Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
The seeds are very easy, yeah. If you want to avoid PvP as much as possible, turn off crossplay and don't play at a "peak" time for your time zone. But it's usually not that busy anyway.

If you get to a PvP zone and are seeing lots of kill notices, try the other one. If you're just seeing "___ has started a ritual" but no kills, it's probably just people getting their seeds done, too. Pick a spot away from them and they should leave you alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

~Coxy posted:

My wife and I started DIV on Christmas and just finished Act III, late 30s level. Is there anything we should be sure to do before the end of the season, or is it too late for that now?

If you're still in the campaign, you aren't seeing / doing any of the seasonal stuff yet. It's all post-campaign. Season 3 starts on the 23rd so you can wait and finish the story right around then and hit the new seasonal stuff with everyone else.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
[Bravely] I will play season 3 and probably enjoy it for 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe even a month!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
But really, there's going to be something super broken and hilarious with the spider bot's ability to tweak skills. I look forward to experimenting and finding out copying whatever the maxroll people do when they figure it out.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Diablo 3

sux :twisted:

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Cool page. Not weird at all.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Tonetta posted:

for context to who haven't watched scooby doo, fred just really likes traps, the mechanic, not the fetish poo poo

Okay

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Gonna pet that spider bot.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Glad nobody likes PvP so I can keep using those zones for quick xp, with the occasional slapfight before we both run away.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Thinking HC Druid, SC Necro for season 3. But I haven't played Rogue since launch...hmmm.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

EC posted:

Did I miss the Rogue updates? They said they had a bunch off buffs for that class but then didn't show them.

Didn't get too specific, just said they were buffing ranged skills more, and caltrops.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They let the busted stuff ride for the full season. Now it's changing and new busted stuff will be found.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Now I'm thinking ranged Rogue in SC. Some kinda ice and shadow build with the spider buddy going in for melee or just pouring on more status effects could be neat.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

thunderspanks posted:

I've been really enjoying the rapid fire/flurry build for leveling. Unfortunately as soon as I unlocked tier 3 I immediately hit a wall with gear level. I also don't really know what I'm doing and speed ran the last 3 acts of the campaign last night so everything I was wearing was like.. level 31 to 40.
Anyway, it's a fun build.

Yeah I played TB Rogue in season 0 and liked it. I think I'm ready for more Rogue action.

As for what to do. Just run around in Tier 3 for a bit and some better gear will drop. Hit up Legion and World Boss events and other people should be able to just blast through them with ease. Hang out in bloodtides and helltides when they're up and just kill stuff for awhile. Do whispers. You'll get showered in loot and xp and can go from there. Tier 3 is just a quick warm up for Tier 4.

Up until level 50 you can do whatever with skills and still be okay. If this is your first time through, get the Lilith statues and other renown things since they'll carry over to next season.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The problem with PoE is no one can just give me a clear answer - IS it good? Is it better than Diablo four?!

[bravely] No.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I don't know anything about Warhammer but WH40K Inquisitor Martyr is fun. That Chaos Bane or Storm Bane one is supposed to be pretty good as well and was like $8 over Xmas.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Trying out ranged Rogue in SC, not sure about HC yet. Maybe Barb if you don't need all 3 shouts anymore for endgame stuff.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

I said come in! posted:

What is going to be the best rogue build?

Early theory-crafting people are saying Penetrating Shot. Twisting Blades will still be good, just slightly less effective than before. But everything is kind of up in the air until people figure out the impact of the spider bot.

I really liked my season 0 TB Rogue with the unique pants that made Death Trap almost constantly up.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Thanks for the update

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Finishing up my dumb WFH bullshit so that I can feed my spider bot stones and kill demons in a few hours.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Update is live.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
We are IN!

Last second change to Double Swing Barb. lessssgoooo!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Wooglin posted:

What are the fun Barb builds this season?

Double Swing, as mentioned. Bonus points for being fun even at low level, which is usually the worst part of being a Barb. HotA is still top of the endgame lists and plays basically the same, just relies on keeping Berserk up more so it's not as fun at low level. Good if you like the biggest numbers.

