Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

I can't believe I haven't had a single server issue yet.

I had two instances where the game froze on me last night, but it wasn't that bad. Once was when I talked to the jeweler, the other was one random time I town portaled back to kyovashad. Had to alt f4 but it seemed like I could hear game sound.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
This game needs one of those in-game encyclopedias. There are so many little words that I'm like "what the gently caress does that mean". Like "Healthy" and "Injured". I don't want to alt tab to look stuff like that up.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

drat, ty. Still would be nice to have an encyclopedia imo.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

queeb posted:

Is this actually decent? I love me some Minions. I do take issue with necro having 0 movement skills, that's kinda lame

That's basically my build that I used while leveling and am still using doing WT3 endgame stuff. It's starting to get a lot harder to keep all my skeletons up, but my gear isn't good at all and I'm gonna keep trucking with it for a while.

fake edit: like, i was feeling a lot of pressure and died for the first time(s) in a helltide zone last night. Which are meant to be significantly harder than regular content I believe.

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 4, 2023

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

acumen posted:

I haven't used minions in like 50 levels, bone necro owns

Yeah the pro move is to sacrifice all your minions. I have been having a lot of fun with my minion build though. I got some legendaries that increase the number of mages and warriors I can summon.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Horizon Burning posted:

should i be levelling my active skills or mostly passives? i smashed through wt2 with zero issues as a wotb barb with one point in each chosen active (plus the sub-abilities) but i'm wondering if i should respec and focus up?

As far as I could tell, putting more points into an active skill just buffs its damage. Whereas some passives can make your build more interesting. Like the one for necromancers that makes corpse consumption generate essence. I barely use my basic generator, except in lulls in boss fights.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It sounds like battle pass is pointless if you just want to play the game and don't care about cosmetics.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

What's the deal with the bug where you zone into a new map section, and teleporting to the end instantly?

Zoned into a cave and I was instantly at the end.

Probably just lag.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SettingSun posted:

It's a wonder that we're giving D4 the time of day after the Diablo Immortal trash fire. And the string of Blizzard's other recent failures. I heard Dragonflight was ok but I dunno I don't play MMOs.

The most recent lovely game they made was overwatch 2 and that barely counts. Other than that I guess there's the last sc2 expansion. Remasters or whatever don't count as something to use to guess about a full fledged game like d4, imo. Immortal was just a phone game, irrelevant.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Verviticus posted:

do aspects stack? if i have the same one on an amulet and a weapon for instance

No the one with the best numbers is active. Or just one in the case of that legendary. I bet if you had a 2her (which would have more extra skeletons) and a regular armor piece, you'd get the benefit of the 2her.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So I'm like 24 and have been playing in WT1. I switched to 2 and joined my friend's game last night. I beat the the Druid city stronghold Tul Whatever in WT1, but it reverted back to it's original status in my friend's game. Is this because I switched WTs or because he hadn't done that in his game?

You beat it before you joined your friends world? That's why. He hasn't beat it yet, and the world state is defined by the party leader inviter person.

I was able to abuse this the other day to help someone get past a bugged out part of the snake swamp part. He couldn't get past an obstacle, and the quest NPCs were on the other side. I had finished the quest, invited them. They walked to where they needed to be, dropped party and their world reverted to their state and they could continue the quest.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Floor is lava posted:

i love the one dungeon that has a healing cauldron that you have to use to trigger the mob but if you're at full health you can't use it so they just straight up place a spike trap right under that clips through it

i can imagine some dev going "eh good enough ship it"

I kinda like it, it feels like I'm making a blood sacrifice.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

isk posted:

Each region offers the same renown rewards

I think this is 100% true, but I'm a completionist and must fill the renown bar lol. I'm almost done fortunately. But yeah whispers seem like almost a complete waste of time. World bosses might also but I haven't done it on wt4 so idk how much more loot it gives.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

When a weapon gives +Vulnerable % below the line, does it apply only to attacks from that weapon, or any attack/spell you do?

Everything. Open up your stat screen thing from your character window, find the Vulnerable Damage stat and watch it change when you equip/unequip that item. Weapons aren't really "weapons", they're just another item.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I put like 80% of my resources into minion related buffs, and have like a few items that buff bone spear and it still does the majority of my damage. Though I just got a weapon that buffed corpse explosion as well and it's doing good work now too.

So like, some skills are just great. Bone spear is great. If I dedicated myself to bone spear I would probably be flying through the game way faster. Lvl 70 right now.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

I agree even though I don't have too much experience playing these types of games. Both poe and d3 made it pretty dang easy to go in and out of dungeons where you could kill monsters. I think that's something very important that they fix in d4. Just let us teleport to the entrance.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

At wow launch (back in 2004 or whatever) their concern was that every class has at least one viable build

Maybe that is their strategy on release

I feel like in the year 2023 they should know how to make video games at this point. Ofc this is blizzard we're talking about, I can't imagine how much talent they've hemorrhaged over the years.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Unlucky7 posted:

I think this game is fun

I got two cool corpse explosion uniques, one that makes them into crazy little guys who run at the enemies, and another one takes like 4 corpses at once and makes a super corpse explosion.

