Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Slept on my bed, slept under my bed, slept on the bed again, got so many chin and ear scratchies that he drooled while he was purring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Pomme de Terror posted:

Saw I had peanut butter, so he sat and waited...

I love your username, avatar, and peanut butter-eating cat

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Mine has a new nap spot, under my bed. That's also his new puking spot, so I had to pull my bed from the wall in a hurry when he started making The Noise. Dumbass likes to eat too much too fast, even though I got him one of those slow-down food dishes. (The dish has actually helped a lot, he makes himself sick much, much less frequently.) Fortunately it's a hardwood floor and he didn't have time to seek out carpeting to vomit on

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Puked a massive hairball on my bed

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

The cat I'm watching tried to figure out how my phone works

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Toxic Mental posted:

He just wolfs down all the food as fast as possible regardless of how much or how little he gets

Might get one of those bowls that has grooves in it so it splits the food up so he can’t eat as fast

I got one of those bowls because my cat is also a greedy little bastard who eats too fast, and it's helped so much. He almost never eats fast enough to puke anymore. As an adorable bonus, he sometimes picks individual pieces of kibble out of the bowl with his paw, so he can eat them off the floor instead.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Vakal posted:

On the topic of weird cat behavior, has anyone ever had a cat that nuzzles your hand? That's when they jam their faces into your cupped hand and just mash away while purring loudly for as long as you let them.

When I was a kid both of our cats did it all the time so I just assumed it was something all cats did, but since then I've never had another cat that does it.

Mine does, that usually means he wants ear scratches to go with the face mashing.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

dee eight posted:

nm, a little cosplay

She's so cute!! I'm jealous of anyone who can get their cat to wear clothing

Mine slept in a basket of laundry, slept on my bed, slept on a rug by my bed, slept in the basket again, and demanded food a couple times

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Snuck out of the house, came back about half an hour later smelling like a fireplace. It's a little mystery that's been going on for years: when he gets out during the winter, he sometimes comes back smelling like wood smoke. I don't know where he's going, just that it's in the neighborhood.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

had to put my boy down today, he was only 7. weird af kidney issues, even the vets were confused because he wasn't showing anything a few months ago when we got blood work done for him. in just 2 weeks he lost half his bodyweight and was drooling blood. RIP Finn, will never find another cat like you.

I'm sorry, he was a beautiful little guy.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He tried to lure me into a false sense of security by being all cute and snuggly. Streaky gets super agitated and over-stimulated very easily when he first wakes up from a nap, so all he wants is to curl up around something he can bite and kick.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Finally got himself crammed into the carton

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Who wears a graduation cap?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Caught my cat rubbing her face all over the dog toys. Toys of the dog she hates. :3:

She's marking them as her toys, because she hates the dog and wants to deprive him of his toys. :3:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He was praised in song and given treats for being adorable, and tried to attack me.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Brought a (cooked) chicken drumstick in through the bathroom window and ate it in front of me.

From where?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Three Olives posted:

They went to the vet today for their annual checkup and like always everyone there raved at their names Pushpin and Paperclip. Maybe everyone gets this but I have never seen employees pop out of the woodwork and say "OMG, this is them, I saw their names on the chart this morning!"

I got that with my old cat, Cheese. A couple techs came out to say goodbye to her when I picked her up after she got fixed. One of the vets came out, too, who I think was involved in the surgery, because Cheese gave her specifically the loudest, saltiest meow when the vet said her name.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He's keeping me company while I have Covid. So far he's demanded lots of pets and ear scratches right after coming in from the snow, claimed the middle of the bed for himself, and pestered me to be let in and out of the room about a dozen times. I'm well on the road to recovery thanks to his care.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Having a cat door just sounds like inviting trouble to me. You're just inviting any animal and child small enough to fit, right into your house. The author of Hyperbole and a Half has a story about sneaking into her neighbor's house as a child through the cat flap, sneaking through the guy's house when he was sleeping or not home, and eventually trying to steal his cat.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Out of respect for his game I let him finish it before I tossed it.

