 Broncos, Sutton's been pretty decent and Jones has done nothing since week 1. On the other hand, I'm a bit down at RB after Conner's injury. My WR: Davis, Kirk, Rice, Higgins; RB: Montgomery, Jacobs, Dillon, Conner. I don't necessarily need to make a move with my current record, but I'm mildly leaning towards pulling the trigger?

What? No.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’m doing decently well in all of my leagues except one, where I am now 2-5 after losing by less than 5 points tonight despite a Jordan Addison surge. I also have a loss by less than 2 points and a loss by less than one point. Just brutal poo poo.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

ferroque posted:

Who can I sell high on Foreman for?

No one?

That’s just one of those types of players you get lucky that you got nice short-term value out of. Maaaybe the Herbert or Roschon owner would bite on something, but not much. Maybe a bench receiver.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Don’t give up Sun God for a slight QB upgrade.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
That guy doesn't sound like he wants to part with Achane.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I wouldn’t do it. Monty is better than Rhamondre and Allen has a pretty brutal ROS schedule.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Bellmaker posted:

Kendrick Bourne tore his ACL in case you were worried about having to roster a Patriot player :rip:

Ugh. He was such an unexpectedly nice pickup.

And I guess some things just happen when you're in 5 leagues, but I can't believe I rostered two separate QBs that were doing well and went down for the season in the same league (Kirk and ARich), and now I'm going to have to scoop, like, Dobbins off the wire. And in a separate superflex auction league, I drafted 4 QBs, traded 1 (Goff) for other depth immediately and have now lost Richardson for the year and Pickett has broken ribs or something. Might have to trade my WR depth for a mediocre QB to salvage my season. It's a bloodbath out there. Championships are going to be won through pure attrition.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I’d third dropping Engram if you can’t trade him. I highly doubt you regret dropping him nearly as much as you’d regret losing a close matchup because you rolled without a TE.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The problem with Engram is that while he is a good stable piece in ppr, the drop from him to the top waiver churn TEs isn’t that big. So if you hope to trade him it’s going to have to be as a secondary piece to a larger trade. And good luck working that out in 3 days when it’s already clear that your back is against the wall of not having a TE to start this week.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Reverse the trade after the dude sleeps with the other dude's wife imo

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I felt really good after last week and then had disastrous weeks in all of my leagues this week. Really hope byes screw other people next week.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Jingleheimer posted:

I started the season off 4-0, then JJ got hurt, and now I'm 6-4. I really could have used him this week. Hell, I'd probably be 8-2 right now if Adams wasn't being wasted on the Raiders. It's been really hard not to make a panic trade, but it's dynasty, and I don't want to make my team worse for the future to win a few weeks now. Next week I'm playing the guy who's tanking, so I'm hoping JJ takes another week off because I won't need him to win.

I’d want to make sure I was getting good value, but moving Adams in dynasty wouldn’t be a terrible move. He’s still got the talent and marquee name but he is 30 and on a team that’s not using him to his fullest.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I was having discussions to maybe trade for Likely in my dynasty league in case Andrews got hurt, but didn’t finalize anything and forgot Ravens were the Thursday game. Welp.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
My no QB, no TE strategy is working out perfectly

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
“Before the bye next Monday night in Chicago”

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Jingleheimer posted:

Who is the better survivor pick this week, Lions vs Bears or Commanders vs Giants? The Giants are worse than the Bears (I think), but the Commanders are worse than the Lions. With Fields and Herbert returning, I think that game will be closer than people think. And as a Lions fan, I've been conditioned to expect bad things to happen. On the other hand, I don't know what to think about Washington since they traded away their good defensive players, I feel like it's possible the Giants could pull a win out of their asses this week.

The Giants are still starting something called a Tommy DeVito, right?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

WE DOIN IT NOW posted:

Trying to convince myself that I won this trade in my 1 qb dynasty league. Currently going for a rebuild and still fighting for last place unfortunately. Had 4 1sts.

Sent: Tua + Amon-Ra + Late 24 1st + Late 24 2nd
Got: Burrow + Chase

I feel pretty great about it but by all the calculator sites I lost out. But I’ve got Burrow and Chase as a core now and hopefully can swing MHJ if I lose the next 4 games which I’m projected to but projections have generally been bullshit this year.

Still got 2 early 1sts and a mid to late.

Sorry to say, but I think you lost this trade. Nothing catastrophically bad, but I think the other side is clearly better, for my liking.

My dynasty league has divisions. I like it, especially with the dynasty format as it seeds longstanding rivalries.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Likely was really good filling in last year, but really did nothing last week. He’s a total crapshoot, but I think the talent is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
So nice of Jefferson to finally come back the week I’m playing against him in a win and you’re in scenario in the league I care most about.