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Yes and if you gently caress up your Paragon boards, youre going to be doing a fraction of the damage or be needlessly squishy at higher lvls.

What does gently caress up the paragon board mean? Only take white nodes? Just take stuff that does the same thing so you don't spread your damage, it's not that complicated. Like I took the minion necro board first and beelined for all those rare nodes.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

You can mess up late game by choosing worthless Paragon boards just for its unique, not taking the shortest paths to magic/rare nodes that aren't useless for your current build while also making your way towards attaching the next one. Their attachment order matters in how much of each stat the rare node Bonus prerequsite costs. Some unrelated boards might even have a few nodes in the corner that augment your build, so its attachment orientation very much matters.

Can't you respec paragon boards? Is it like hundreds of thousands of gold at high levels to do that?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Well I recently got a chievi for spending 100 points and it's about non-decreasing 4.5k gold to refund a single point, so do the math.

Yeah it doesn't seem that bad, but you definitely want to think about what you're doing because it's not literally free. Selling one yellow nets you 10 respec points sooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Does anybody know if the windwall effect from elites that slows down projectile speed also reduces their damage? I have this one unique that makes bone spear leave trails of explosions behind it, and the wind wall makes all the explosions happen on top of each other, which is funny. But would suck if it also made it do less damage.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Propaganda Hour posted:

The cost of refund scales depending on how many total points you have earned. I'm level 54 right now and the cost to switch paragon points on my only board is 4 gold. Between 50 and 54 it was free.

Yeah I'm level 70 and its 3500 to take out a node. If it goes up to 10 times that by level 100 then yeah it could be a little prohibitive to reset all of your paragon points.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

DaveKap posted:

Can I get a source on "it's not intentional" because unless I see otherwise, the passive that prevents your minions from dying instantly at certain percentages of health makes me think it is.

I only get chased down by monsters every so often. And I think I recognize the one that did it to you as one that has done it to me.

edit: nevermind that's just a bandit

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lumpy posted:

Is that number "Attack Power"?

It's this number. The weapon damage just affects skill damage. Attack speed is for if you are actually swinging your weapon at enemies. Which might matter for Reap and Sever idk. Actually I think that must be where your attack speed from everything comes from.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 11, 2023

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

No not really. It's a lot like d3 in the sense that endgame gearing consists of finding better-rolled versions of legendary powers or uniques that you already have, except in this case you can get a guaranteed minimum roll of most of your legendary powers just by doing a dungeon. The renown stuff feels tacked on to inflate how much gameplay is actually there. And yeah, most specs' combat is cool down and generator/spender based. It's ultimately a pretty shallow game.

That being said, it is in a way better starting state than d3 was. The game does feel pretty good to play and I think they have the base for a great game, hopefully they flesh it out over time with better balancing, itemization, QOL features, and activities.

It's funny IMO bc the amount of effort you put into doing renown is so small compared to how much time you would spend leveling your character to like idk level 80.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

M. Night Skymall posted:

I dunno I'm almost level 80 and found the grind to level 5 renown in each zone far more unpleasant. I mean yeah it's shorter than getting 80, but very little of it was poo poo I actually wanted to do.

My biggest problem with the game now is my gear is done enough that upgrades are very small, so it feels like my only path to player power is to get levels/level up glyphs, which is a pretty slow process. It's not a huge problem or anything, but I feel like there's a lot of room for improvement.

I totally agree, it sucked rear end.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The funnest part about video games to me is that you can play more than one.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlyChillyMilkFloof-wzKOI1FcOcRksAgr

Check out this guy I found.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

That Little Demon posted:

Only 1 or two builds according to who? Christ.

Can you link his twitch stream I wanna see what he's playing.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Miftan posted:

I guess the issue is that it's never stated HOW. I definitely got that since my main thought throughout was "why is everyone treating Lilith like a villain when she's the only one who cares about sanctuary??" She even tells you it should be you instead of her to lead it because you're human and the dumbass player character still goes "I think mephisto, a prime evil who told me he'll kill me once we're done, is more trustworthy"

She's probably treated as a villain because she kills a lot of people right off the bat. Did you see the way that village acted after she went through? They are randomly sacrificing people.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Miftan posted:

So is the church of inarius and literally everyone else. Sanctuary is hosed up but only one faction's overall goal isn't "destroy sanctuary and everyone in it" and at the end the wanderer's choice was Lilith or Mephisto and they chose.. poorly. Jury still out on in Nyrele is dumber or not based on what the next story content we get reveals.

