Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i got a pair of Gohrs for my WW barb and i know they got nerfed but man. i throw on shouts, spin until they’re half out less life, stop spinning and like nothing happens. i have grasping WW too so i know they’re close enough to get hit. really disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
gohrs work and stop working sometimes on zoning in and out, can’t pin down why exactly but it’s real dumb.

for the dungeon leveling, are you just doing un-sigil’d dungeon over and over? do you have to keep making sigils over and over to get ones that are ~3 levels above you and at the right dungeon?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yes, this is true. I was just talking about item affixes. Ilvl 725 is where they cap out.

i can’t find it now but someone on reddit posted an item that was natively 800-something before the +25 upgrade and it looked like there might have been another tier possible (some ranges of the stats were above those off the 725 ilvl items)

has anyone found a good resource for a list of the transmog items? ive only got a few weapons and leg pieces that i haven’t unlocked and i don’t know if i’m just waiting for unique drops or if i missed a particular type

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lmao at the nerfs of places where people can actually get good mob density in an ARPG

Any progress on re-enabling those aspects that you have to read the forums to know aren’t currently working on your equipment?

yeah they’rereenabled. i think you have to read the forums again to find out. maybe twitter

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

MarcusSA posted:

There is no built in FPS counter in the game right? I can’t seem to find one.

Also I’m level 22 and I’m really not feeling the arc lash sorc. I dropped it down to WT1 and it feels like things take forever to kill.

ctrl + R on PC for fps, then again for latency

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i finally hit 80 and opened up the WT4 caches i got from doing the world bosses at ~65 and they exclusively dropped sacred gear in the item level 600 range. i’d suggest not saving them from such a low level and instead just running them on WT3 if you care about what the caches contain

for context, WT4 world boss caches require level 80 to open

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

faantastic posted:

Dodge behind him whenever he winds up, you can dodge right through him and it should save you a lot of headaches. Craft a resource or HP elixir, maybe craft an incense if you're still having issues.

also like with melee in wow, you can usually just stay glued to the flank/leg of a boss and avoid most hits. idr who brol is exactly but with world bosses like avarice or the butcher encounters, stick on the left leg and spin them in circles and you almost never eat a hit

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Asproigerosis posted:

My ww barb is level 63. I'm doing nightmare dungeons, but I feel real loving squishy any time I'm not using challenging shout. Is this normal?

yeah. gear helps. paragon nodes help, especially glyphs. i can do level ~55 NM dungeons solo atm but when challenging is down i can get one shot by a lot of stuff. legs and chest can get some really beefy defensive rolls on them, once you have fury under control you can also drop a builder from your bars and throw on iron skin. gaining levels helps immensely too. idk i just kinda improved everything over time but if i push Nm keys 3-4 levels too high it starts to fall apart where i can’t kill stuff inside my def buff timers

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
did someone say the 13 page patch notes are posted already? i didn’t find them

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Asproigerosis posted:

2h sword unique drops on my barb but it's the wrong one aaaaaaa

i have had 7 of these drop so far. that’s my reaction every time

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
if you’re at 85% or higher there’s no practical effect unfortunately. swap out skulls in jewelry for diamonds

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

victrix posted:

there is if you're pushing sigils, your armor reduction is for equal level enemies

that was the unknown for me. i haven’t looked at people pushing lately, have they confirmed that it scales well vs just the various DR affixes ( in the case of gear affixes)?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm posted:

that was the unknown for me. i haven’t looked at people pushing lately, have they confirmed that it scales well vs just the various DR affixes ( in the case of gear affixes)?

self quoting. rob and ben i guess are both big proponents of armor for higher key pushes, even above other forms of DR so yeah my bad on that, get that armor for higher level than you mobs

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
man what are rogues running that keep them up in pvp? im still just running a pve ww build so i’m not under the impression i’ll do much in there, but every rogue i run into i get their entire hp bar into bleed status, no barriers left, and then WW with shouts up and their HP bar just stops dropping. sorc its easy to see the ice block but idk what i’m looking for on rogue

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
also just TP to town, sell, and take TP back. i think the only time you cant just tp to main city without consequence is in the pvp zone since you lose the blood shards, but i think you can go to the pvp town to sell

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Dallan Invictus posted:

Pretty sure ancestrals don't drop until WT4, which you probably haven't hit at 56 (if you have, well then I'm definitely overestimating the difficulty and should go for it next time I play). Otherwise, yeah definitely feeling the ilvl range but that's probably from still doing a wide range of stuff - it feels like helltides and higher tier NM dungeons bias drops towards the higher end of the ilvl range and you're meant to do more of those and less whispers/overworld stuff as you switch from "just ascended from the lower tier, establishing yourself" to "filling in gaps, refining gear and build and glyphs, targeting the capstone and the higher tier"?

