Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
A saturday night nerf patch? Blizz couldn’t even keep my goodwill for 2 days goddamn.

If the build’s overpowered, fine. But dont triple tap anything midseason, you’re punishing your players for playing the game you (supposedly) tested the most optimal way they can.

Maxroll and such may be perceived as “bad” but unfortunately thats the way games are now. Its on blizz to adjust to modern reality *cough* real money AH *cough*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

CBD Corndog posted:

lmao this is just incoherent rambling, what season? We’re -2 days from launch.

WW Barb with the gloves gave like a 2200% damage bonus which led to D3 numbers. That poo poo needed to be smacked down to something reasonable and in-line with other classes. Crazy it even got this far but it is what it is.

Incoherent rambling? This is season 0! 😉

I dont mind the nerf to the [clearly broken] gloves, but they’ve had more than enough time to playtest and at this point they’re devaluing their player’s effort. I dont want to play the game too much now because if i find something that’s strong (fun), it may be randomly nerfed in the middle of the night.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Yeah, there's still lots of good, fun builds. WW barb (channeled movespeed skill) playstyle is a favorite of mine too, and I was super excited to start D4 with it which also explains part of why im so salty.

The glyph nerf is interesting because it's large enough that you have to wonder why it wasn't instituted prior to EA. There's no way the devs did not know how much player power glyphs provided. Not for them to nerf *all bonuses* by at least 33% only 3 days into the game.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Stux posted:

yuou cannot possibly be this stupid

Dude, why are you being a jerk?

World bosses only spawn for you after the campaign. There’s notifications and stuff for them.

In the beta they spawned before the campaign was over for obvious reasons.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
It’s also referred to as the Corrective Action Plan Stone

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
I like the game but it needs content. More skills, items, areas, enhancements, classes, just everything.

If they go the d3 route and keep seasons as a character reset and skill/item % adjustment then we may as well just stop playing til the expac.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Ive only played sorc, but the class seems so bare right now. Also, too many cooldowns, my god

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Yall have some rose tinted glasses for the d3 launch. The game was barely playable for a few days and the only people to get past the act 2 wasps on infernal difficulty were playing the bugged sorc build that gave you temporary immortality.

Also, calling people “potards” for wanting more mob density is pretty bad! Wanting to kill more and faster is natural; its like wanting to pull the slot machine arm faster. Also, not sure where you get off at using the r word to stereotype the players of another game, but it makes you look sad and bitter.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Mayveena posted:

I do wonder if you see how these things interrelate.

It’s not a bad thing to want the actual gameplay to be more fun. Not everyone likes trying out builds nor do they have the time to pay for the respec/reitemization.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Yall know that you can criticize people without “making fun of” them and especially without being derogatory while you’re “making fun,” right?

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

queeb posted:

ok pulverize druid is kinda slow and boring now after like 70 levels, ive seen some arc lash sorcs obliterating poo poo, gonna try that. will I eventually have to swap to ice shards or can i stay arc lash right into nighmare stuff?

You can do either shards or lash and be fine…

But be aware that Im considering switching to druid because sorc is kinda slow and boring now, lol.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
D3 is a good game but ultimately very shallow. The campaign is rotten rear end though, avoid unless you like watching saturday morning cartoons

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
D3 ended up being very shallow, but it was fun as long as you accepted its limitations.

#RIP ue multishot, may we meet again in another arpg

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Also, its clear that they have more planned for d4 w/r/t progression and whatnot.

Kudos if you’re enough of a diehard to play much past 70, it gets pretty dire

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Stux posted:

the best thing about d4 is they obviously put a lot of time and effort into trying to compromise between d2 and d3. and theyve been rewarded. d2 players have reacted with "seems fair" while d3 players have been reacting the same way they do to everything: crying and trying to work out how to not play the game as much as possible. a complete success.

At least the d3 players aren’t angrily calling everyone stupid for disagreeing with their opinions.

The degree to which current-state d4 respeccing is acceptable/unacceptable to an individual is much more a function of their available play time and much less a function of their mental capacity.

Personally, im fine with the current state having a “soft” respec cutoff at roughly level 50. It gave me a chance to try most of the skills i was interested in (and determined to be undertuned) without so much investment that it set my character back.

Build guides for all RPG games are here to stay, for better or worse. The best thing that can happen is that devs accept this and purposefully alter the meta every season to keep gameplay fresh.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
D4 has excellent controller integration. Literally perfect in my experience. I miss the d3 console wheel from time to time, but this is 99% as good or better.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Gimme an item filter. So tired of low level gems

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Expac idea:

Craft the soulstonestone to contain the soulstones that contain the primevils.

Or maybe just kill god?

I shoulda named my character Lillith

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Diablo is still on sabbatical. Please do not hesitate to call or email mephesto if your need is urgent.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Verviticus posted:

i dont get nearly enough legendary drops (yet) to afford this :(

If you’re not in wt3 yet, this will change woon after you switch over

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Cantide posted:

:( I hate having to return to town to sell trash constantly. We really need a bigger inventory just add a scrolling inventory and a search/filter pls. I guess at least the gems will be gone out of the inv soon

Im just glad im not hording id scrolls or clickin a book as the first stop when i return to town.

