Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

I ended up being on the other end of someone tearing their team down for Caleb. I traded 2 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds, 1 2025 1st, and 4.03 this year and got back CMC, Davante Adams, and Mark Andrews. And he was kind enough to let me keep 1.03 where I took Bryce Young. I probably only have the second best team after the trade but I can make a good run for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

My god, that is a freakin' haul for both teams. CMC could end up being unreal this year and the other two are legit. The fact that you had all those picks to begin with is crazy.

Yeah I'm excited for it. This is the third year of our league and I've been in the basement the entire time. I had a stockpile of 2024 picks from a mini rebuild last year where I got a 1st and 3rd for Stafford and Pollard, a 1st for Javonte Williams, and traded Amari Cooper and Njoku for a 2nd each. Also had a couple extra 4ths and 5ths from some other random deals. And after moving all those picks it still leaves me with one pick in each round for next year's draft.

CMC/Adams/Andrews will go nicely with Jefferson and Garrett Wilson. And hopefully Bryce Young balls out because my other QBs are on the average to weaker side with Prescott/Love/Mac Jones (Dak should be fine but he threw a lot of picks last year so who knows).

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
It's SF but yeah that's what I'm hoping on. I almost traded one of Mac/Love for Henry, it didn't work out but I might revisit it at a later time. I could use another good RB but Henry scares me, he should have fallen off a cliff a couple of years ago. Having good QB depth is also a good thing. Half the teams are desperate for a QB so that's a nice little advantage to have.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

SF that roster is a lot scarier. You'll need a lot to go right with your quarterbacks

Yeah...and I no one is going to trade a better QB without me giving up a lot. I'm probably going to hope for some luck that Mac turns it around and/or Love ends up actually being good.

I'm hoping Hooker falls to me at 3.02 but I dont think he will.

My rookie draft just finished up this morning. Hooker went 2.05. It might cost you filling up your taxi squad, but maybe you could package some of the picks you have to move up into the 2nd round. Or if Hooker doesn't fall to you, there are some guys available in the later rounds that probably won't be good but might be usable eventually.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

kiimo posted:

Post the draft results

https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/916908233556705281

The one thing I really wanted to do but couldn't pull off in the draft was give up more in that big trade I posted earlier and get 2.09 back so I could take Hyatt there. The other guy wouldn't budge on that part though. We had a total of 9 trades during the draft.

Jingleheimer fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 10, 2023

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I just went back and checked my rookie draft. Levis went at 2.02 followed by Mingo, LaPorta, Hooker, and Mayer. Levis is the only one of those guys I don't like, I think any of the others would be good choices at 2.02.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I drafted Young at 3 in my superflex league. I ended up trading him with 2 1sts and a 2nd for Herbert and Mike Williams. I trust that Young's brain is elite, but I just can't put my faith in a player who looks like a child on the field. My window is pretty much this year and next year, after that it's going to be a rough rebuild for me.

About half of us in that league are doing another SF dynasty league. We're doing the startup draft in about a week. I'm picking 11th and I'm not liking the QB options there. I'm probably going to end up reaching for my QBs a little ahead of their ADP. Even if the rest of my team isn't great, I at least want to make sure I have depth at QB.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
We're doing a 3rd round reversal where the draft doesn't snake after the 2nd round. It's not going to help me with the QB situation since all the good ones will be gone, but I'll have picks 1.11, 2.02, and 3.02. Even if my QBs are weaker, I should be happy with whoever I take with my first few picks.

Auction draft would be better for the league, but I don't think it was ever discussed. Now that everyone is older, it's more difficult to coordinate a draft time between everyone's jobs/families/personal poo poo. It's much more practical to do a slow draft, and if it takes a week to complete the draft so be it. If I'm in the clock while I'm at work, it's no big deal to wait a few hours and make my pick while I'm on my lunch break or when I get home, no pressure.

