Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

So my big takeaway from that showcase is that I want to know which other platforms the MGS Classic Collection Vol 1 is coming to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Alright so what are the expectations for Nintendo in all this?

Likely they just drop a Direct at a weeks notice or will they be part of Geoff’s thing?

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Oh definitely.

The Turbo Nerds do seem to keep a good track of when they're "due" though. Curious if there's any particular intel about one on the immediate horizon.

It does feel like the right time to see what's beyond TotK other than Pikmin 4. I'm not in a rush for a Switch 2 either so not anticipating a software crash for the Switch.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

njsykora posted:

So what's Capcom potentially got in the tank? The only thing I can think of since they already announced Street Fighter 6's first DLC wave is Monster Hunter World 2 since it's been a few years since Rise.

In a world where even Konami are doing it for MGS, the lack of an RE Classics collection is one of gaming's weirdest omissions. It's the thing I'm going to continue hoping for every time one of these shows rolls around.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

njsykora posted:

They've done so many bundles of old RE games over the years though, and you can still play all the mainline entries on modern consoles since they all got rereleased for last gen.

I'll be honest, what I'm really getting at is that I want the original games on Steam.

I also think getting them on Switch would be nice for the handheld play, and they've never been on Xbox. Can you play them natively on a PS5? I've not been keeping up with Sony's subscription's but do you need to stream them?

RE is an industry tentpole and, much like MGS, I think it's one of those series that needs to remain as accessible as possible moving forward with as little friction or "which platform can I play this on?" bullshit as we can get. Those original games are legit classics and haven't been diminished by the remakes, and I just think it should be easier to play them today regardless what platform you're on. I think it'd sell, too.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

njsykora posted:

As a general rule though I don't expect any series being remade as much as Resident Evil to keep the original versions around.

That's a shame though and something I hope changes. I like all of the remakes - I think REmake 1 is GOAT tier and even enjoyed REmake 3 more than most seem to - but they're not replacements for the OG trilogy, and they should remain commercially available in more places than they are.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Keigh3

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

exquisite tea posted:

People will finally have to start admitting that the embarrassing floor shows were an invaluable element to the E3 experience. You mocked them and now boring trailers are all you get.

The hype was always the build up, the memes, the dumb poo poo, the reports from the show floor, the shows afterwards that only really came together because everyone in the industry was in the same place for a week.

We now have none of that except rolling commercials, and it turns out they're the shittest bit.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Frostpunk is miserable as gently caress. Good game though.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Oh poo poo! Capcom ID!!!!

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Please stop taking about Exporimal.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Capcom really said “we’ve been killing it lately so we’re taking a loving year off, see ya”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

This has been fun.

Things I still wanna know in broad, general terms from here;

- Codemasters WRC 23, where is it?
- Armored Core gameplay (I see we're getting that today)
- Hello, Silent Hill 2?
- What other "modern platforms" MGS 1-3 is coming to
- I sure hope I can play Starfield on my Steam Deck