Also, inventory management is essential for these types of games lest we burn petabytes of server database space with everyone’s grey item stash

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

So I do not at all have proper gear for an ice shards sorc. I'm level 59, and just tooling around with rando leggos, but surprisingly switching from fireball enchant to firebolt, and allocating points to increased crit damage to burning enemies has made a very noticeable improvement. I'm only at 17% crit chance and so thought it wouldn't be enough, but because ice shards bounces 5 times it seems to be working. I haven't noticed any issues with AOE clearing, and am finding bosses / elites easier to take down, even if I still spend some time running around waiting for frost nova CD.

Ice shards just does more damage than anything else. It’s fun but i want ball lightning to be fun too

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Yeah, what we’re seeing right now for gameplay and itemization is intentionally only 80% of the game. People are saying the beta had another world tier that they clearly pulled out for use in season 1.

The core of d4 seems to be very good which is what matters at this point in the game’s lifecycle

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

External Organs posted:

Season 3 will have chatgpt powered lorath narrating everything u do in dramatic fashion, bastion style. He will tell you how cool you are. He will read you a bedtime story.

I hope he occasionally brings up Squidward’s onlyfans content

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

its surprising that you can run 95+ NM and Lilith with that low of damage but what do I know. Mine is at 11k damage but sacrificed HP for it but I'm only 90

When you game 12+ hours a day time is valueless

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
~200 hours of playtime in less than 3 weeks.

Im kinda jealous but also not

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
PSA:
You owe it to your carpal tunnels to at least try the game with a controller.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
I tried to play both poe (potions on d-pad, really?) and ffxiv (just too many buttons to try to map) with controller and it just wasnt worth it. D4 is great though. There is a learning curve, of course, but after 60ish hours i struggle when forced to use kb+m in this game.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Barb gets an innate 10% dmg reduction as well.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Yeah, sometimes i TP 2 feet away and sometimes i TP offscreen to enemies i havent even encountered yet, lol

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Shard posted:

I'm going to get this eventually but right now it's FF16 time and then AEW Fight Forever and then Cyberpunk 2077 in September. Do these games ever go on sale on PC?

Cyberpunk’s regularly on sale these days…

Blizz games go on sale after a few years/decades.

Don’t buy til you want to play but also i wouldnt count on any sales for d4 for a year at least.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Taking the entirety of my pto in a 3 week stint mid-summer so i can put 200 hours into diablo 4 then complain about how much it sucked on the internet

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Magus42 posted:

Are there ARPGs that allow existing characters in?

Uhhhhh, d3 has a “rebirth” feature that deletes your old character and recreates them as a seasonal character. Buts thats all i know about

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
If nothing else, these crazy playtimes are a testament to how finely tuned the skinner box dopamine release curve is. Big congrats to the psych dept at blizz

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Vic posted:

You're one step from realizing Diablo fills the same niche as Solitaire and Candy Crush

Oh, Im totes aware that im just playing NGU idle: controller edition.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Zotix posted:

Yikes, so many nerds so angry when you point out their flawed game is flawed.

I can't imagine being an apologist for Blizz Activision in 2023 releasing a bad game. Lol. Game just lacks any real polish and well designed systems beyond level 60, plain and simple.

You’re getting flamed because we all either knew or expected this to be the case. One could look at the list of uniques and quickly realize that the endgame was just going to be about farming incremental upgrades to your BiS items.

The excitement for the game is knowing that seasons are coming and with that, (hopefully) some enhancements and a lengthening of the endgame.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Im mad because my new game wont entertain me for 12 hours a day into perpetuity.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Sorc is miserable until wt3 when you finally get some cdr. The generators feel pretty anemic and you get like 2-3 casts of your spender max before you have to spam your generator.

Once you get some cdr though, its p fun. I still wanna try barb though.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

mst4k posted:

I went arc lash from chain lighting around lvl 50. I’m saving gear for an eventual switch to machine gun ice guy! It’s probably not the best but I made adjustments to make it work. I’m around 35/35 for csc and cdr. Upgrades have been few and far between because I already have pretty good sacred equipment.

I switched to ice shards from chain lightning at lvl 50 with 0% cdr and never looked back. Ice shards and nova just do so much damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

runaway dog posted:

I feel like a better analogy would be it's like being an addict and getting some heroin but it's like really lovely and stepped on and you're like this poo poo loving sucks but I'm still going to shoot up the entire batch and then go back and buy more and shoot that up too and do it with a smile on my face, because no other drug hits like heroin, even if its bad heroin.

Its worse. It’s like if all the existing drugs were around and available, but a new one comes out. Let’s call this new drug (for simplicity’s sake) Diablo. Dude hears about Diablo and goes and gets $70 worth. Then, after a 3 week bender (only boofin’ the D 12ish hours a day) he decides to post on a drug forum about how Diablo just isn’t fun after you’ve done it continuously for 3 weeks.

But also, I totally get it. I’ve spent tons of time on games only to eventually realize there’s no satisfying endgame variety. Hell, i tried to for D3 but the servers probably werent even up for 200 hours those first three weeks, lol.