Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you dont need mods for morrowind but if you do need mods perhaps try out this assortment of giant titty mods

I’ll never forget my roommate back then downloading a nude mod, getting weirded out by the naked nord near balmora, and searching around for a nude but only women and pc mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

fallout 3's collectors edition came with a nuka cola bottle opener my family used for years, just stuck it on the fridge and grabbed it when needed

I saw a guy at the airport once who had a fallout branded rolling suitcase and I didn’t ask him whether he was an employee or a super fan or what and I still regret it a decade later

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats canon you retard

I believe the church has actually tried to retcon this one

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

im announcing my intention to remake planescape torment in the bg3 engine. im just the ideas guy so im projecting a 2044 release date. yes i will be adding dateable anime babes

Better have the trifecta of human and undead and Asian

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

i think the big problem with projects like this is a. nobody wants to just simply keep their heads down and do a straight port, they want to add all their ideas to "enhance" the game and 2. you are completely at the mercy of 3d artists to get most of the hard work done reproducing hundreds of assets

People always say this but without an ideas guy where the gently caress do you expect the ideas to come from?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Son of Sorrow posted:

What do you think about finance guys playing Capitalism Lab on YouTube?

Don’t respond to date rereg guy. I’d say it just encourages him but I’m pretty sure he’d do it anyway, but it does bring you down to his level

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

They really should have thought twice before modeling in sea level rise and beach erosion

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Does cities have a natural disaster mode like the old sim cities? Can I spend hours trying to recreate my hometown and nuke it out of frustration when I can’t get it right?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I remember in sim city 2000 I’d get a functional city going and leave it on over night so I could have ungodly amounts of money to just play sandbox with the next day

But sometimes I’d forget to turn off disasters and come back to a burnt out half flooded dead wreckage

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Sim Tower 9/11

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

genericnick posted:

Finally finished the main plot of Phantom Liberty. Funny enough. Obviously told president cyber hillary to gently caress herself. Also game still got it. Was doing the samurai rerun quest, jumped on Kerry's car to catch a ride, and after a few hundred meters he drove straight into a wall and the game crashed 10/10

lol. I will never forget when I first played the game and got in the limo to the hotel at the very beginning and the limo somehow missed its scripted turn and got stuck in a loop trying but failing to pull off a three point turn until eventually it crashed

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, it's rare for a game to have decent voice overs from both the male and female options, usually one is head and shoulders better.

To fit the setting even better, and to troll the chuds, they could've used both in one playthrough by having V transition halfway through the story. If you start male, you'd go female halfway through, and vice versa. Would've made the chuds spray hot diarrhea and their heads explode.

Lmfao that would have pissed off everyone so much ah what could have been

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Augus posted:

aren’t you able to transition whenever you want in Cyberpunk by going to a ripperdoc

If I remember correctly you can have a penis or a vagina on a whim with no effort required to switch back and forth but your character will always either have or not have tits and the chosen voice

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Agean90 posted:

The literacy mechanic is dope tho

Lmao what

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Agean90 posted:

ur an illiterate medieval trade apprentice from a lovely peasant village if you want to be able to read you need to learn, it's pretty cool you go from words just being jumbles of letters to seeing words but they might not be the correct word or it's a homophone and on until you can just read it like normal

Lmao that’s awesome. I don’t think I’d enjoy a game that went in quite that hard but I definitely appreciate it exists

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lpzie posted:

u never see two ppl with the same name in a video game. makes u think....

I saw two people with the same name in a game yesterday and they were both laughing at you

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, thanks. I definitely wouldn't have figured that out.

I should probably actually bring a mage, lol. My current party is:
Me: Monk
Astarion
Lae'zel
Shadowheart

From a gameplay perspective, dropping Astarion is the most obvious choice, since so far he's basically "a lovely fighter" since I don't feel like stealthing. But I like having him around for reactions.

I might drop Shadowheart for Gale. Her heal is kinda worse than just using healing potions, and Gale would be better at actual mage-y stuff.

A lot of support magic is confusing to me. So many different buff/defensive magics and I never know which ones to use. Do I want higher AC or better Saving Throws? Or better "ability scores"? What are the latter doing for me in combat?

Yeah that method got you past floor traps in Divinity OS 1/2 so unsurprising it still works here - can be annoying to find the grate the gas is coming out of tho. There’s a few ways around that part but honestly I didn’t feel like the tedium so I just used featherfall and had everyone just leap down the safe platforms

Honestly she’s one of the tougher early fights so if you’re still just figuring the game out I might suggest leaving her for later

I respecced shart into a life cleric and her healing was really good after that but her default cleric class doesn’t heal so good

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

docbeard posted:

Question about Baldur's Gate 3 which I hope to start after I probably finish Wasteland in a couple days (if I don't get seduced back to Cyberpunk)

Is the Dark Urge option a good idea for a first playthrough or no? I have absolutely no idea what class or whatever I'll be playing yet. I've heard it's kind of cool if you're familiar with the plot of the first two games, but that's all I really know.

