Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh you’ve redecorated! It’s badly spelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CPColin posted:

Decompress Main Shuttlebay

Bwaa-bwaa bwaa-bwaa

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

Similarly in His Way, the "bow tie" is slightly off, it's the wrong shape, and layered incorrectly as it's under his shirt collar instead of sticking out of the front like it should be. Unless that's an older style of tie that I'm unfamiliar with. :P

That’s one of the ways bow ties used to be worn, yes. The bow tuck. Sometimes you still see it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve never seen the turtleneck undersuit they wore in Voyager, and it looks really comfortable??

This was Garrett Wang’s, and answers the question of how they peed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

drat, Walter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

i never really watched boston legal when it was on the air, were those jump cuts and weird pans in the original? good lord that's distracting

That was my only thought, I could barely pay attention to the scene. It seems like there’s a cut every second, and it’s incredibly frustrating to watch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh, perfect.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/thetrekcentral/status/1678538124656295938

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I saw a snatch of some random season 5 episode last night, and Picard was so warm to Bev, it’s easy to forget they did a really good job of humanising him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kesper North posted:

IIRC one of Okuda's technical manuals literally says that LCARS authenticates you by fingerprint and a few other metrics every time you touch the panel, they just never actually used that in the show

They do when the episode where the kid from Robocop 2 blows up that Oberth class. They specifically show him he couldn’t do anything (he thinks he pressed a button on the bridge) that would harm the ship because he wouldn’t have access.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

zoux posted:

There is no way that academy training doesn't include significant zero G instruction. Especially after TUC.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Phy posted:

And then there's the memes about Jake basically wearing the seats from a city bus

But on Jake they work? His later season clothing is strongly reminiscent of African kente cloth.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Equinox gave us the Nova Class, which is a lovely little ship.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Although personally I'm even more a fan of the Rhode Island version.

This is true :hmmyes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That rapidly becomes a ‘why send people into space at all?’ argument. Why do we need him when the computer can do it? Why have a pilot when the computer could do it? Why have a science crew when the computer could just scan things? Etc

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Starfleet via Wall-E and the ship passengers. Yeah, they’re on the ship, but the computer does everything.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

I just watched First Contact for the first time in years and lol, I forgot it was where the tommy gun scene came from.

Also, why did Worf have a self-destruct authorization code for the Enterprise-E? :psyduck:

Picard never changed the locks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m so glad he’s still doing these. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU0hcziV52g

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CPColin posted:

Waves and waves of jambalaya

Don’t threaten me with a good time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

And attempted murder by cop victim.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Happy First Contact Day to those who celebrate :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Pelia's accent is great.

If you think of it as an accumulation of accents over the millennia, it fits perfectly!