Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!
A sequel horror thread you say?

Let me tell you what happened to the last horror thread...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
I know you all will blast me for this but The Russo Brother doing horror would be interesting. They managed to do a pretty good job of creating tension in The Winter Solider and despite the Marvel method, I think they do a good job of keeping you focused on your characters but with all this chaos going on around you.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation

Joke would of been better if it was just the same stone faced expression everytime

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Saw Oppenheimer yesterday and thought to myself, what if this was just played straight as a horror movie. The scenes where Oppenhimer thinks of the people who get nuked is pretty chilling.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation

Hollismason posted:

Alien invasions are not specifically horror like I would not call Independence Day horror but I'd call War of the Worlds (Spielberg) horror.

The Faculty is horror and that is alien invasion. Invasion of the Body Snatchers is horror.

Independence Day is an action/disaster movie which CAN be horror adjacent in my mind.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation

Deadite posted:

If it’s Saw vs Final Destination, I’m a Final Destination person all the way. The bad guy in the FD movies is literally death, so we don’t need to know their backstory of motivations.

Whereas in Saw (or at least Saw 4) the writers seem to think we all really want to know why Jigsaw is a killer and to hear more of his tortured philosophy, when all I really want are killer puzzle traps

I know its stupid because its horror movies but along these lines.

At some point the sprawling conspiracy of the Saw people would be figured out and snuffed out of existence. Again, its horror, I get that we have to suspend belief that a dream demon, a revenant in a lake, an ironman psychopath that can take no damage, exist but in universe they all KINDA make sense. Final Destination death says gently caress you, I am the boss and just gets ridculous but with Saw, the further it goes on the more people in it, it would be discovered.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation

Snooze Cruise posted:

Yeah and in the later movies the entire motivation of Detective Hoffman is "boy howdy i sure hope i don't get discovered like everyone else did" (he does).

I guess I am not explaining it well.

It feels like the amount of resources and timing and coincidence makes it feel contrived?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh so do you mean like the vastness of the conspiracy should have been discovered earlier? Yeah that makes more sense.

Yes! Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Gaitlin Nebraska Childcare Center