Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I just paid what it was asking; the lore update was worth the $35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The class is called the Burgermeister, not the Burgermaster, and it’s a German word for mayor

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mozi posted:

Hope y'all are enjoying the game!

It's not out for another 5 hours, but thanks all the same!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

smoobles posted:

Anyone have any strategies that are excited to try out? My approach is going to be clicking on the demons with my mouse button until they die

instead of holding the mouse button down, try clicking it in time w/ your swings or casts for a more immersive experience

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Probably gonna do Sorc. Rogue was kind of a hassle to play imo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Actually yeah I'm just gonna do Necro because they look + are sick

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Went and got some beer and a bucket of grocery store cookies

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There was a queue just to log into the launcher earlier lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

it's out early

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

just got a black screen with esc for game menu at the bottom

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Taking my time and I'm level 23 in Act 1. I skipped all the dialogue and cutscenes in the beta so playing through Act 1 again wouldn't be as much of a drag.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FootballFreak2 posted:

Some of these posts sound like they are from people who have never played a Diablo game before

drat, that's hosed up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Do yourself a favor and pick World Tier 2 as your initial leveling difficulty of dicking around in the overworld. Tier 1 is purely Story Mode that effectively locks the health of all enemies to zero (with relative level scaling). Sure at WT2 they have a sliver more hp and live long enough to feel like they actually belong in their environment, making them all the more fun to try your untested builds on, as in you know like a game.

WT1 is pretty fun. Don’t have to get all sweaty and the enemies aren’t all sponges. If WT2 offered better drops I’d probably go for that, but it doesn’t.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

What compels people to play blizzards new mediocre gruel (I mean I suppose it could be an actually good game, and I'm being unfair but I doubt it)? Is it all nostalgia? Is it a desperation for any ARPG? Is it because you can't avoid it? Friends are playing it? Like what would Blizzard have to do to get people to stop eating their gruel? I suppose people are just happy it isn't a cellphone Diablo. I'm honestly curious and not just thinking "you're loving idiots stop buying poo poo from poo poo companies you morons" way (I assure you I am thinking that).

Cuz it’s fun

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can someone post some online therapy links in the OP (not related to the angry gamer)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Lol my brother's level 30 and still in Fractured Peaks. He had zero interest in ARPGs before but D4's open world and all the poo poo you can do/find has really hooked him.

So am I lol

Just do all the side quests on WT1 and you'll get there. Just had my meeting with Inarius

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Do you need to salvage blue/white items to get special materials like in Diablo 3 or does salvaging rares get you the lower tiers, too?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

victrix posted:

Friendly reminder you can track any Aspect location directly from your Codex

It will show you exactly where it is on the world map, go get your toys

Not if you haven't already uncovered it on the world map

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gearman posted:

It still gives you the GPS line you can follow directly to the dungeon.

I tried left clicking and right clicking on an aspect I needed in the codex and nothing happened. I had to go find the dungeon in an area I hadn't been to before the hard way.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm following the maxroll Bone Spear Necro build guide and can concur that it sucks to have to use the generator skill at any point. Basic skills really ought to be better

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

acumen posted:

I use my generator just to fill but I get most of my necro juice from exploding corpses and that's pretty rad!

Yeah as long as you get some corpses on screen you usually don't have to worry about using the basic skill. I'm thinking I might put a couple points in passives that generate more corpses even though the build guide doesn't call for it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Finally done with Act 1 at level 34

Didn't even do all the dungeons. I guess I might start skipping side quests now? They've been pretty cool though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

guess they just forgot to do this one

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

site posted:

Need to run to the store but scared of getting logged out

Put a dippy bird on the keyboard or something

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ghosts leave meaty corpses but swarms of flies do not? How about some loving consistency, Bli$$ard?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The maxroll bone spear necro guide has you waste an entire skill slot on an oh-poo poo button that you will never actually use if you’re not playing hardcore

For all the bitching about special streamers being chosen to spend a ton of time playing early they don’t seem to be putting out good material

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

acumen posted:

Maybe I'm bad but blood mist owns and I use it all the time, especially on world bosses. It's an instant CC break there's tons of opportunity to use it even on baby mode wt1

Maybe I'm just better at dodging :smug:

I dunno, I see the use as a CC break but that still comes in handy way less than something like a curse that increases your damage output at all times

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

holy christ why did they hard cap you at 6 skill assignments?

Half this poo poo would go on my "do once at spawn and then don't touch again" hotbar in PoE

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

site posted:

Are aspects taken off legendaries one use? My 2nd hydra piece is getting outdated but that double skill is a pretty important part of my build...but if I can only move it to one other item I need to be careful

Yeah. You need to be careful not to pick equipment upgrades just because they offer bigger numbers. Losing an aspect can hurt your damage output a lot.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

Is durability broke? I hit 21 and haven't had to repair equipment a single time

You only lose durability if you die afaict

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kaddish posted:

Wait a minute, surely we don’t have to collect altars every season?

no

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Impermanent posted:

drat that's a big nerf to the necro crit skill.

Yeah they nerfed the gently caress out of my bone spear build. Feels bad man

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Blizzard granting professional stream dudes early access and then invalidating their builds on the eve of launch is pretty funny though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I just respecced to a shadow/darkness corpse explosion build w/ skeletons and that seems more fun than bone spear, anyway. For sure less lonely.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How do people do world bosses? I'm not seeing any notifications pop up. Are you supposed to follow a twitter account to know when they're available?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

No I haven't finished the campaign. I didn't know they were locked behind that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The music is good. Definitely turn down all the other volume sliders because it's super-quiet otherwise.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shadow corpse explosion necro is way more fun than being a bone lord. Get to run around with my skeleton pals filling the screen with dark miasmas

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kin33 posted:

I'm really hoping they do what they did for diablo 3 and make the campaign optional for seasonal play.
The campaign is great but I don't think I want to do it every season. The only thing they would have to change is remove the campaign requirement for the first capstone dungeon and possibly add a different way to acquire the horse.

You can skip it after you beat it the first time

btw if anyone's getting stuttering in the game, turn the textures down a notch. Even my 4080 isn't enough to handle maxed out textures, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Finally remembered to buy some of those whispered keys, kept seeing the chest but always didn't bother with them.

Didn't get anything good.

Boo to that.

Even if nerfed, I'm still stabbing and kicking rear end.

In Chapter II.

randy pitchford will give you free keys on twitter