Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
We have a discord for the guild or whatever?

Edit - Whoops its in OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Has anyone tested whatever magic they’re supposed to be implementing where it scales damage across disparate levels in a party? Or am I making this up?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mayveena posted:

Link to D4 map. Absolutely spoiler territory view at your own risk.

I got the iOS version of this so I can have it on my iPad since I don’t have dual monitors. There’s and android version as well.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Restarted bnet and haven't even gotten to a queue screen yet.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
This has been the smoothest launch of a 'live service' AAA game in recent memory, IMO. So that's something.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

No Wave posted:

What % of the players bought the early access thing? It's more like friends and family night.

Yep, it's a fair point and the general launch will be a bigger test.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Oooof, I tried using a map to get Lilith shrines but I just ......can't. It's too tedious looking back and forth. Probably screwing myself for down the road.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

stayed up til 2am like it was nothing. game good fam

Yeah, it's pretty good.

Also, for anyone looking for a very active playstyle, I can recommend twisting blades rogue.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Also this game plays surprisingly great with a controller and I'm not really a controller person.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

LeFishy posted:

I'm playing through the campaign with an "Every Button is Bear" Druid build and I'm just not feeling it.

Reading all these skill descriptions with their modifies and stuff is completely melting my tiny brain and I want to work out how to make this class feel good. I'm willing to accept not being a bear if that is what it takes.

What is the general vibe of druid that I should be looking for? I'm not looking for "do this exact build" kind of thing just... what skills mesh well and make it feel good. I'd rather not replay any of the early campaign again if I can help it so I'd like to take this character to the endgame.

I guess I'm sort of looking for general buildcrafting advice like should I play with the primary skills and then see which skills look like they should synergise from there?

I see a lot of wolf aspects in the early game which suggest to me they expect me to be rolling a wolf centric build, maybe I'll give that a shot.

I mean, at this point you should take a look at maxroll.gg or something, if you haven't already.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm taking a timeout to run across the continent to get a sweet aspect for my build.

Inventory management is BRUTAL. Need more space, or separate tab for gems, or both.

Also put the aspect and gem dealers closer to blacksmith damnit.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 2, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Jows posted:

I see the maxroll guide for twisting daggers rogue says poison trap, but I don't like using poison trap. Shadow imbue is way more fun.

I think I dislike builds that put your own fire on the ground. Years of wow trained me to not stand in the fire, so having fire that's okay to stand in that's a slightly different shade of green than fire that's not okay to stand in is too complicated for my old rear end.

Same, I didn't like poison trap either.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

flashman posted:

OK that's good to hear so these leveling builds are just to get to the good parts.

Have I got to beat the game to unlock more difficulties? 2 doesn't seem like many monsters etc.

Yes, but I don’t think I’ve seen anything about mob density increasing

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Shoehead posted:

Anyone else playing on controller having a problem picking up gear and auto attackign instead, it's driving me nuts

Sometimes but it’s not a huge problem. Just have to be right on top of it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Oh poo poo, equipped but sheathed/not used weapons like a bow on a melee rogue apply their passives don't they? gently caress

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

goferchan posted:

Really been having fun with my rogue but haven't had much time to play since it came out, sitting at level 25 now. Tomorrow will be the first day I'm able to truly mainline this poo poo and play for like 12 hours, I can't wait. I do wish we got just one more button for skills-- +1 to skill mods giving you the first rank of a skill is so cool but I never have the room to actually use them!

I suspect this limitation is heavily influenced by controller, where the current number feels just right.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think I've played 80% of the game with no elixir because I keep forgetting to reapply them.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

FFT posted:

Also D2 and D3, which had the same number of skills you could have active at once even before there were console versions. Really, D1 is the outlier.

Fair point.

Who Dat posted:

If you’re on console like me the inventory menu is kind of clunky. I haven’t used any elixirs yet because :effort:

I'm on PC and switch to KBM when doing any extensive inventory work, like the simple act of visiting any vendor.

victrix posted:

bind them to the emote wheel

Oh poo poo!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Stux posted:

you get infinite use imprints from dungeons and it takes 1 second to do, and they give really useful effects early game. just denying free power for no reason

You can’t imprint willy nilly whole leveling because you will run out of mats quickly.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mustached Demon posted:

Lots of builds have defining imprints you can get decently early, just have it on someone always.