Rend and now Charge-centric builds are on the come up as people discover stuff. And Walking Arsenal is okay, too. Pretty much everything but Whirlwind, whomp whomp.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Josh Lyman posted:

Getting back into D4 for the first time since early S1. Question about the world renown rewards that carry over between seasons: do you have to level that up on non-seasonal, or will it save progress from this season?

You can do it this season. If you wanted to play on Eternal, it would unlock there, too. You just have to do it once somewhere and it will be unlocked account-wide going forward. Hardcore and Softcore are still separate though.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
No lag or anything for me, but I'm on the lowly PS4 version if that matters.

Running around getting Aspects and managed to kill The Butcher first try. I was still under level 30 and have no Aspects on me yet at all. Usually he kills me at low levels, then I spend the rest of the season getting revenge once I'm more powered up. Double Swing Barb is pretty good! I'm going to stick with it until level 50 and then try out HotA, too before I get too deep into Paragon stuff.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Use the Hello emote when the bot is near and you can pet it!

Hit level 30 yesterday, splitting time between the season quest, whispers, and grabbing Aspects. Charging elites or big groups of enemies into walls is pretty fun.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Yeah, I do miss the Blood Harvests. At least Legion events seem to always be going on.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Yeah, the overwhelming early opinion is that the spiderbot is pretty bleh, and the streamers who no-lifed to level 100 are just running through all the traps in the vaults and not caring about the extra chest. Scramble mode incoming.

I'm still liking it, but I can see why most other people don't. Probably won't start a hardcore character though, just stick with my Barb until I hit 100 and then be done for now.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Got a weapon with the Ancestral Charge Aspect to drop. So now I have the screen clearing Charge that goes off cooldown almost instantly. Hah! I was failing the Masteries of dungeon events, but now I'm sweeping the waves away easily.

Also fought a Wandering Death with all level 30-40 people and it took like 5 minutes to beat. Whole lotta Barbs out here lol.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Always blame management.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Always side with labor.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Domhainne Tunnels, Kor Dragor Stronghold but don't kill the boss, kill stuff in the PvP areas, doing the seasonal quest, get the Aspects your build needs, etc etc.

Edit- for leveling.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

doomfunk posted:

to contextualize my reaction: I worked on this game. I played this game a lot with my team. I loved my work. I was laid off in September and with roughly 15% of the entire industry being laid off in the last two years this has been a particularly difficult jobless period.

Hey I know this doesn't mean much, but I genuinely enjoy this game. So thanks for the work you did, and I hope you can find a cool place to do more cool work and get paid well for it!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Lord Packinham posted:

Yea, I don’t get the problem here and I’m glad they reacted terribly to it. Anything that holds companies feet to the fire is a good thing in my book.

I don't think taking the most outrageous option from a survey - that included $25, $50, etc prices as well - and presenting it in bad faith as "This is what Blizzard is planning to do!" is holding anyone's feet to the fire.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Lord Packinham posted:

They shouldn’t have put it in the survey then, blizzard is the one that made it. Also streamers 100% want a game to do well. At some point negativity clicks dry up.

Putting a range of options, including outrageous ones, in a product survey is like, mundane business bullshit. Not some insidious, secret plot.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Lord Packinham posted:

Is it extreme when we pay 70$ for games and will probably pay 70$ for said expansion with a 100$ turbo premium option?

No.

And that's not what the original argument was about anyway, not some general "Video game prices BAD" bs.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
The fact that there's still no PTR, or even one announced, is kinda baffling.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

MJBuddy posted:

Have to say, running HotA I picked up a random charge legendary and charging a wave of barb ghosts that murder the entire room is more fun than using the hammer right now

Ancestral Charge, and yeah, it's kinda nuts. Too bad it's a random drop and not in the Codex, but it's staying on my Double Swing Barb from now on. Charge for room clear, DS / HotA for single targets.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Even the patch notes are coming in hot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Mustached Demon posted:

I started with firewall but it wasn't fun. Got the frozen orb aspect on an amulet and it's much more satisfying.

Whenever things freeze I go "maybe you should... Chill out."

I started a Firewall Sorc in HC last season because it was supposed to be safer than Arc Lash, etc. It was, but it was also boring. Lots of standing around, waiting for stuff to burn. So I switched to Arc Lash and had more fun, then all the Lit Ball nonsense was discovered and I jumped on that bandwagon and never looked back.