I played through twice. Once as a blind build your own character and a second time as a good guy dark urge who went to handle all the stuff I blundered through the first time with min/max completionist goodness. I really enjoyed both. Dark urge is well done and ties a lot more tightly into the plot once it all comes out in the third act, but it also kind of locks you into a particular narrative and idk I’m happy with the way I did it but I think if you just started as dark urge you’d probably still have a good time as long as you’re not put off by the murder theme

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hatebag posted:

miami would be a good fallout setting. you could have giant mutant alligators and pythons, sinkholes, throw in a disney cult faction where they all wear mickey ears and do the mickey laugh, swamps, etc.
though i suppose animating a cool snake would be pretty impossible in gamebryo. not a lot of games with good snake or fish animation now that i think about it. xcom2 has some good snake stuff, but that's just a couple canned animations. i guess animating each vertebral segment to move fluidly would be a big demand, especially if they're going to move dynamically. would be similar to animating a cat's tail

I don’t get why people always want Miami settings. Too flat. Not a great setting

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hatebag posted:

i have but aren't the elevation changes in that mostly due to buildings? and on the order of hundreds of meters? i don't see how that would be substantially different than what you could do with any other city/region.
i can't really think of any games that have really drastic elevation changes without just going between different z levels á la breath zelda, though. maybe the mountain in gta 5?
i guess the issue with having an extreme elevation difference would be that if the world was at all realistic, having an elevation change of thousands of meters would necessarily require an extremely large map

You are correct that the natural terrain differences in these games is 100s of meters. It’s true. I challenge you in Miami to find a way to do natural terrain elevation differences in increments of more than a couple dozen meters. You’re clearly ignoring how flat south Florida is

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Hatebag posted:

well, it's fallout, so what if they accidentally quadruple nuked miami. nuking cities i think the idea is that they shoot a bunch of mirv warheads in a circle around the target so that the heat/pressure/radiation from the warheads combines. so maybe there could be a scenario where all the skyscrapers get melted into one gigantic slag heap a few hundred meters high and then nearby a gigantic sink hole full of mutant fire ants.
bingo bongo, that's an elevation difference

Would t that sinkhole be full of water? And idk you’re really stretching to make Miami a good setting when it’s objectively been the least fun GTA setting over the years and I don’t trust Bethesda to do any better

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

Next new Fallout location should be New Orleans. No further discussion needed

I’d take it over Miami if nothing else to see just how horrendously racist they’d get or if they’d manage to dodge that bullet

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

It'd be like any other Fallout where with the small exception of the pre-war Chinese concentration camps American and post-American society is blissfully postracial

I think they’d have a really hard time fighting the urge to go way deep into voodoo and such?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

maybe try embracing other cultures instead of reflexively dismissing them

It could be really cool or it could be entirely fumbled and really offensive and I don’t know that I trust them to get it right except…

Xaris posted:

yep it definitely must have the voodoo clan… or shall we say voodoo klan (postracial Todd Howard harmony)

Oh gently caress the needle has been threaded you’re a loving genius

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

did you just say vice city was the least fun gta because if so gtfo

It was by miles and idc if that offends your nostalgia

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Son of Sorrow posted:

shut the gently caress up you stupid bitch

You can hate me for my message, but you can’t change the truth

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

gta started getting bad when they wanted to tell serious crime stories. they should have stuck to cartoonish action movies for inspiration

Yeah I agree with this but not the sheer pleasure of driving around loving around where the LA ones are the funnest and then the NYC and then Miami by a mile, I make absolutely no argument about the missions/plot, just the sandbox

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Thinking from a sheer terrain sandbox perspective I bet Seattle or San Diego or Denver would rock but culturally at least Seattle and Denver would be boring as gently caress and SD is too niche pop culture wise

I bet you could have fun with San Antonio or El Paso but same issue as SD or Seattle or Denver with being second tier cities in the pop cultural imagination

Idk the more i think about about it I’ll just play whatever they end up making g Miami or not so I guess the jokes on me

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I’ve got TDS but it’s for Todd Howard instead of Trump. loving Cheeto in my game dev csuite :mad:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

People getting mad about how other people play has always been fascinating to me, because due to the aforementioned "literally incapable of focusing on multiple things at once" issues I couldn't tell you what my teammates are doing unless I did nothing but follow them around staring at them.

I think the only teammate behavior I'd ever notice is if a game has friendly fire and they kept killing me or something. But something like "noticing a teammate is playing sub-optimally" is genuinely baffling to me. Like I'll see people in MMOs noticing that a party member is using a suboptimal rotation, and how?! Unless you're literally analyzing the combat logs afterwards, how do you manage to pay attention to that in the first place? On one hand I logically know this is some sort of personal limitation, but on the other hand it just feels so completely impossible to me that it's hard to even imagine how other people do it. It's like the "reading two books at the same time" analogy I used before. How can you be pushing your buttons, looking at the boss, looking at your cooldowns, and also keeping track of the abilities your teammates are using?

I played Warcraft for a brief stint and yeah people will absolutely pore over combat logs like they’re researching a doctoral dissertation and PM big blocks to you without any explanation beyond “pls kick MispelledPopcultureReference”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Real talk I remember playing WoW for two years and one time a buddy was in town after moving away and wanted to go out on a Thursday and get drinks and I was like no I have to raid with my guild and then the next day I started thinking about it and I realized that was absurd but then the next thought I had was but if I stop playing then I have nothing at all to show for the last two years of playing this game and that thought alone was enough to make me never log back in

Thank you for listening

And then I forgot to cancel the subscription for three months because I’m an idiot