Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Went outside despite it being cold and lightly raining.

Came back inside and showed his affection by rolling his wet, muddy fur, all over the documents on my desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Heard a commotion in my porch this afternoon and had to recuse a wren from my cat.

Bird was fine. I put it outside but was almost an hour before the shock wore off and then it took off.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

he's staring at me, handsomely

just sizing up which parts he'll eat first if you suddenly die

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Brought a frog into the house on 3 separate occasions today.

Had no clue what to do with them once he did though.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Played outside all day before tiring out and becoming some sort of cat amalgamation.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
On the topic of weird cat behavior, has anyone ever had a cat that nuzzles your hand? That's when they jam their faces into your cupped hand and just mash away while purring loudly for as long as you let them.

When I was a kid both of our cats did it all the time so I just assumed it was something all cats did, but since then I've never had another cat that does it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Roundup Ready posted:

Took a poo poo so stinky I had to light three candles to not gag. Dunno how a 7lb cat can make such a big smell.

Might want to get that checked. Our old cat's poo poo smelled foul when her bowels started to fail.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Made me mad by catching a mouse outside and letting it go inside.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Caesar Saladin posted:

Got back from a five day hospital stay and Lola spent like 5 minutes cleaning me all over, both legs and both arms while I lay there.

I had to spend a week in the hospital this fall so I took my cat to my brother's place to babysit.

She was good there for the first night, then she hid down in the dirt crawlspace beneath the house and just decided that would be her new life now.

He tried to lure her out, but eventually gave up and just left her water and food down there.

If I never made it home she'd probably still living down there.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

About ready to pounce.

I love playing this game with her where I hide just out of view. It really gets her going to play and pounce after me, obviously she loves it too. :D

Just practice for the inevitable day she has to take you out for real.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Hambulance posted:

Sonny was sitting on the chair waiting for me to get home yesterday.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I recently bought a new pet bed for my cats, but I didn't pay attention to the dimensions and ended up getting one meant for a medium sized dog.

The result was bed that is almost comically big for one cat to lay in so I was planning on returning it for a smaller one.

But as fate would have it, it was just about the right size for two cats to use. This is very abnormal since it is possibly the closest they have ever slept together since being kittens. I guess their disdain for one another is outweighed by comfortable memory foam furniture.

And as a bonus, here's a tastefully artistic picture of when a nearby tv screen just happened to have a lot of red going on.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 11, 2024

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mx. posted:

she does look upset but maybe thats not related

That's the same look Kasparov had when he was beaten by Deep Blue.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

rear end-penny posted:

:powercatte:

Wumbus watched me eat breakfast before her as per usual

Mine does that as every morning as well. It's like he's worried that the last food on earth is disappearing into my mouth.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

I gave Oz some treats and he scarfed them all down except for one which he picked up and put in Millie's food bowl so she can get it later :3:

More likely just planting evidence to place blame for his crime.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ChickenHeart posted:

Tried to wrench the bathroom door off its hinges in an adorable fashion

That was a good scene in the movie Signs.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Ceciltron posted:

She has some of the silkiest smooth fur I've ever felt on a short haired cat. Not dusty or fleecelike at all, just silky smooth and soft.

Excuse me, I think you have my cat. Please give back.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
always let the woolie win.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
They just like stealing things. Cats are a evolutionary cousin to raccoons.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Judged me.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I've seen some people claim that their cats react more to silver vine sticks than catnip but I've never tried it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
https://www.facebook.com/reel/1902762250140060

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The big dumb boy was stomping around outside and managed to get a cluster of burs caught in the hair between his legs. They were twisted in so hard we had to hold him down and get the pillars and clippers involved to get them out.

He responded to this trauma by being cuddled by his sister the rest of the day and shooting dirty looks at us when we came near.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I bought a new fluffy cat bed last fall which was sniffed exactly once and then promptly ignore.

Flash forward to today six months later and I guess that was long enough to determine that it wasn't made of poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008