Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

anytime a developer thinks adding an extra menu to something that was easily accessible should get the guillotine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Serious_Cyclone posted:

When I watch YouTube through a chromecast it likes to put a banner ad on the bottom for YT Premium that requires me to dig through the phone app to get to where I can click the 'dismiss' button. Then it reappears on the next video, just in case I changed my mind.

YT premium is actually pretty baller though

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah I didn't renew Prime for the first time since I got it in like 2012. I think I've made like 4 purchases since, for stuff I can only get from Amazon. The glory days when they were actually cheap with 2 day shipping are long gone.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

cumpantry posted:

Lol that you pay for this

$40 for a year in a goon family group is worth it to not have my workouts interrupted 4 times by ads :shrug:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol I went out for dinner last night and had a special request to change the sauce of the sandwich I wanted and to toss the chicken in it. instead of just writing this on the check and/or telling the kitchen, the waitress had to do it on the order tablet they now use. my sandwich came with no sauce at all and I had to ask for a cup of sauce to pour it on instead of having it tossed. loving stupid as poo poo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Prime was great when it was like $50, guaranteed 2 day shipping, no sales tax and Amazon's prices were still competitive. Now it's $140, no guaranteed shipping and their prices suck poo poo. I got rid of it this year and haven't looked back.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

The problem here is that no one is actually making office communication software worth a drat. The 'best' version of this is arguably Slack, which *just* figured out that maybe more then one window is a pretty cool feature. It's still dogshit.

Every electron app without exception is a steaming pile of poo poo.

Slack sucks rear end

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

erosion posted:

Tangential but in another life I was T1 support for a major pharma company that used Lotus SmartSuite. The word processor used the program directory as the default save location, which caused trouble when sales reps would overwrite the executable while trying to save the file they were editing.

lmfao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

smartphone fingerprint readers being built into the screen. they're software readers instead of a piece of hardware and they suck loving rear end. the pixel 3 I got in 2018 reads my fingerprints in a split second while the in screen reader on the pixel 7 fails to read my finger multiple times every day

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cell coverage. I used to have a cell tower with Verizon and T-Mobile on the water tower behind my house. I noticed my cell service went to poo poo in my house and found that at some point in the last 2 years, those towers were removed and now the nearest tower is like two miles away. Why the gently caress would they take it down? It's a residential area with thousands of people. AT&T has no towers anywhere in the area at all and the Verizon and T-Mobile towers are on the same water tower 2 miles away, which makes switching carriers completely pointless. Is it even worth trying?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Failson posted:

The cream filled donuts barely have any filling anymore.

enough about your mom

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Why do apps strip away so much of the basic functions from desktop websites? I often have to log on to a full desktop website to do basic poo poo like change my address.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I just checked Amazon and they collapsed the star ratings. So it shows a single star with the average rating next to it, making the star completely loving worthless.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

don't you get more precision looking at the decimal point than the star coverage?

I don't really care about a 4.2 vs 4.3 rating. The star was a quick way to get an indication of how the reviews generally are. Grain of salt and all since there's so many fake reviews on Amazon, but yes I think the old way is easier at a glance.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

don't make a habit of shoplifting from major chain stores. the employees may not care, but the company knows exactly how much you stole, because they have you on camera (these are very advanced camera systems that use facial/gait recognition to track you the whole time you're in the store). you're only temporarily getting away with it, as they wait for it to add up to an amount that the law cares about

lmao that's exactly what they want you to think

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

just get a password manager and then a bunch of burner emails.

also get email proxy/ alias services for said emails because even your burner needs spam protection.

oh also get a burner phone and other virtual numbers.

:dafuq:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

pencilhands posted:

Why are like 95% of online ads now related to treatments etc for having a small dick?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I hate to be the one to tell you about personalized ads, but

lol

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

most weather apps suck rear end in one way or another

WeatherBug for forecast, weather channel for radar

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

What the gently caress are clothes being treated with now? I bought a sweatshirt last week and that gross chemical smell didn't go away after the first wash. I'm wearing it and it still loving reeks

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

StrangersInTheNight posted:

unless you're willing to come over and cook me this chicken yourself, shut up shut up shut uppppppppp. i've only got so many spoons, it doesn't matter how easy it is, i'm always going to be worn out at the end of the day and cooking is an activity which I have to literally force myself to do, so it's spoons on spoons here.

any person who says cooking is easy and doesn't understand why others don't cook, your fate should be you cook for all of us then, if it's really so 'easy'. put your money where your mouth is then and provide for others - or shut up and let them solve it themselves in the ways they can.

I also prefer my home to not have a greasy film on everything in the kitchen from deep frying

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yeah you can definitely bypass the paywalled remote start with a conventional remote starter. The paywalled ones use a built in LTE receiver to transmit commands, conventional setups use radio to transmit.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cerekk posted:

Cars in 2009 had basically none of the modern safety or ease of use features. Blind spot monitor, cross-traffic warning, pedestrian detection, all no. Lane keeping and auto braking, also no. Lane departure warning and obstacle detection, maybe, barely, on high end luxury cars only, and it was dogshit. No android auto/car play, no voice commands. Suction cup a TomTom to your windshield and plug it into the cigarette lighter to navigate anywhere.

