Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

BrownPepper posted:

What are some of people's favorite castration scenes?

I mean, it's the obvious choice, but Antichrist was a delight from start to finish and the castration scene was the cherry on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Origami Dali posted:

What's are the best scenes from a horror movie that take place in a public restroom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9WpaZpRPbU

Depending on your definition of public.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

Is there a Halloweenish number that is between 13 and 31?

Honestly, that's not a bad idea. Granted it's not that many more than 13, but 18 split 3 ways could give you;
6 rewatches,
6 new-to-you, and
6 meta categories.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

DAGON has an all-time of a degloving scene, so, y'know be aware.

what are ya'lls favorite deglovings?

I am not the biggest fan of Bones and All, but that opening sequence was absolutely phenomenal.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Recommend me some Ozsploitation films from the 70s and 80s. Nothing with grody stuff just like some nice relaxing horror.

It's not necessarily exploitation, and it's a little outside your date range, but Bedevil from 1993 a moody trilogy of Australian supernatural stories that just drips with style. Definitely relaxing, and aussie as all hell.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

Demons and specifically demonic possession is my absolute least favorite kind of spookadoodle but I need it for the horror challenge, someone rec me a good one that isn't The Pope's Exorcist.

The Last Exorcism is, imo, an all-time highlight of an otherwise fairly mediocre subgenre.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

hmm..

how bad is the shaky cam and unmotivated directing in The Last Exorcism? I tapped out of As Above, So Below pretty quick

As Above, So Below is the worst when it comes to shaky cams. As far as I recall The Last Exorcism is fine for being FF, seeing as it's ostensibly being filmed as a documentary.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Null of Undefined posted:

My wife and I watched Virus (1999) last night and I'm lowkey angry that no one's ever told me to watch it before. It was really good and had some of the coolest grossest robots I've ever seen. It's a movie that absolutely revels in its ridiculous concept and it's SO GROSS. I really loved it.

Oh man, I was absolutely obsessed with the toys for that movie as a kid!

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

gey muckle mowser posted:

Watched Mr. Vampire last night and it loving rules. How are the sequels? 2-4 are on the Criterion Channel as well.

Would like to know this as well. Mr. Vampire owns bones!

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Love this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

That jump scare in Smile when the main character is sitting in her car outside of her sister's house is definitely an all-timer IMO. Up there with The Ring and the girl in the closet.