Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

fuctifino posted:

.... "but we got shops to charge £1 for carrier bags. They're recycled out of dead disabled people. 'Soylent Sacks' we call them."

e: wow. and lmao

https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1664379824528322563

He's been whipped by lawyers into repeating the same phrase over and over again, in preparation for the fight to keep the WhatsApp MyCrimes.txt messages secret. I hope journalists keep asking him the question over and over again.

If he makes it to the election, it's going to be fun to see him die in the debates. The man somehow has less charisma than Keir!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

sinky posted:

Another bojo pal gone :lol:

Come on, topple to government!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

fuctifino posted:

I can't stop laughing over the image Rishi chose to tweet:

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1667824772791541760

It makes him look even smaller than normal :allears:

Hiding behind Biden.

"Is that the voting population who is bullying you?"

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

berlusconi is dead :toot:

My god, the hits keep coming this month, don't they!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

I would have sex with Boris Johnson for a life peerage. Easy money.

My wargaming club meets in the village hall of Brightwell cum Sotwell, the village he's just got his new mansion in, so we now live in terror* of him wandering in. Please do not heap moral choices on us as well.
But the place is cheap for a hall for all day in south Oxfordshire, so we're not moving, even if we do bring the average age of the village down by a decade when we meet.

*of what we'd do

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

£21mn pissed away on AI tech most of which won't work and the parts that do were done by academics not whichever techbro dipshit they're giving the money to.

But we can't afford to pay nurses a fair wage.

So, the civil service has been offered a "£1500 bonus" to help cover the cost of living, but it's not funded - so it's going to cost the UKRI alone 14 million. The teachers are back on strike, because while the UKRI can cancel upcoming projects (Which is still not good), schools are scraping by as it is.

Oh, and we've still not had our 2022 pay rise, not because the Unions are arguing about it - Noooo.
This POS government has been delaying and delaying, and has not even approved the UKRI-side suggested pay deal, or, from what I've heard, a lot of other government funded units. their stalling and stalling hoping to get us to the position of "Oh, just accept it and start arguing about this years"
That we can't start arguing about, because they have approved last years, and that needs to be done first.....

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Currently waiting for them to reject our pay review body which is already 3 months late delivering it's findings.

As I mentioned earler, we're in month 13 of them not agreeing our pay rise with their own body.

The whole thing is criminal - yeah, it always used to take 6 months, but that was every step, we're on step 5 of 13 and have been for 9+ months.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I've got nothing but character assassination, but my opponent has no character......

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I would assume a combination of wishful thinking and tory attack lines.

Yeah, if it was 4/10 of labor voters, I'd doubt it more, this is the fantasists on both sides.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

happyhippy posted:

So shutting down canteens and/or cleaners then.

Those were outsourced years ago.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

It's some bollocks about there being no distinction between an electric bicycle and like, a milkfloat or something. They're all "personal light electric vehicles" the laws are stupid and out of date.

Where do those mobility scooters fall on that then?

I'm always torn on them, they do give people a lease of life they would not have otherwise.
On the other hand, the number of times I've nearly been run over/into by some sixty year old going at what seems like 50 along the pavements/middle of the road with a drink in one hand and ciggy in the other makes me question their safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

The idea of "off roading" in a 12mph mobility scooter is harrowing.

I had a weird dream once of a bunch of retired london mobsters based out of a speakeasy at the back of a bingo hall.
once "scene" involved a mobility scooter drive by.