Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

dr_rat posted:

Look, they have money, i'm not seeing the problem here. They should just order some more from amazon or something.

Sitting on the ocean floor hitting 'refresh' hoping they restock soon :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pookah posted:

You're right, from the pictures I saw, they just looked like strip lights, but they do seem to double as handles.

They're handles with built in LED strips designed for RVs.

He says in this interview that he bought them at Camper World:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

dr_rat posted:

The captain hit his head falling on that controller, repeatedly, all by himself. :colbert:

I think they'd be in the clear anyway, the special maritime jurisdiction only counts for crimes committed on the high seas, not under the high seas.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jestery posted:

Yeah this is the poo poo I'm just dumbfounded on

Like what good is text message communication for navigation?

"I went a little bit forward"
"Sure thing boss"

"Battery at 83%"
"Ok"

"The alarm for hull damage beeped once or twice we are going to come up"
"Ok"

How does send text communication help you navigate 4km down?

I'm betting their replies were mostly Teams emojis

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FlapYoJacks posted:

The idiots fired and sued the safety engineer that refused to certify the groversub because they didn't want to fork over money to x-ray the hull after testing at pressure.

If it was a real Groversub they would have just got their own certifications and signed off on their own poo poo

Also the sub would have 120 outlets

E:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 22, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SilvergunSuperman posted:

If it turned out this happened and that extra time was what allowed them personally to be rescued, what would the reaction be?

Subs operate on Vegas rules, what happens in the deep ocean bathypelagic zone stays in the deep ocean bathypelagic zone

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
What do you want to bet that even if the sub experienced explosive decompression and the carbon fiber shell shattered into a million pieces the rusty ballast pipes are somehow still attached

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

zedprime posted:

Crabs trying to attract more billionaires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spinz posted:

The conspiracy theorists are going wild here's the weirdest one I have seen

I forgot about 17 being such an important number to the Qrazies

Allegedly there was an 18th bolt but .... :

https://twitter.com/chiller/status/1671779333784961024