Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Thread regular the number one juicy boi checking in

Friday 2 is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Chris James 2 posted:

Wherever Chucky goes from here I'll follow :hellyeah:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Talk to Me is on VOD now and it kicks absolute rear end

I felt like I was gonna barf from stress

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Next weekend I'm going to the drive in to watch a double feature of Critters and Killer Klowns, with the Chiodos brothers in attendance.

Can't fuckin wait

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Takes No Damage posted:

2 childhood staples right there, just the right mix of scary but still goofy enough for kids. If it was a triple bill with Creepshow I'd drive to any of the lower 48 to attend.

It is actually a triple bill, sorta...- Friday is Ernest Scared Stupid / Killer Klowns, and Saturday is Critters / Killer Klowns

sigher posted:

Where is this going down?

The Mahoning Drive In, in Lehighton PA.

There's a great documentary about this historic drive in - https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7116000/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Also the cherry on top of everything is they only show original 35mm prints, nothing digital.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Zachack posted:

Kanopy definitely has credits because I get six and used one to watch The Outwaters last weekend. A good use of a free credit.

Such a cool fuckin movie

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Evil is an incredibly good show

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Hollismason posted:

It somehow came up in conversation but I told my therapist about Hnery Portrait of Serial Killer. He said he would watch it. LMAO

It's my favorite horror movie, tied with Texas Chainsaw '74

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Gonna be a lot of disappointed people searching for and watching "Troll 2"

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

A Fancy Hat posted:

I live in Western PA, I've got Kennywood Phantom Fright Nights as my major haunted attraction but we also have Hundred Acre Manor and The Scarehouse which are absolutely incredible. Hundred Acre Manor is on par or above anything I've done at Universal; just completely wild set design and costumes. Scarehouse used to be on par with that but I haven't gone in a few years.

Out here in Eastern PA, we have Pennhurst Asylum which does haunted spooky stuff every fall. I need to check that out at some point but my wife refuses to go.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Halloween Jack posted:

What? I thought ESP was shut down for good. I got the chance to do it once and I really miss it.

Nah they're still doing their thing

https://easternstate.org/halloween/

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
What movie I have to know

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Well I wasn't GOING to watch it but

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I've always wanted to watch LW&C, I wish I could count it toward my October challenge.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Bless Sanjuro for accidentally creating the cool spray blood effect we all love in samurai movies.

(It was supposed to be normal blood but a coupler broke and turned it into a geyser and Kurosawa was like WAIT HELL YEAH WERE KEEPING THAT)

Edit-- this scene, god it's so good https://youtu.be/UkkF6Zz67TE?si=xa4iWGhvI1vMEHyT

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 29, 2023

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Today is challenge thread day right?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Real talk if anyone is in a position to get one of these, my kid would absolutely love it

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I watched The Pope's Exorcist just to get the gang tag, and god drat it was bad.

I've heard bad accents but Crowe's Super Mario impression Italian accent is really bad.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Hollismason posted:

The Horror Thread Inquisition has begun, please report in the thread any other posters that you think are involved in witchcraft, demonology or other dark arts. There will be a brief trial. If found guilty then they will be imprisoned for a set period of time

(You cannot name me a witch or consort with the devil)

The fact that my name is a vampire reference means nothing I promise

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Hollismason posted:

No its only for current posters practicing the dark arts in the month of Oct.

I think m_sinistrari is participating in witchcraft in order to watch so many movies every year

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
code:
1. INT. SUBURBAN APARTMENT - NIGHT

WE OPEN on a disheveled goon surrounded by candles, in front of an altar, with a laptop in his lap.

COUNT THRASHULA
      That's it - fall right into my trap...

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

TheBizzness posted:

Jeepers Creepers is a bad movie and I say that as someone who defended Dream Child like 2 days ago.

I've always said that it holds the #1 spot of "whiplash between really intriguing first act and absolute drop off a cliff when the monster is revealed".

