Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
everything has gotten so goddamn expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Pontificating rear end posted:

After a recent update, Window's Clock app (which I used to use for a timer) now requires you to sign in

what the gently caress

I thought it was bad enough when they removed seconds from their taskbar clock, which is still apparently an open issue

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

a recent update to the YouTube Music app, at least on Android, no longer lets you thumbs up or down by long pressing a song in a playlist. it now has to be the song currently playing. occasionally I'll hear new songs I like while driving and will go through them after I get home and thumbs up or down and now it's a big loving chore for absolutely no reason at all

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

oh cool, they also removed "go to artist" and "go to album". like why the gently caress even do that

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

it's hot out goddamn

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

fast food is getting scammier

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

I just noticed that life got shittier for no good reason

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Also gently caress having a qr code menu at a restaurant I don't go out to eat so I can stare at my phone like a goddamn savage.

The first and last time I went to this new local restaurant I asked if they had a menu and the server moved the little metal thing with salt and pepper and poo poo to reveal a scratched up qr code on the middle of the table that barely scanned. Instead of going straight to the menu I had to find it on their terrible mobile-unfriendly website and it was in a .docx file.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Serious_Cyclone posted:

they are making them cheaper and charging more.

:capitalism:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

ElGroucho posted:

Why did Butterfingers get so bad? They used to be good. Did they take away a harmful chemical? Put it back in, please

agreed, also yesterday I just bought the last box of those butterfinger bites I will ever buy, it only had like 10 pieces in it.
last time I got some a couple years or so ago it was pretty much a full box.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Cerekk posted:

Podcasts are a scourge. Yeah let me waste a whole hour listening to some dipshit instead of reading for 5 minutes. Their only redeeming characteristic is that you have to deliberately seek them out, unlike when you're trying to read an article and instead there's a loving video.

:emptyquote:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

why is everything remastered, definitive edition, etc.? just do it right the first time idiots

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I'm watching Criminal Minds and it's on three services and none of them have appropriately timed subtitles for it. Hulu's are 2 lines ahead, Prime's alternate seemingly at random between slow and fast, and Paramount+ straight up won't show them. The "subtitle" function on my 11 inch bedroom tv 25 years ago worked more consistently than this poo poo does. Enshittifying accessibility is a whole new low

this is one of the reasons why I pirate
I have the same issues, but slightly less often, while not paying 16.95/month

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

euphronius posted:

I talk to my friends with my voice

what the gently caress

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

guitar center has sucked rear end for at least 20 years

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

kdrudy posted:

loving computer grognard opinions itt

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Stagger_Lee posted:

apparently drinking too much water makes your posts suck

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Car Hater posted:

Google assistant on Android no longer lets me use the assistant button to do voice commands without going "Hey Google"

Now it just searches for whatever you say, so for example "set an alarm for 1 hour" gets me YouTube videos that run for exactly an hour

It's dumb

yeah they made it worse a year ago and completely neutered it in the last update. I thought they wanted people to use Google assistant but they keep making it harder to use??:dafuq:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Saalkin posted:

Bring back blimps

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

euphronius posted:

I got a new computer

sucks for you

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

all said and done i think it seems like we all agree driving has absolutely gotten way shittier for no good reason.

:hmmyes:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

wash bucket posted:

One day you're going to be starting your first day at a new job and when they show you your desk it's just going to have a touchscreen tablet with no keyboard or mouse.

that's already happened if you work retail or fast food

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

39.75 hours a week thinking about how much to raise rent next year

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Wendigee posted:

Anti-post

The awful app (android) supports imgr linking of images from the phone again:toot:

gently caress yeah

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

teen witch posted:

My sinuses are getting shittier, why am I feeling new sinus pain. How much sinuses can a person even have? Am I just all sinus?

Glad to have gotten AI results when googling, cool and good.

humans gain 1% sinus per year, which is why most people over 100 just want to die already

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

dreezy posted:

i get beard dandruff on mine. would love to have less of that

:same:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

TBLALV posted:

Other people existing around me is the thing that keeps getting shittier for no good reason

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but most people blindly trust everything. That's how we've ended up with this poo poo world.

"Hey, that guy's on TV yellin' stuff! He's gotta know what he's talkin' about!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Time_pants posted:

Jeb Bush is the most pathetic man alive.

*was