Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
My wife and I started DIV on Christmas and just finished Act III, late 30s level. Is there anything we should be sure to do before the end of the season, or is it too late for that now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

hawowanlawow posted:

they should go ahead and make it free to play or cut the price in half at least at this point

I actually agree with you, but wanted to point out that it has been on discount 40% off sale for almost the entire time between Halloween and Christmas.
(Multiple F2P weekends, too)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

External Organs posted:

Finally, you can date Lilith

Her husband just died, you're going to need to wait a year at least.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Hit Man posted:

Don't run to them via the world map. The Gatehall (town from the quest line) has all 5 you enter

Goddammit, I thought there were some vaults in the Gatehall and some extra vaults that could have Whispers that you had to go out into the world for.
(thanks)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

the Arcane Tremor Zone every hour,

What is this referring to? I don't think I've ever seen an Arcane Tremor on the world map.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

ultrachrist posted:

It cycles through 3 zones and gives the whisper quests for killing malphus, hitting 3 obelisks, and killing X constructs. All of this is very easy and fast meaning you get a full whispers bar in like 2 minutes.

Oh, right, thanks.

I have been doing those Whispers, I just didn't know that the flavour event that made them all appear in a zone was called an Arcane Tremor.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE posted:

smh. even diablo 3's disasterous launch had the memorable JONDARRR

D3 has 10000× more personality than D4.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

~Coxy posted:

Goddammit, I thought there were some vaults in the Gatehall and some extra vaults that could have Whispers that you had to go out into the world for.
(thanks)

I worked it out.
There was a Whisper for Vault of Stone in Fractured Peaks. It was not in my Gatehall, I had to ride out to it.
After completing it, it appeared in the Gatehall.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Are you still doing the initial season quest line? Have you killed Malphas yet? In that story line, you have to ride out to the 5 vaults once each, and then they get added to your gatehall.

Weird, I have done the seasonal questline, just with the Zoltan Kulle's journals still in progress.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I was following a guide and it said to do the WT3 capstone around 65 if you can, so I'm 67 in WT4 now and pretty squishy.

Is it better to grit my teeth and try to power through for a few levels in WT4, maybe just leech off legion events and the world boss, or drop back to WT3?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

~Coxy posted:

I was following a guide and it said to do the WT3 capstone around 65 if you can, so I'm 67 in WT4 now and pretty squishy.

Is it better to grit my teeth and try to power through for a few levels in WT4, maybe just leech off legion events and the world boss, or drop back to WT3?

Update in case this helps anyone else.

Hanging around like a bad smell near the braziers that summon the Herald of Malphas and lucking into a bunch of people that chain summon him seems to be the best "safe" XP/hour.
I got to 72 pretty quickly and can meaningfully complete whispers now.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Twisting Blades rogue.

I could kill stuff in WT4 but packs would annihilate me so I had to spend a lot of time kiting.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

If I completed the Season Blessings, can I easily remove the 20% XP buff for 400G or does it get exponentially higher each time?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I don't know if it's just because DIV is the only modern game I've played since ChatGPT came out, but if you google anything about it the top few results are AI word salad that usually doesn't even answer the question.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

When I do a NMD with someone, we both get the completion reward screen and loot in our inventory, but I get showered in "extra" loot that drops on the ground and they don't.

I checked my Season Blessings and I can't find anything in there that sounds like it would do that.
(unless the Wardwoven blessing also applies to NMD without saying so?)

Could someone please explain what's happening?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

harrygomm posted:

that's weird timing still imo. land it at the start of season 4, have people jump in right when new content drops. don't get them used to an old itemization system right before rug pulling it. more weird/bad choices

I feel like anyone who still hasn't bought Diablo (for $110) and yet wants to try it will probably want to do the Story Mode.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

doomfunk posted:

sure, but much like "normalcy", we're stuck with it so we may as well accept that we shan't be rid of it.

Buy2Play is the New Normal of Games As A Service.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

smoobles posted:

What Blizzard really needs to add is couch co-op split screen when in town, so my wife and I can do our town errands without getting divorced.

I never thought about this, since we play on PC. I think we would end up killing each other.

Maybe that's why they made The Gatehall, is that small enough that you can both interact with all the vendor types on the same TV?

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 22, 2024

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Phanatic posted:

So still no group finder or ways to join people on the same quests? Great, this multiplayer-only, internet-connection-required game still has you playing solo all the time.

Someone made an awesome group finder addon for World Quests when they first came out in WoW and Blizzard banned it.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Paying2Lurk posted:

Yeah, it's just part of being an online game. D3 has it, PoE has it. D2 has it when playing online games, etc.

D3 can have network lag but it definitely doesn't have the awful rubberbanding around zone transitions like DIV does.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

No, Blizzard has basically given up on Mac.

(Which is a bit of a shame, since the actual graphics hardware in average MacBooks that normies would be using, has never been better.)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

No true Mac gamer would ever do that.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Tonetta posted:

mac deserves to be abandoned by gaming companies for making it's a convoluted mess just for like .3% of sales.

Mac is like 13% of the computer market, and probably a bit higher of the home computer market since the office computer market is overwhelmingly Wintel.

But I don't disagree with you that they deeserve to be abandoned by game companies; Apple regularly fucks game companies over with their mercurial attitudes, bad OpenGL support then a move to Metal which was overwhelmingly positive but has now been taken over by Vulkan. :woz:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

harrygomm posted:

Forza Horizon 5, the newest ARPG from Microsoft

Does Forza actually have car part drops with stats now? That sounds like it might be fun for a while.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Mode 7 posted:

[*] Horse came very late in the game

While this does suck if you have no interest in the campaign, I think this is a necessity for campagin-doers. The game would be awful if you always had the horse.

(I was actually really surprised the horse lets you ignore packs. I assumed it would be like WoW where you have to stick to roads and give mobs a wide berth.)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Do you know whether the sorceress is currently seeing anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

SHISHKABOB posted:

The guy lorath or whatever who's the horadrim is like kinda old but not elderly and he was at least like a 20 something kid in d3 so yeah maybe 40 years at most probably.

huh, I didn't realise Lorath was from D3.
(I didn't buy RoS)