i was helping to level a friend through WT4 and they said they couldn’t equip any ancestral stuff that dropped for them until 60, so even seeing it drop at 57 won’t be doing much

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Substandard posted:

What statuses count as "crowd control". I got a unique helmet that adds to lucky hit chance against crowd controlled enemies, but as a flurry rogue I just have poison and vulnerable and I don't know if either of those count or I should keep my barrier helm.

you can also look in the stats page. there is a breakdown that will show what all statuses count

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Incoherence posted:

Mechanical question, since I didn't really read anything about this game's mechanics until finishing the campaign: do DoTs snapshot? Specific example is Rend: if I have 1 second left on Berserking and I cast Rend, does the entire DoT get the Berserking damage bonus or just while I still have the buff?

seems like it, yeah. kripp, iirc, had a video that showed the effect with a firewall sorc in particular, but it seems like it’ll snapshot and only get overwritten if a higher damage thing to snapshot is applied, but i didn’t look that sl close. so the zerk buffed rend should do its full zerk enhanced dmg

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

fknlo posted:

The nightmare lightning affix is cool when the shield drops a mile behind you or at the top of a climb down repeatedly.

i just shard all those note because of stuff like that even if it’s generally not hard. the little star or whatever makes a noise a second or so before it drops a shield so i just wait for that note before doing anything. just slows everything down

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Doomykins posted:

If you find an aspect it will extract at that power. I.e. 10-40 and you find a 37, you'll extract a 37.

If you pull it from the book on a 10-40 you'll always get the 10. Finding items has greater value, the codex guarantees you have access to it if your build wants it to function.

this is true for most of them. there are some, specifically at least the one where you get a barrier when you fight an elite, that snakes with character level. so if you extract a max roll one at 45 and gives you a 1K barrier, in 5-10 levels, the min roll from the codex will be like 1500 and drops can roll up to like 2 K. i hope finding that info, and being able to tell which ones are drop only more easily, can be added somehow

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i’ve not seen anywhere confirm that they can, and anecdotally haven’t seen one in spending ~40K so far

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
got to 93 so far. can comfortably carry a pal through T60 NM keys. what is the scaling for more players, is it 100% more health per player in the group? i don’t think i could really do enough damage for some affix types if that’s the case.

can’t wait to hit 100 so i don’t have to scrimp around with paragon points to unlock everything i want

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
unless you are at maybe nmd 70-75+ i don’t think you need to drop your basic for iron skin. i’m starting to have to cherry pick the dungeon and affixes pretty hard in the late 60s but i still run lunging.

not sure what moving buttons around means in that context, you can bind force money though on PC iirc

until triple shout and supporting glyphs aren’t super good, especially challenging, it’s probably going to be a limiting factor on how high a nmd you can push. if you just want to clear up to around 50 you can just run whatever with good supporting aspects, gear, and leveled glyphs of your choice

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
or pvp zone or about half of the higher level nmds

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Quizzlefish posted:

Yes it's small. Yes it sucks.

yeah it could be bigger or whatever but have you run all the dungeons once for aspects/renown? all the ones in one zone only have like 2-3 variations. and the nmds currently represent some of each of those from what i remember. they’re all very much the same regardless of being in the nm pool or not

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Deformed Church posted:

What's the deal with silent chests? Do they have cool uniques or something? I've not opened that many but they've been uniformly just the same poo poo as regular chests that don't cost me obols.

generally they’ve dropped exclusively worse items than regular chests for me and afaik/have read there is nothing unique in them.

that being said, one time my obols capped and i needed to drain them, so i just bought 1000 worth of silent chest keys. now when i open chests it doesn’t use up any of my keys. also they only stack to 12 for some reason

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
for DR it seems like you basically want pants to have 4 DR rolls and cheese to have 2-3 depending on your need for the +skills in that spot. my pants are responsible for something like 70% of my defensive worth on gear and i’m pushing into 70s

oh yeah and if you have to use uniques in your head/chest/leg slot, the non unique spots pretty much gotta be packed with DR

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
level 98 and especially level 99 are taking forever. i’ve gotten here solo w/ elixirs and none of the infinite spawning mob farming, mostly NM dungeons a few levels above me. idr the curve being that bad right at the end though

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
hit level 100, went back to town to sell, game crashed. 10/10

i wish there were more of a loop to HotA barb. smashing stuff into paste is cool but it’s even more tedious than the shout buff yelling all the time