Auction drafts are definitely better and more exciting. But this is a 30 round draft we're doing, I'm absolutely cool with a slow snake draft that won't interfere with my personal life.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm doing a 12 team SF dynasty startup draft tomorrow. I have the 11th pick and don't know who to take. Any advice would be appreciated. I assume the top 10 is going to be close to some order of:

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Hurts
4. Burrow
5. Herbert
6. Jackson
7. Jefferson
8. Lawrence
9. Fields
10. Chase

After that I think there's a drop off. I hate the idea of taking a RB first, but Bijan is probably the best player available there. I could probably trade up into the top 5 but I'm not sure if it would be worth the draft capital it would cost me to do so. It looks like I'll be trying to build a team without an elite QB, so I think I'm going to prioritize youth by taking guys like Young and/or Stroud and hope they pan out. Developing a draft strategy would be much easier for me if I wasn't picking so late.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

ranbo das posted:

Do you have a third round reversal? If so I might consider doing something like AR 1.11, AJB or GW 2.02 and Murray 3.02. Basically punt a season for the potential to be a beast

We are doing 3rd round reversal. If those were my first 3 picks that's probably getting the best value for my picks, but I just don't like AR or Murray at all. I would rather draft Watson (don't like him either) or Prescott (meh). If I really want to punt a season I could see what I could get for 1.11. Maybe a 2024 1st and a mid round startup pick. But I'm probably better off just using the pick on someone like Bijan or Lamb. I could always trade a guy like Bijan later on for a haul and stock up on future picks if I feel that my team isn't good enough to compete in the near future.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I just did a dynasty startup draft a couple weeks ago. If I'm not happy with my team and want to tear it down and rebuild, should I trade Bijan? I wouldn't be competing for a couple of years so running backs are less important to me, and we order rookie draft positions by max points. As much as I'd hate to part with Bijan I think that's my best bet if I want to make a move for Caleb Williams. Right now the offer I'm considering making is Bijan and Stafford for Stroud and a 1st round rookie pick in 2024 and 2025.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
In one of my dynasty leagues where I'm contending, I'm trying to trade for Henry, but I don't want to be stuck holding the bag on him, so I'm asking the guy to send me Spears with him and he won't budge. I should probably just overpay a little bit because I think my window closes after next year. I might as well go all out now.

I have the opposite problem in my other dynasty league (also superflex). This is our first year and I wasn't happy with my startup draft, so I decided to go full blown tank. After a few drinks last night, I traded Bijan Robinson, Dak Prescott, and Khalil Herbert for 3 2024 1st round picks and a 2025 1st. I probably should have asked for more, but I don't think he would have accepted the trade if I did. Trading Bijan wasn't easy, he could have still been useful to me after a 3 year rebuild. But my goal is to tank for Caleb Williams since my current qbs arent great, and our rookie draft order is determined by max points, so I wanted to get all those guys off of my team. My team is terrible now but at least I have 8 picks in the first two rounds of our 2024 rookie draft. They can't all be busts, right? ...right?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I split an entry with a few friends into a large survivor pool, part of our discussion for our pick this week was who was more likely to lose between the Cardinals, Texans, and Bucs rather than which team playing against them is more likely to win.

Survivor pools are fun and I wish I was in more than one.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Re trading for King Henry and asking for Spears too: I can understand your trade partner. I think you should either get Henry cheap or overpay to get Spears too. Probably pay less for just Henry in case the Tits turn into a pumpkin next year if they ditch Tanny and their OL still sucks. Its a tough spot. What kind of trade compensation are you looking at? have you compared on any of the sites like KTC to gauge the value of the offer? I have a contending team but when I saw the going rate for Henry was a first I dropped the idea.

The offer I made for Henry/Spears was Mac Jones/Pacheco as a starting point, and would have thrown in a 3rd round pick or something if he wanted to negotiate. Mac Jones is meh but he desperately needs a qb. But now I have to stick with Mac Jones as my qb3 because today someone randomly offered me a 2024 1st and 3rd, and a 2025 2nd for Jordan Love. I'm high on Love and didn't want to trade him, and certainly not for just draft capital since I'm competing and want players rather than picks. But the value was too good to pass up, and I'll probably make another offer for Henry/Spears using the 1st I just got.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah, unless I'm tanking in dynasty I would take Sanders for Spears straight up. But I'm not as crazy about Spears as some are. He's a decent enough backup, but outside of a Henry injury this season he's not guaranteed to be the lead back in Tennessee going forward. They could easily bring someone else in when they move on from Henry.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Free survivor league, anyone? This is where you pick a team every week and they win, you aren't eliminated. But you can't pick the same team twice in the year.

https://fantasy.espn.com/free-prize...d7-1b16a7bb42b1

Just joined. Good timing because I was thinking about starting one myself and decided against it because it's so close to the start of the season and didn't want to scramble to find people at the last minute.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Toney is going to only have like 2 maybe 3 catches but one of them is going to be a 70yd TD pass.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

Just quoting this for posterity

This is a bit of a stretch here, but I'm going to say I was kind of right. The word catch might not have been entirely accurate, and I never specified which end zone it was going to end up in.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
It's interesting to look at my dynasty team and see how quickly things can turn around with some good offseason moves. I had a good stock of draft picks at the end of last season where I ended up with the 3rd pick of the rookie draft and was looking at a promising rebuild. Here's how my starting roster looked at the end of last season. This is a 12 team PPR superflex league.