What do you mean, they put Mephisto in the soul stone because he was more dangerous. Lillith is just gonna come back eventually. The soul stone will also probably fail too but like they say in the story, that's a matter of the failures of the people in charge of the stone, not a universal constant.

Doomykins posted:

Lilith demonstrates repeatedly, and states directly(the part about the strong will survive), that she cares about Sanctuary but only the way she wants it, willing to butcher untold numbers of innocents to end up with the nephalem hell cult at her beck and call that will break the conflict. Conveniently the Eternal Conflict would be broken if she won it by stomping out the rest of Hell. She cares about Sanctuary but she has warped morality.

The HOW is that she eats Mephisto, removing 1/3 the threat, and elevating herself to Prime Evil status to contend with the big boys. Then she'll put humanity through a brutal trial by fire, filter the strong survivors into more demonically influenced apex humans and have the PC lead them. She has her motivations and they're clear, she's technically right, but she's a primordial demon and a cruel rear end in a top hat.

The PC doesn't trust Mephisto because they're an idiot, they trust Mephisto because they're in a bad corner between two equally terrible demonic powers and one is offering to help shank the other, as well as Mephisto providing assistance where we'd fail without it. The PC/Nyrelle state as much. Mephisto even tells you as much and admits that he'll reform and challenge you eventually because he's an immortal thinking in the long term and actually shows a bit of respect for you. He knows you'll make the choice with that in mind and his only true concern is that Lilith will consume him and give him a true death. Then you/Nyrelle shard Mephisto to try and pull one over on both, though this makes things a bit silly since the true answer all along was just "the PC kicks Lilth's rear end", but video game storytelling problems.

It's not a world class story but a lot of these individual elements are usually butchered horribly in video game stories to the point of being very irritating(how many times have you played a game where an entity like Mephisto helps you but it just covers a lovely plothole, or they never really needed you, or..) so it's nice they stuck so many little landings, even after the crunch made them stumble a few times.

Yeah she treats it like her property.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

site posted:

This...thread? and that skill graph and from my own time playing sorc and rogue seems like to be successful you're building around

Barb: ww or hota
Necro: blight corpse explosion and/or bone spear
Sorc: ice shards or arc lash
Rogue: twisting blades or flurry
...ngl I haven't paid attention to druid at all

I'm running a funny amalgamation of bone spear, minion and corpse explosion with no darkness skills or shadow damage. So IDK if it's entirely just two builds. I'm only level 72 though. But like, I've been playing a lot. I don't know where the line gets drawn at how many builds there are if the judgement is "can it go super fast at level 100 against the hardest stuff that very few people are doing."

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Pro tip you can right click on a glyph in your menu to apply XP to it at the end of a nightmare dungeon.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Substandard posted:

Also, I think I know the answer to this, but there is not a way to up the ilvl of an item is there?

Like I've got sacred stuff in the upper 600s in every slot, so at this point I'm not wrong to think that anything without the sacred or unique tag is 100% vendor or extraction trash?

Outside of just the blacksmith improvements which don't seem like they are enough levels for the regular stuff to come close

Loot I'd ephemeral. Don't get attached.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

orphean posted:

:skeltal: Necropinons :skeltal:

I agree. One thing in particular I'd like is a more fun key passive. It's probably inactive the majority of the time, which feels really dumb.

At this point I do most of my damage with corpse explosion in my minion build. I tried really hard to take every single minion buffing thing, grabbing the minion paragon board, etc. But like two CE uniques and some bonus skill points in it and it does insanely more damage than my little guys. Who do kill things! It's not yet like in d3 where your non max buffed skills just tickle the enemy. But they would take a really long time to kill an elite pack.

I'd also like the skeletal mages to be smart enough to run into barriers...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

WarpedLichen posted:

Got into world tier 4 at level 63 - kinda rough going but should I tough it out?

Pro tip do helltide in wt3 then switch to wt4 and turn in the mystery boxes.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I think the main issue with Necro is that in high T4 dungeons, the game turns into “keep your unstoppables handy or get CC’d to death” which Necro has incredibly limited answers too.
I kind of wonder if the devs thought having minions hold aggro would be the answer to this but it seems they are really, really not great at doing that in T4.

Like level 80, 90+ right? I'm only level 75 doing tier 25 and it feels like low level grifts at this point. I dunno how much they scale.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly only one town needs to be not bad. Let the capital cities be big sprawling messes. Give me a hub in the middle of nowhere where all the good poo poo is 5 steps away.

Hell, make it a quest and let me rebuild the hidden lookout!

They like went halfway with the tree of whispers waypoint... just put everything there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SettingSun posted:

Whoever put out the tip to do Helltides in wt3 but open chests in wt4 is a genius (assuming it works).

It worked for me a couple days ago. Test it out with just a couple cinders to be safe.