Yes, and if you want that build defining aspect on a primary weapon or armor that isn't a ring or amulet, you eventually have to decide if you want current ilevel gear or the imprint because the mats just aren't there to re-imprint every 3 levels. This seems to be much more restrictive after like level 30, as I didn't have a problem before that. Now the mats are very very rare and I suspect, or hope, it's something I'll have better access to at endgame.

This is also why I'm kicking myself in the rear end not knowing about the rogue bow thing: any build defining aspect should go on a bow in a melee build and then just not touch it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Also also, if you find a kickass imprint that is drop only, just put it in your stash for endgame. I made the mistake of re-imprinting a nice one (let's me use shadow step twice, recharges on kill etc) and now I have to get it to drop again. Should have just waited and used it after gear stabilized a bit.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm not even using DLSS because it's not needed. Will be nice to have when they add raytracing.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

queeb posted:

note a bunch of the uniques are dogshit bad so you'll probably have a couple per class that may be good but much like every arpg, there are a bunch of poo poo ones too.

gearing is kinda meh so far. For anyone looking for POE style of character growth it wont be found here thats for sure.

still having fun but that lack of depth will probably make it enjoyable for maybe a season or two

I haven't seen one that is dogshit bad. I've had ones that were just kind of there, and I didn't mind grinding them down for mats, but they weren't actively bad or anything.

I'm still in the story though.

Edit - Oh you said uniques. I haven't seen any of those yet but if there are a lot bad ones, that sucks.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 3, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
LET ME IIIIIIINNNNN

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

goferchan posted:

https://maxroll.gg/d4/resources/hidden-rare-items

This is cool, and was news to me. Basically special "unique" rare items that drop from named mobs and can roll special affixes. They can still be enchanted and imprinted like normal.

That Darkblade looks right up my alley.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Astryl posted:

More like dorkblade.

Rude!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

queeb posted:

ranged rogue isnt very good yeah, even the puncture build which is supposedly good for pushing endgame looks like rear end to play

rogue should have been melee and there should have been a separate ranged class. not enough melee skill choice on a rogue, you're basically only twisting blades for real endgame damage

Yeah but you can choose to imbue them with shadow OR poison. The possibilities are endless.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

queeb posted:

and yet the top builds dont even use imbuements, so even that is a possibility! haha

For real? What are they using instead? Poison trap?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
i face tanked the Butcher but I'm on WT1 because I am a bitch.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Wait a minute, surely we don’t have to collect altars every season?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

rap music posted:

hell yeah 2 leggies off a t gob

I found a cellar with 3 treasure goblins, that was fun.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Are all aspects totally random or do certain ones have a better chance of dropping from specific mobs/areas?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

You can skip it after you beat it the first time

btw if anyone's getting stuttering in the game, turn the textures down a notch. Even my 4080 isn't enough to handle maxed out textures, I guess.

I have a 4080 and I’m playing with everything maxed out with DLSS off and no stuttering.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I've gotten a couple of legendaries from the whisper chests. I've also found something like 15-20 running through the campaign.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
When do baleful fragments start dropping from salvaged legendaries? I haven't been able to imprint a codex aspect since like level 40 because I need 4 of them and have never seen one.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

explosivo posted:

I got into the post story stuff last night and it really fuckin sucks when in a group the grim favor objectives don't seem to be shared between party members. I'm not sure if it's possible for those to match up so we all can run the same dungeon for favors or not but considering how the rest of the party integration works I am leaning towards no.

Oof, that sucks, I hope they change that.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Good, Inarius was a major dick.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
As a twisted blades/shadow imbuement rogue I found I had to drop shadow clone and switch to dark shroud for survivability now that I'm in WT3. I'm hoping I can gear up quickly with this sacred gear because these mobs hit like a truck now.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Ice Fist posted:

I had sympathy for Prava right up until she tried to have my friend killed. Looking forward to the future expansion boss fight where we destroy whatever is left of the church of light

Those are my favorite enemies.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

satanic splash-back posted:

That isn't a "tip", that's the whole point of an equipment based loot game.

Now i'm understanding why so many people think this game is hard.

But game is good.

It was quite the jump playing the whole campaign at WT1, then the capstone at WT2, then to WT3. Survivability is now paramount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
For Rogue players, what am I missing with Inner Sight? It seems to trigger once every maybe 20 minutes.