99->100 was a bear though. felt like a breeze just doing whatever and getting levels at a quick clip until 98

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

poemdexter posted:

How do you cast HotA and have it NOT autotarget the nearest thing? I just realized I’ve been using it wrong for a week because I can’t aim it away from enemies.

i can’t find a way to do it reliably on controller. i normally just target something next to the guy i want to kill and deal with bad dps on single target

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Which would you use?

i had the same kind of situation and went for the higher item power one. i don’t notice the difference between my 40% roll and 22% roll or whatever they are exactly. i’ve either got enough mobs to keep things rolling or i do not and i drag those guys along until i do.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
why emeralds in weapons for barb over sapphires? enemies are only sometimes vulnerable, at best, and are always crowd controlled (with one point in hamstring) they otherwise give the same 12% [x] damage bonus

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Jaytan posted:

The same reason you want vulnerable in basically every other place you can get it: it multiplies all other damage bonuses. Crowd control adds with most other damage bonuses and in late game you end up with a lot of those.

Edit: if you’re below level 60 or so do whatever you want.

they both add 12% crit strike damage, the only difference is when they add it. one adds it when enemies are vulnerable (for ww, 3 seconds with exploit glyph, chance for proc in things like flay, pressure point, decimator glyph) or while crowd controlled (100% of the time for all enemies as ww). i’m level 100

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Speak for yourself

depends on if i’m doing speed clear stuff or being dumb and trying to push higher level keys as ww/killing bosses. everything dies in the guaranteed vuln window of exploit on mid 60s and less. but everything is also crowd controlled at exactly the same time as they turn vulnerable so you get the damage bonus either way. if something doesn’t die in less than 3 seconds though, why are so many people still suggesting emeralds in weapons? i know you can cheese stupid high level nmds by doing a damage window in the guaranteed exploit with all your buffs up and then run around for 20 seconds to wait to proc exploit again, and in those cases it wouldn’t matter, i’m just trying to see if there’s some other non obvious or broken mechanic that would push people to use emeralds when sapphires appear to be better in every way

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Aexo posted:

Oh yeah my bad.

It's the same bonus too... But yeah unstoppable affixes would render that ineffective.

that’s what i’m probably overlooking. i guess ignore my whole previous post. thanks

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
oh right so the sapphire would only apply if they got into a stun phase, which i basically never hit as ww. that makes sense too

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Bold Robot posted:

Are the grand cache rewards for killing world bosses once per week per boss, or once per week period?

They’ve had poo poo drops for me so far either way but just curious.

there’sa unique cache per boss. i swear i’ve gotten them more than once/week/boss but i’m much less sure about that. i’d assume 1/week/boss but i don’t know when/if that ‘week’ has a set reset time or day

another potentially dumb barb question: i know that the ‘additional bonus’ isn’t added when you slot something in the technique slot, but the bonus that does get used, does it count for all attacks? i’m specifically looking at 1H mace which says it gives [x]20% damage increase when using two maces. if i got two 1H maces, but manually set my WW to use my 2H bludgeon/slash weapon, do i still gain that benefit? should these benefits show up somewhere in the character sheet i can use to confirm?

edit: note that i can log in to check, when something is added to the technique slot, it specifically clarified ‘when using any weapon’ so it would apply in that case

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 29, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i keep getting keys without monsters with barrier. can bleed effects be applied through barrier or does the barrier need to be depleted first?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
if you drop down to 1 or 2 shouts only, you’d probably be better off changing the bold chieftain aspect to the one that gives you 6 fury/sec while berserking. not sure if it’d be worth running echoing either for the c/d reduction with only two. maybe if you’re running the unique chest and disembowel still?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Verviticus posted:

do events and gamble for them

using helltides.com to find the 2-3 nearest events and cycling through them caps me on obols a couple times per tide and gets me enough cinders to open up to 5 mystery chests. pretty decent xp if you stop to kill any elite packs/bosses between the events as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
as well, starting in T3 and T4, just run past packs of mobs that are too small and/or drag them with you to the next pack that has an elite or would otherwise be too small. elites have better drop rates for gear, give more xp, and when you do need to kill every last mob, the small ones will teleport to you in the waves. even when i was grinding to 100 pre xp buff i didn’t stop to exhaustively kill every non elite mob.

if your gear doesn’t support WW on less than like 3-4 mobs, don’t fight less than that many mobs

also umbral isn’t bad for WW but i’d bet that an echoing fury from the codex would give more fury at more useful times than it. if you are wwing on a pack and apply CC via slow bleed and the slow doesn’t drop, i don’t think you get another burst of fury from umbral