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: James Cook
RB: Isiah Pacheco
WR: Justin Jefferson
WR: Garrett Wilson
WR: Nick Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Cole Kmet
Flex: Jauan Jennings
Flex: K.J. Osborn
SF: Mac Jones

I decided to say gently caress the long rebuild right before the rookie draft and just trade the picks to make my team good now, so now my team looks like this:

QB: Justin Herbert
RB: CMC
RB: Isiah Pacheco
WR: Justin Jefferson
WR: Garrett Wilson
WR: Davante Adams
TE: Mark Andrews
Flex: Mike Williams
Flex: James Cook
SF: Dak Prescott

I'm not going to list all my bench players because there's so many of then, but the useful ones are Mac Jones, Bateman, Penny, Gainwell, and Parris Campbell. I still want to add another RB and WR for more depth, but I think I'm going to wait a month and see what holes I'll need to fill between bye weeks and injuries.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I have CMC, Justin Jefferson, and Davante Adams. I'm going to be so loving mad if I lose this week because I'm playing against the guy who has Jakobi Meyers. No, if I lose I will simply blame it on the shocking injury of Mike Williams.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I just want to give a shout out to Tyreek Hill for being the only player in my league to put up more fantasy points than the Cowboys defense.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
What should do about Kyren Williams? I have him in my dynasty league where I'm tanking and rebuilding and I don't have much use for him right now. I got offered a (likely late) 3rd round rookie pick for him, and my gut is telling me to just take it even though I think he's probably worth more than that. Is he going to be used enough that I should try to get more for him later in the season?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

I’d counter for a second at least just to see what happens.

Sataere posted:

Yeah, I'd at least make sure I got a second. He looks like he could at least be a volume back. That is worth a second.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot but I don't think he'll go for it. It would have to be his 2026 2nd since that's the only 2nd he has, so maybe he'll do it for a pick that far out.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Mattison isn't good, and it's only a matter of time until Swift and Williams get hurt. I certainly wouldn't accept that for Chase, and I would need significantly more to even consider it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Which player would you rather have in dynasty, Jayden Reed or Trey McBride? It's a PPR league with TE premium. I can get one of them in a trade and not sure which one to go with. My gut is telling me Reed, but my overthinking brain is telling me McBride.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Just got a trade offer in my superflex dynasty league where I'm tanking.

Give: Sam Howell, 2024 late 1st, 2024 late 2nd

Get: Justin Fields

I'm not sure about Howell long term, but I should probably just stay away from Fields, right? Even if I really wanted him I think that might be a bit too much to give up.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Am I crazy for thinking about trading Jefferson in dynasty since I'm in win now mode? I'd be wanting to get a top 10 RB and top 15-20ish WR plus another startable WR for depth, maybe something like Hall/Ridley/Thielen (doesn't seem like enough now that I'm looking at it but it would really help me out I think). Or should I just hope Jefferson comes back eventually and puts up numbers in time for playoffs?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
It sucks that being down 20 points and having both Herbert and Prescott to go is pretty much negated by my opponent having Ekeler and Lamb. I had a brief period yesterday that I thought I had a chance of winning without Justin Jefferson and the football gods told me to gently caress off by injuring CMC.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

It's so dumb that it won't show me whose left in the eliminator. I guess that's to stop people from ganging up on someone who doesn't want to split the pot.

Is anyone here one of the two remaining teams in FA Survivor league on ESPN?

I'm one of the two left. And yeah it's annoying how ESPN handles survivor.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I have Jefferson in dynasty and I'm toying with the idea of trading him because I'm all in on this year and want to stay competitive. But even then, the return I'd want would be a top 10 RB and two startable WRs, one of which being a top 20 receiver. I think I can still make the playoffs without JJ, so most likely I'll just hold on to him and hope they don't keep him out, but I am willing to consider offers for him.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

kiimo posted:

Okay pick two

Rhamondre Stevenson
Jonathan Taylor
David Montgomery

Taylor for sure, and Stevenson probably has a slight edge over Montgomery if it's PPR, otherwise I'd go with Monty.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I started the season off 4-0, then JJ got hurt, and now I'm 6-4. I really could have used him this week. Hell, I'd probably be 8-2 right now if Adams wasn't being wasted on the Raiders. It's been really hard not to make a panic trade, but it's dynasty, and I don't want to make my team worse for the future to win a few weeks now. Next week I'm playing the guy who's tanking, so I'm hoping JJ takes another week off because I won't need him to win.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

DeepDickPizza posted:

I’d want to make sure I was getting good value, but moving Adams in dynasty wouldn’t be a terrible move. He’s still got the talent and marquee name but he is 30 and on a team that’s not using him to his fullest.