Where did he get a cooked chicken leg? Did you ever figure that out?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Streaky has been attending to me while I recover from Covid. Apparently I move around too much for His Majesty, so he's sleeping on a small rug next to the bed. He's currently on one of his legally mandated breaks, one hour of rest for every five minutes worked.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Sneezed in my face a bunch while I was trying to sleep

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Das Boo posted:

I have a mason jar with catnip in it and I let the cats reach in their little cat arms and scoop it out. Except this one.

She slammed her head into the open jar and death spiraled forward. Catnip everywhere. Carnage.

https://youtube.com/shorts/dbiv1L7bh24?si=AXsieEXAVg8S7yFh

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Mx. posted:

i am very sick so my cat is following me around meowing and only stops if i lie down and hold him

Awwww, he wants you to get some rest and get better. He loves you, and also you feed him and that can't be put at risk

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

My cat is similarly not a destructive goblin, and has stretched himself out on crowded tables without knocking things over. He's pretty well behaved in general; the worst thing he does is claw at furniture and carpets when no one's looking.

Cheese, my old cat, liked to knock things over, and did it in front of me a lot. She was a funny cat, I miss her. Streaky is my soulmate and my baby, but Cheese was my girly girl who loved to cuddle and ride on my shoulders.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He got his claws trimmed, and is sulking over the injury to his pride. (And only his pride, he's never been nicked once getting his claws trimmed.)

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

fuctifino posted:

My old cat used to try and look after me when I had bad health relapses, so during one such relapse he dropped a live pigeon at my feet.

I'm glad my cat's idea of taking care of me is to sleep next to my bed. That's a good cat, though

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He's currently fussing with something invisible

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

known troll. i don't think you even own a cat.

Now, he posted a picture of a cat that he says is his, and I choose to believe pencilhands isn't lying and violating the sacred trust of the cat thread. And if he is, then he's in a place where he needs pictures and stories of cats

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He fitted, so he sitted

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

XYZAB posted:

Yesterday I accidentally let her water bowl dry up for the first time ever. After drawing my attention to it, and after having refilled it, she proceeded to drink from it for a solid five straight minutes.

Moments after sating her thirst she decided to imitate a fixture at the Trevi fountain, all over the carpet in the middle of a laminate floor.

Edit: Cat tax.

This post from page one still makes me laugh

I cat-sit for some friends at the last minute this weekend. They hate everyone, but they don't attack me and they tolerate my presence the best, so I'm their regular babysitter. Here's them hating my existence.

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 19, 2024

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

AtomikKrab posted:

Not exactly today but

All four of the related cats (orange and black mother, her large black son, and then her two brainless orange children) were enjoying afternoon sun.

Halloween cats!!

Edit: I'm now subscribed to a YouTube channel about a Japanese family and their first ever cat, a former stray who adopted them. https://youtu.be/WWxFHIO2S_M?si=qixSs8CHQVjZeAZE

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 22, 2024

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Streaky knows when it's 10 pm, because that's when I give him a churu. Last night he was very disappointed that he had to remind me it was after 10. This morning he chomped on my foot through the covers for five minutes. Right now he's resting on my bed and waiting for his nightly treat.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

kaom posted:

Interrupted a meeting by jumping up onto my desk and ramming me in the face so hard she slipped back off again.

That rules. What did the other people say?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He snuck out to his secret family again. Whoever it is must live really close, because he was only gone for about twenty minutes. Now he's sleeping on my bed

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I'm cat sitting an adorable kitty who loves to snuggle, and has taken at least one nap on top of me every day. I love that she's so cuddly.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Lol

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Thank you, I'm stealing this

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He's lying on my bed with his body stretched out and his paws tucked in, so he looks like a little kitty sausage or hot dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Das Boo posted:

Noon got on the table and ate the ever-loving poo poo out of some canned spinach.
I... I don't...
It had vinegar in it?! Cats aren't supposed to like vinegar?!

My old cat Cheese would eat almost anything once. She loved fruit, even though cats aren't supposed to be able to taste sweetness. She would actually open bags with her teeth and then eat like half a plum when I wasn't home. Catnip didn't do anything for her, but she went crazy for cucumbers; i caught her drinking cucumber juice from a kitchen towel