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Rageaholic posted:

I just rewatched all the Evil Dead movies within the last week. My ranking was ED2 > ED1 > ED2013 > AOD > Rise.

I agree with this.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Just finished When Evil Lurks and it was pretty bonkers. There are a couple effects that will stick out to me as things I can say I have never seen before.

The self inflicted axe to the face and the "mom" eating the kid's brain like a bucket of popcorn. also the "mom" upside down pinned up against a tree with brain matter dropping out.

Definitely not a perfect movie but some really striking images.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Exorcist 3
Friday 3
Halloween 3
Nightmare 3

All the best in their respective series... Makes you think...

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

M_Sinistrari posted:

From my understanding, they're trying to get a series made from it.

That would be cool, they created a really interested "world" that I would be interested in getting more stories out of.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Can't believe it took me this long to see Perfect Blue but wow what an incredibly horrific thriller

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
What's the best way to get into Godzilla movies, or is it just "start with the '54 movie and work your way forward"? There's like 40 of these dang things.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I knew I'd seen Godzilla '54 before, but apparently I saw Raids Again and King of the Monsters a few years back too, even though I don't remember them. I gave '54 five stars (which I just rewatched and it still rules), and the other ones two stars each. Raids Again was such a drop off in quality as a sequel, and KotM just felt like a lovely American remake of the Japanese movie, before the modern era of lovely American remakes of Japanese movies.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
The scene in Godzilla '54 where it cuts between all the scenes of the dead and dying and then the scene of the school children singing sadly and desperately for peace and mercy... is one of the best and most heartbreaking scenes in any horror/monster movie.

It really sets this movie apart from any other monster/kaiju movie, because this isn't just monsters traipsing through a cardboard city and throwing each other around, this is a real disaster with countless people dying and suffering and begging for mercy. It just has such a different tone and stakes than any other movie of its ilk. Like, I know these kinds of movies are all metaphorical on some level, but this just stands out whether you're viewing from a metaphorical or literal interpretation.

I don't really have a point to this post, it's just such an incredible movie and I don't have anyone to ramble to about it.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I'm drinking and watching The Gingerdead Man, and this kicks so much rear end

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Just finished Red Rooms and holy heck what a deeply unsettling thriller. I have so many questions but mostly I just want to think on it for a while.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Y'all forgot the best movie-ending rap song

https://youtu.be/PmrwfhbtjFw?si=YgmshUe1h3N0c03j

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Watching this right now and it kicks rear end

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'm watching it as part of the Last Drive in and it's a trip :laffo:

Yep! Same here. It's buck wild

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

TheKingslayer posted:

The ICP c-listers doing tracks for Rottentail makes so much loving sense.

I literally just said the same thing to my wife. I only recognized Twiztid, but when the subtitles showed it was then I thought "yeah, that checks out."

All in all a solid 2.5/5. I doubt I'd ever watch it again but you can tell this was some sort of passion project. Skiba wanted to make this because he thought he had something good, not because he thought he had something ironically "bad" (a la Velocipastor). I could be wrong, but it was fine.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

MacheteZombie posted:

Always happy to spread the good word of Koji

Koji Shirashi kicks rear end

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

trip9 posted:

Goddamn the marketing has got me so hyped for this movie. All the teasers are inscrutable but amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORe5cAnpTFQ

I don't have a single inkling what the movie is about but every teaser they've released unsettles me on a very deep level.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Medullah posted:

I just finished it and I loved it. I'm a big fan of reading up on that era and things like Michelle Remembers, and I love James Randi so it's like it was tuned for my brain specifically.

Same here, I think it pays homage to those classic 70s inspirations like you said, while pushing those inspirations to absurd degrees. And the depiction of the actual demon - is this really a spoiler? was one of the coolest things I've seen in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Started watching Them: The Scare on Prime Video last night and it's REALLY GOOD

Everyone should watch it because nobody I know has heard of it, and I only just happened to see it in the new releases menu.