I'm making a run for it this year, so as annoying as it is to have Adams this year, I won't be trading him. I was toying with the idea of trading Garrett Wilson for a downgrade at WR and a decent RB, but I didn't like the value that was being offered to me. I'm just going to try making a less exciting trade for middling but still usable players like Courtland Sutton. My starting lineup is good enough that I just need a little more depth to get through bye weeks and weather any injuries that might happen.

The most annoying thing about that league is that out of 12 teams, only one of them doesn't have a shot at the playoffs. So there aren't many people willing to sell off their good players just yet.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Who is the better survivor pick this week, Lions vs Bears or Commanders vs Giants? The Giants are worse than the Bears (I think), but the Commanders are worse than the Lions. With Fields and Herbert returning, I think that game will be closer than people think. And as a Lions fan, I've been conditioned to expect bad things to happen. On the other hand, I don't know what to think about Washington since they traded away their good defensive players, I feel like it's possible the Giants could pull a win out of their asses this week.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Uh sorry to whoever I advised to play the Commanders in survivor. Hopefully you did not do that

We did and it was a bummer but I don't blame you. The deciding factor to go with Commanders over Lions was because our choices weren't great for next week and figured the Lions were the best pick to use there. Division games are always weird and the Lions struggled to beat the Bears themselves.

It was a large pool that I split an entry with a buddy of mine. $300 entry fee with about 1100 entries, so 330k prize. There were about 130 left, and almost half of them picked Commanders (there were also 2 people who didn't make a pick which a pretty dumb mistake this late). It was getting to the point where I cared more about the survivor picks than I did my fantasy teams. We had a couple of opportunities to sell our entry to an eliminated person that wanted to buy back in. Could have walked away with a few thousand but decided to ride or die.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been talking about a trade with a guy in my PPR dynasty league where I'm competing. I need to replace Andrews and my current best option is Okonkwo.

Give: Garrett Wilson, 2024 late 1st
Get: Hockenson, Sutton, Conner

I was on the fence about it before Andrews went down, I mostly wanted Hock so he wouldn't get traded to another contender. I wanted him to include Etienne instead of Conner even if I gave up more on my end, but he won't budge on that. I'm not crazy about parting with Wilson, but outside of some extreme luck it's the best win now move I can make to give me some much needed depth. I should get Jefferson back soon as well which will soften the blow of losing Wilson.

Alternatively, he'll give me just Hockenson for my 2024 1st and 2nd and I wouldn't have to part with Wilson. But that probably won't give me enough depth and I'll be stuck with the likes of Bateman, Gainwell, and Trey Palmer for my flex spots.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

It's a big overpay as it stands. If your picks are definitely going to be late in the round and this is all that stands between you and a championship then I wouldn't balk at a 1st and 2nd for Hock. Especially if it's single-QB, where picks are worth a little less. Wilson is easily the most valuable piece in that deal, though, and is worth more than the other team's side by himself.

I'm aware that it's an overpay and I'm okay with that to make a run for it this year. I'm mostly just looking for some assurance in the form of someone telling me anything besides "thats a massive overpay and you would be dumb to make that trade". The draft picks aren't actually mine but they will be late picks. And it is a superflex league so a late 1st should get a good player and possibly even a decent QB.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I was able to trade for Engram to replace Andrews, hopefully he's good enough to help me make a good playoff run. He was a decent cheap option considering the other more expensive and drastic options I was considering when I was drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

vaginite posted:

I'm in a league that gives 2 wins/losses each week, 1 win/loss for beating your head-to-head, 1 win/loss for beating the median score in the league - i.e. the top half of scorers get a win, the bottom half get a loss.

I'm 15-7 right now in it, so 22 wins/losses so far for each manager.

I was iffy about it at the beginning but I actually like it, because it smooths out stuff like this.

This is good because when you score the second most points and lose to the team that scores the most points, you'll still come away with something.