Old cars suck poo poo. Get something that drives itself and you will never go back. If you hate cars that don't have physical buttons for important stuff, get a Mazda.

The only recent car safety feature that's actually worth a poo poo is the rear camera and possibly blind spot monitor. All the other features are just annoying and never work when they're actually supposed to.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

naem posted:

I bought a car for cash after watching the price drop on some random website, cargurus.com

then I went in and said hello I’d like to buy this car for this price please and they said ok

then they made me sit around for an hour and a half for no reason whatsoever until three different guys came to say “ok I’ll go get the sales manager” who was a weird a-hole to me again for no reason

they made zero extra dollars making me sit and no one else was in the dealership

“may I hand you money for a car now?” ok sign here boom done

Classic putting the customer on ice because the deal is too good. I bought a used car from a dealer that doesn't negotiate, so the only thing I could ask for was a reduction in the interest rate which they were able to do. From test drive to driving off the lot was maybe 45 minutes?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VikingofRock posted:

I just got back from seeing The Marvels at an AMC. I'm actually not going to complain about the film, or Marvel movies, or whatever (that debate has been done to death anyways). Instead, I'm gonna complain about the fact that there were a full 35 minutes of previews beforehand! It's nuts that I showed up 20 minutes late (because that is the standard amount of ads nowadays), and I still had to sit through 15 more minutes of previews. And the most annoying part is that the amount of ads is wildly variable — I showed up 20 minutes late to TMNT earlier this year, and missed the first five minutes of the movie because there were less previews than normal. So "just show up later" isn't really a viable option if you want to see the whole movie.

Seems to be an AMC thing. I've seen one movie at AMC in the past like 5 years and it was 30+ minutes of ads and trailers. Find a smaller, regional chain. The one I go to has like two trailers and an ad before the movie starts.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I bought a TV last week and the default option to register the warranty is to take a photo of the registration card and text it to a random number, no fuckin thanks. In very fine print at the bottom they list the regular website.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rochallor posted:

Look how they massacred my fortune cookies.

Lol came to post this

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

duncandisorderly posted:

wow, tough crowd.

you think I'm judging someone because I got impatient with them? gently caress's sake.

"It's a supermarket, not your fiefdom.

People can buy as much stuff as they want and pay how they want.

If you don't like it, that's your problem."

what was this thread for again?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

what rereg are you op

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Most people are complete dipshits and are persuaded to buy products if their favorite celebrity endorses it. Lmao if you think advertising doesn't work and double lmao if you think it doesn't work on you.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vampire Panties posted:

They're buying an 80k truck to commute to work because other dudes saw a commercial.

This. Advertising isn't just the overt commercials you see/hear, it's loving EVERYWHERE. Logos are plastered on literally everything for a reason.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

ham burger steak

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

The only people trying to normalize anything in this thread are a bunch of conflict-averse shitlib cowards desperately trying to normalize letting white supremacists 'take' things because they're too stupid to understand how that works. If you let lovely people 'claim' things willy nilly it lets them pretend their support is more widespread than it is, and that makes you no better than anyone else who turns a blind eye to this bullshit, regardless of what you pretend to believe.

lmfao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sensationalized news now i've heard everything

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vampire Panties posted:

Loan officers are the weirdest thing to me. They're sales people, who get paid specific commission on closing a loan, but they're supposed to make sure that the customer can afford the loan. So if they did their job correctly, they would lose money. :psyduck:

do you seriously not know about interest

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol just got a notice from Mr Cooper on a mortgage I closed over three years ago through refinancing that my data was compromised. Their compensation was a year of credit monitoring for a SINGLE bureau :thumbsup:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

credburn posted:

With self-driving cars, can you just summon your vehicle with your phone, a la Cyberpunk? Like, if I don't want to pay for parking, can I have it drive me to the bar, and then come get me later that night?

Or can I maybe have it circle my ex girlfriend's block the entire night

self driving cars are a myth op

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Professor Shark posted:

Didn’t Target die in Canada because of their faulty inventory tracking system?

no it's because they did zero research and assumed Canada was exactly the same as the US

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Just opened a package of press n seal and it's about half as thick as the last time I bought it probably six months ago. Now it sticks to itself but somehow not whatever it is being used to cover. It cost a dollar more. Very cool shrinkflation.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

gotta filter it and have with ice

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

shortform, rapid fire videos feel like they're inducing brain cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I am eating some Tootsie fruit chews. I don't think any food that was introduced in the 21st century tastes exactly like this. Their sort of bland artificiality reminds me of floral print couches in wood paneled rooms with brown carpet. Do you think American's palates have actually changed now that everyone isn't inhaling smoke all the time?

Tootsie fruit chews are good